Verified🏆 2024 AwardMPN:KUMJRVM185

98% · 1783 · 2%

mark c.
mark c.2 posts

So im no welder but picked up my new 185 yesterday

Brought from Sydney Tools in Malaga and for less than a grand for the 185 and the bonus pack, im a better welder than i was yesterday. Probably a bit more machine than i needed but i plan to grow in to it. Show details ·  1
Keith the blacksmit
Keith the blacksmitMid North Coast, NSW2 posts

Amazing machine

Being a working blacksmith I have killed many mig welders; your welder is amazing in all aspects,ILOVE MYUnimig welder, you should have a t shirt that’s says I ❤️ My welder Show details ·  1
Greg60
Greg60North Queensland, QLD7 posts
Pierre
Pierre

My first attempt at welding, great results in no time

I found it easy to go from zero to great looking and correctly penetrated welds using gas mig.
I utilised only YouTube including unimigs videos.

I got the welder to build an offset smoker for far less than buying one of comparable steel gauge. The project came in under 2.5k with welder, a grinder and other basic tools and materials - I started from scratch. Now for the next build! Show details ·  1

williamarthurolive
williamarthurolive

Nate
NatePerth, WA

Great for home

Easy enough to setup
Quality build
Earth clamp and cables are solid/nice
Only gripe is the wire spool spins pretty free when letting go of the MIG trigger
No birds nests yet so that’s ok Show details ·  1
murray
murray

simplicity any could use one

bought mig tig stick bundle only used mig so far and its great very easy to use nice clean welds setup is a dream cant be happier all round nice machine Show reply
Peter
Peter2 posts

Easy to use out of the box 10Amp plug welder

I bought this in a bundle deal from Sydney Tools Sunshine who were very helpful.
I bought gas for MIG and tried MIG and Stick /MMA straight away. Within a very short time acceptable down-hand welds were obtained after last welding in school 40 years ago! Checkout Farming Life Australia YouTube for 3 excellent unbiased, unpaid review videos. These made my choice really easy and found reviews accurate to my first experiences. Show details ·  1
Ethan
EthanHunter Region, NSW

Couldn’t be happier!

Bought the bundle deal last week, I’m no welder by any means but instructions to setup were super clear, the setup chart is a nice feature I just matched everything to what i was doing and the results I have been seeing is better than I could ever have expected. I’d honestly recommend this machine to anyone like me with little to no welding experience the machine basically does all the hard work for you! Show details ·  1
Ben16 posts

Good Value - Unimig have been helpful

My machine did not come with all the parts that it should have, and despite the fact that I ordered it from a 3rd party, Unimig helped me out with what I was missing. The hardware store I purchased from were not so helpful. Good instructions and videos available from Unimig, helpful for those new to Mig and Tig. Show details ·  1
Stevejaz
Stevejaz3 posts

Love my new toy

Looked at the 120 package deal at first but decided to go with the 185 package deal for a longer term investment. I'm pretty much a beginner, having done little more than a bit of stick welding a long time ago and looking forward to getting into Tig. My only concern was that I found the settings in the guide a bit "hot" for a beginner. Show details ·  1
Cian
Cian

Excellent multi purpose machine, wish i bought it sooner!

Unimig support and reference library of data and videos also very helpful.
Light, mobile unit. Easy to switch between welding types.
Using the Tig function a lot now and lift arc fine for a newbie like me. Show details ·  1
Tony R.
Tony R.Southwest, VIC

Great Item!

First time welder and found the Viper 185 easy use and set up thanks to the easy to follow instructions and youtube videos! Great product that will absolutely do all l want and some.
Bought as a bundle through Total Tools for $899 great value for what l got Show details ·  1
Sooty
SootyMid North Coast, NSW

Absolute weapon of a welder

I’m no welder by any means, I’ve only used it gasless at this point and it has done the things I need it to do, can’t wait to try with gas and use the tig and stick feature Show details ·  1
Rod
RodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great welder

I have found this welder to be easy to use as I'm definitely not a welder, but for the handyman its 100% better than the piece of crap i bought online. i find the 185 great for light gauge work which is my main activity. and thanks for the great video's you put out. Show details ·  1
Mark
MarkWide Bay-Burnett, QLD2 posts

Awesome welder easy to use

Great welder with easy to use functions and excellent for first time or novice people with little or no experience, easy to load wire and plenty of grunt to weld heavier metals as well as light gauge Show reply
Welders & Soldering Irons

Find out how UNIMIG VIPER 185 KUMJRVM185 MIG/TIG/Stick Welder compares to other Welders & Soldering Irons

Dan Evans
Dan EvansIllawarra, NSW

Great welder

Haven't welded in 14 plus years after leaving the automotive industry and using the viper 185 was like riding a bike. Easy to setup and use. A great welder for any home garage. Show details ·  1
john
johnSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Works well, better than expected

Have used it as MIG, steel and alloy and stick welding, works really well on a 10 amp socket. Rebuilt a boat trailer and never tripped the circuit once as has happened with other welders. Purchased a spool gun for alloy which works perfectly for tinny repairs. Show details ·  1
Paul
Paul

Making life easier

My welding is so much neater than the old stick welder. Adjustments etc are easy to dial in for the various requirements. And great for thin sheetmetal work. Excellent machine. Show details ·  1
Andy
Andy

Works really well

Haven’t done much welding but seems like a really easy machine to use, easy to adjust setting and a good owners manual. The free gift when purchased the welder was also a good bonus! Show details ·  1
Paul Cunningham
Paul Cunningham

