4UNIMIG VIPER 182 MIG/STICK Welder

96% · 693 · 4%

smca
smcaWide Bay-Burnett, QLD18 posts

total recomend

Had a lousy mig for years.....this one welds great straight out of the box,and is a pleasure to use 2mm -> 10mm steel ...mma is not as good as unimig welder (arc stops) but I don't care, got it for mig function only. My unimig 170 is 10yrs old and still works fantastic. Show details ·  1
Nariel4718
Nariel4718Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Great package unit BUT! I can't use it

This was a fabulous package but reading the first few pages of the instruction manual I discovered I can't use it because I have a pacemaker (heart dependent inplant) - Bugger! Show details ·  1
Terry S.
Terry S.
  MK II U11002K

this machine is so easy to use

this machine is so much better than others I have had of the internet. easy to set up easy to use. would recommend it to beginners or everyday use in your home workshop. Show details ·  1
Mathew
MathewCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Love it!

I’m a novice welder and it took no time at all to get hang of it. Easy to use and well built. I Highly recommend the machine and the brand Show details ·  1
Tony Dennis
Tony Dennis Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Returning welder

Welding was my job 35 years ago, plugged everything in and turned it on pulled the trigger opps forgot the gas, turned the gas on pulled the trigger again, perfect  Show details ·  1
Craig A.
Craig A.Sydney, NSW2 posts
  Verified MK II U11002K

Awesome welder, simple to setup

At 1st I was a little worried it wasn't going to be big enough for the projects I wanted to do. But once it got it all set up it did it with ease. Great quality. Feels good in the hand, manual comes with heaps of info. Show details ·  1
Stuart
StuartGippsland, VIC

Awsome

Had to make the feed ring float a little to get good feed (washer behind locking screw) all good very happy with welder very smooth not sure if burn back dial is working correctly  Show details ·  1
1975webby
1975webbyMurray Region, NSW

Can't beat the 10 amp plug

Easy to use, can't beat the factory 10 amp plug. I can use it anywhere and with a standard extension lead as well as any standard power point in my shed or around the house. Show details ·  1
Philip1
Philip1Southwest, VIC7 posts
  VIPER 182 KUMJRVM182

A high quality machine that does a great job

Recently purchased a Unimig 182 to replace a 15 year old CIG WELDSKILLS 135 that performed poorly from day one. What a massive improvement. I now get smooth, clean mig welds comparable to a large commercial mig I used for many years. The Unimig 182 is quick and easy to set up. Covers a good range of different gauge materials and looks and feels very well made. Using with gas and am very happy with this machine. Show details ·  1
Richard
RichardSouth East Queensland, QLD
  VIPER 182 KUMJRVM182

Great for a first time Mig owner

So far easy to use as I learn to weld. Set-up is easy and the machine has functioned as described on gasless welding so far. Looking forward to running it on gas as well. Show details ·  1
Ashley S.
Ashley S.2 posts

Great

Easy to set up and use, manual easy to follow, better than the unit it replaced, looking forward to improve my welding skills with a quality welder, happy to recommend it. Show details ·  1
Mitch M.
Mitch M.

Love it

Welding like a pro straight out of the box. great gasless and stick welds. Love it. If you want to weld like a pro go out and buy yourself one. Bargain. Show details ·  1
anth
anthGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Winner winner

First time buying a "decent" welder.. I've only ever used cheap Chinese mugs in the past. It's taken almost no time at all to settle in and get a feel for my new viper 182. It's easy to setup, dials a robust and spaced well to make adjustment while wearing welding gloves easy & accurate. I'm very happy with my purchase Show details ·  1
Mike
MikeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA
  VIPER 182 KUMJRVM182

Much improved over my previous mig welder

Easier to setup. Much smoother stick arc welding. Less spatter when MIG welding. Very clear and understandable manual. The manual is an absolute credit to its author. The earth clamp is the first one I've seen of this high quality. Show details ·  1
Peter A.
Peter A.South East Queensland, QLD

It’s not bad

I am not a great welder by any means but I am doing a lot better with the new welder I only use core-flux’s wire and this does the job well. This welder is a lot bigger that I need I would have gone for the smaller model but it does not take the 5kg spool I am happy with it hope to get many year out of it and the extra warranty was a bounce as well. Show details ·  1
Ian M.
Ian M.6 posts

The dummies welder

My welding skills out of 10 is around a 2. Just purchased the viper 182 to fix up a trailer and couldn't believe how much easier it is with a good machine. Highly recommended. Show details ·  1
Welders & Soldering Irons

Find out how UNIMIG VIPER 182 MIG/STICK Welder compares to other Welders & Soldering Irons

Phil
PhilCentral West, NSW

Excellent welder, portable

I have been looking for a home workshop welder for some time to carry out those light gauge steel projects instead of dragging one home from work on the weekends. Welds beautifully on flux cored wire, haven't tried gas yet. Hoping to purchase an aluminium spool gun as well. Show details ·  1
Damien
DamienCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC
  Verified VIPER 182 KUMJRVM182

Been welding a long time I’m very happy, brought this for odd jobs, straight out of the box factory settings, welds smooth and functions really well with gas, would be a great machine for a beginner, Awsum! Show details ·  1
Gary Fitzgibbon
Gary FitzgibbonNortheast, VIC
  Verified VIPER 182 KUMJRVM182

I Just Lerve this Machine!!!

Smooth and a joy to set!
Even a novice would get good results.
I have had a mig previously but now I know how a great machine performs.
Only issue is in the instructions it states the spool thread is left handed. It is right handed!!!!!!! Show details ·  1
Mark H.
Mark H.Canberra 2600, ACT
  VIPER 182 KUMJRVM182

So glad I chose this welder

Being new to welding, I was confused as to what I should buy. After great advice from my Gasweld dude I settled on this Unimig. I couldn't be happier. A numpty like me can now make 2 pieces of steel into 1. This welder is so easy to set up and use. Welding is now less of a black art. Show details ·  1
Sir-Michael R.
Sir-Michael R.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC3 posts

182 Viper

t first appearance, could see how quality made it was, alot heavier than other cheap brands ive owned, easy to setup, works really well, Glad i upgraded to a UNIMIG Show details ·  1
Fitzy
FitzySouth-Eastern Region, NSW2 posts

New Owner

Purchased a 182 Unimig welder this month. Used it today for the 1st time.
The unit was very easy to set up with the owner manual very easy to understand. Controls are very easy to use and precise. The welder performed very well and produces great result. Would recommend to anyone. Great unit. Show details ·  1
Daniel
DanielDarling Downs, QLD2 posts

UNI MIG VIPER 182

Was recommended by a friend, This is awesome welder, coming from just a stick, makes my little jobs fun. Easy to use was given a run down by where I bought it from Sedl Agencies on how to use it and install wire correctly. Show details ·  1
Greg McT
Greg McTSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts
  VIPER 182 KUMJRVM182

I can’t believe how good this machine is

I’ve owned a basic Mig Welder for home hobbyist work for twenty years and can’t believe how good this machine is. I’ve always used solid wire/argon and that’s how I use this machine. Neat features like burn back control to prevents those constant wire sticking problems, and the manual feed button for loading and trimming wire.

But best of all it produces beautiful welds, without stutter, I’m loving it. Show details

LGWH
LGWHCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC2 posts

Great home workshop welder

The welder has done all that I have asked of it since I bought it. I, as yet, haven't tried the stick welder as the MIG is doing everything I need. As the title says, great home workshop welder. Show details
phil r.
phil r.Sydney, NSW3 posts
  VIPER 182 KUMJRVM182

Cheap and nasty!!! Don't waste your money

The title says it all. Total waste of money. Built worse than the titanic. Cheap build quality from the flimsy parts to the loose screws holding it together. And the guide settings for material thickness was totally useless. It's more suited to being a kids toy than a proper welder. Show details
UNIMIG
UNIMIG   DM

Hi Phil, thanks for your 1 star review. Have you contacted any of our departments in order to rectify your issue? Like any product in the world things can happen, we will be more than willing to help you out.

Welders & Soldering Irons

Bob
BobGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC7 posts

Mighty little machine

Great welder it took me about an hour or so to get the settings for the different metals just right but now Im welding everything from thin tubings to 10-15 mm steel. I highly recommend this welder for the home welder to the more experienced Show details ·  1
Alan Brown
Alan Brown3 posts

Fantastic welder

Bought from Nubco Launceston. Welds everything from .6mm steel through to 10mm with no problems, no overheating whatsoever. Used with gas and gasless wires but prefer gas. Stick welding is good, but find it a little hard to start somtimes. Puts good size filets down no worries. Being a retired Boilermaker makes it easy to use. Show details ·  1
Dave L.
Dave L.2 posts

top backyard mig

this is my 2nd vipre, had a bit of trouble, no 9mm wire wheel available for gas a but i use 8ml wire works great fot the money its out classes other mig in the same category and price, i cannot kill this mig never has a duty failure excellent product and need be will buy again. bought from ADG welding at st. marys and the staff there are excellent and alway willing to help in any way.. dave law...mt druitt Show details ·  2
Donald C.
Donald C.3 posts

cheap, welds ok ,service lousy

purchase 3 years ago stopped working returned for repairs unimig service n.s.w, they lost my hand piece, very hard to get in contact with and do not answer emails ,, spend the extra dollars buy better, old telwin lasted 10 years hard work , don't recommend Show details
UNIMIG
UNIMIG   DM

Hi Donald, we're sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please send an email to design@unimig.com.au and we will sort this out for you.

Jaiby77
Jaiby775 posts

Excellent little welder

Ive had the 182 viper for 18 months.
I ran gasless for 6 months and was very happy with the outcome.
I then got gas and this little welder is now comparable to much much larger and more expensive welders that ive used.
The duty cycle is only 10% at 180 amps.... i beleive this means 6 mins per hour..
Although this sounds like not much welding time i dont often run it at max power and it has never shutdown for cooldown.
I love this welder.. Show details
Jim