Easy to use, great results and my students haven't broken them

I have installed 5 of these 185 welders into my Metalwork workshops as they are epic. I have had no issues with any machine, consumables are easily available and they have copped a flogging. Show details ·  1
Dessi
DessiSouth Australia

Its a better welder than my skills

love this little welder its small easy to move around .I'm far from a welds but but this little welder makes my work look great and with the spool gun I'm welding aluminium the only person I now in the district that can .Plus the price makes it a no brainier! Show details ·  1
Emmanuel
EmmanuelSydney, NSW

Modified my car

The welder is a very easy to use unit especially the quick guide settings on the inside cover of the wire compartment very happy with my purchase and a great affordable unit Show details ·  1
Alec
Alec

Good machine, couldn’t make it any easier to use

I have completed a few projects with the unimig 185 already it is a perfect machine and can be fine tuned to suit any conditions. By far the best welder I have used so easy to set up and get to work. Show details ·  1
Peter F.
Peter F.

Great little welder

Excellent all rounder welder, good welding power
Disappointed with kit. It was advertised as a 3-in-1 kit but found there was no TIG kit included after unpacking purchased kit. Will have to order and buy separately. Show details ·  1
Jim P
Jim PNorthern Region, NSW2 posts

A real step up from my last welder

My last welder was my beginner Mig machine. It taught me a lot but i also learnt that not all machines are equal. This new machine has opened up a new world of Mig to me. I was amazed at the ease of running weld lines with the new hand piece and the geared wire feed is a great set up for me. My new welding helmet is great, a large viewing area with the ability to fit a magnifying lens has helped my welding immensely. A great machine at a reasonable price. Show details ·  1

Phoenix Custom Metal
Phoenix Custom MetalSydney, NSW2 posts

Perfect

Portable, easy to operate and perfect for my work. For the occasions I need to to change between mig to mma the change over is quick and easy love it. Show details ·  1
Gerard M.
Gerard M.

Excellent welder

I trained and worked welding more than fourty years ago and still work on the tools
This welder is as good as any I have used The best value ever
It is so good I went back and bought another Show details ·  1
BigMack
BigMackGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC12 posts

Great welder won’t disappoint

Bought this welder for my sons to learn to weld. Couldn’t be happier it’s a great welder as per all the reviews I read before buying. Haven’t used the tig yet only gasless mig welding. Show details ·  1
Dale M
Dale MGippsland, VIC

Awesome machine

I have never used any sort of welding equipment before prior to purchasing this machine. It was simple, plenty of information online on how to use. Great Machine highly recommend!! Show reply
Jack
JackPilbara, WA

New to the world of mig welding

Easy to setup, great youtube setup videos and welding like a master welder, love it. Can't wait to get into TIG welding as it seems the best weld to do. Show details ·  1
Ian
IanWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Fantastic machine with great range from the thinest steel up to your light fabrication it works great

Welds great with flux core and gas sheilded mig, the option of both tig and arc are great aswell, the added spool gun for aluminum makes it very versatile for all home handymen Show details ·  1
Dean
DeanPerth, WA

Best little home MIG - Aussie owned too!

Very impressed by this little welder. Love how both feed rollers are geared together. Usually only get that feature in higher end welders.
Obviously not thick pipe or plate without some suitable prep and set up, but other than that it handles everything I need in a little unit. You get some surprisingly decent welds when you run gas instead of flux core. Handles the Pilbara heat and dust well.
Even my 9yr can lay down a basic bead.
Very impressed!! Show details ·  1

One bloody bonza welder

This welder does it all ,perfect for me it's everything and more from all positive reviews I read before buying and now using.. I'll be sticking with this brand for all my welding products Show reply
andrew burnett
andrew burnettMurray Region, NSW

excellent little shed welder

brought it as a easy 10amp welder for home and has been a great little welder in MMA GMAW TIG. I have used it on cars and railing and some framing for a pergola without a issue Show details ·  1
Mark H
Mark HGoulburn Valley, VIC4 posts

This is a great little welder

This is a great little welder and is a good serious beginners welder. I’m a boilermaker by trade and find this suitable for most jobs at home. With care it can be dialled down to weld sheet metal and with proper prep will weld reasonably thick mild steel. I’d advise anyone using it to splash out and grab a gas bottle and use .9 mm wire rather than flux core, your welds will be much better. I haven’t tried using it to arc weld yet so can’t give an opinion on that. Show details ·  1

Grant Abbott
Grant AbbottSouth East Queensland, QLD

One of the BEST mid range welders i have used

The Unimig 185 Viper does everything i want it to do for a MID range welder. Welding most MILD steel i through at it (Havent used the TIG bit yet). Show details ·  1
Petet.C
Petet.CSydney, NSW

Easy mig for a beginner

Easy to set up, and easy to use. I did watch a couple of YouTube videos and that helped me with settings. I have used on 6mm and 1.5mm and am happy with the result. Show details ·  1
Damien
Damien

Brilliant

Excellent machine. Only issue is me! I have been able to do welds I could never do with a stick such as vertical up. Set up is simple and reference charts provided ensure a good outcome every weld. Ten power supply means no more tripping circuit breakers. Well done UNMIG. Show details ·  1
rrcdgrock
rrcdgrockVictoria2 posts

Great machine easy to set up and use highly recommended

Compact and professional machine easy to use and to set up I have used it consistenly over the last year and has not let me down would recommend this welder to anyone.
Cheers Rob. Show details ·  1