The Co-op

The Co-op (page 4 of 8)

If I could give 0 stars I would

Really angry at the 5 star ratings telling people complaints are unfounded - please go onto the CO OP facebook page and you will see it happening firsthand to everybody who tries to order. Forget about the peak time crap, it doesn't matter when you order, its always bad. I've actually never been so angry at a company before. I ordered, I waited, I contacted via email multiple times to cancel, I called and the number hangs up on you. Then they invoiced. Finally I tracked down a university coop and there was no answer, finally got someone who tried to help but was full of excuses. Told me to return to sender and I would get my money back but by this time I had 0 trust in them. Out $110 for a 2nd hand book and will never use them again...

Libby

LibbySydney

Ignore the bad reviews

I ordered through the Co-op and then read these reviews so was like, "oh crap" but as I suspected the reviews are unfounded. My suspicion is that people ordered right during peak time or were ordering to suburbs or rural areas.

I received my text books within the 5 days I was told I would when I placed the order.

These reviews are incorrect and as long as you don't order during peak time I think you'll be fine as I was.

The process was extremely easy as most online shopping is.

SJJ

SJJPerth

Phones not working, items not delivered, a few items that were are damaged. No customer service.

Ashley

Ashley

Customer service

Did an order with 13 items, was then told after a week that i will only get 4 of these items because the rest are out of stock for good. Had to chase up the answer to this. I then found out on a facebook group that people who placed orders after me received the stock i have ordered. A refund wasnt good enough, blaming the system is not acceptable these day with the technology we have.

Dan

Dan

Stay away

I ordered a book from them thru eBay 1 month later they told me the book is not available and I haven't got my money back terrible service. They are disorganised and promise to fix it but they never do. I read the terrible reviews and took a chance now I'm regretting it don't make the same mistake as me.

lola

lola

SO BaD

A book that is $120 on booktopia, they sell for $170. The membership thing is annoying and the customer service SUCKS.

Jess

Jess

Do not buy from this site

So dodgy and unprofessional. Still waiting on a refund for books I never received even though they said they were in stock. Customer service took months to reply and still nothing....I don't even think I will get a refund, I am not out of 120 dollars and had to buy the book somewhere else

Do not buy!! Scam

What the hell are they doing in the head office?

Yoshi
Yoshi

update... I went back to uni and they said "the store in NSW accidentally cancelled your order. so we don't have your book and we can't refund you."
You have got to be kidding. That's a scam.

Shamalama

ShamalamaSydney

Don't expect to ever receive your item

I purchased an item over 2 months ago from the Co-op's website and never received acknowledgment that my order was even received. Despite numerous attempts to call and email the company, they never responded. One of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. Thankfully for Paypal, I was able to obtain a refund. NEVER AGAIN!

Misleading and deceptive behaviour - terrible business model

Terrible Stock Levels

4 out of 6 times that I've gone into Coop to purchase a text, they have sold out or have not received stock before week 2 of classes.

However, the worse case was when my course lecturer and university told Coop to order in double the amount of textbooks for an accounting subject for this semester due to the size of the course. Paid for express postage, but Coop said it will take up to 2 weeks, because too many people are ordering the textbook?? Clearly they ignored the request of doubling the order this semester. Didn't receive the textbook until 4 weeks later.

Lesson learnt the hard way

Ordered a book paid express post can't phone and no response to email. Learnt my mistake the hard way wish there was a warning on their webpage before. l having to learn the hard way!

Horrible!

Maddi

MaddiBrisbane

Absolutely ridiculous!!

I ordered 6 books from them on the second of march and heard nothing for a whole week. So I called many times and of course the phones were down so I sent a request and the next day I had confirmation that they were shipping two of my books. They arrived soon after then almost another week later, 1 more of my 6 books arrived. I'm still currently waiting on 3 more!!!!!! And have sent in many emails and phone calls. I'm not behind in my English subject because I can't read the novels. It has been 3 weeks, it is an absolute joke. Don't bother....

FlickB

FlickB

Don't Bother - Save money and Save time, buy from ANYWHERE ELSE besides the Coop

A complete joke

Week 5 of university and no textbook. No textbooks i need in stock at Curtin campus. phone line is down. They are not responding to my emails at all.

Avoid these jerks completely!!!

Ordered 160 dollar book a month ago, can't call, emailed 4 times and recieved no answer, completed online request for money back including a threaten to next contact accc....Please learn from my mistake and DO NOT USE THE CO-OP AT ALL!!!! Order online...you save about 200 dollars anyway and these jerks need to go under! Some of the worst customer service ever! Would rate zero stars if i could.

GabrielSouth East Queensland, QLD

No book

Terrible! Prices are high and the book arrives faster if ordering from a different company in the UK. Waiting for a textbook for a course. Can't contact the company by phone, only online and no direct swift answer. Stressful experience dealing with this company that has little concern for customer support or satisfaction. Avoid like the plague!.

Gabriel

How not to run a business

Same issue as many others...wish I had read the reviews first. Ordered a textbook apparently in stock, paid for express shipping. Didn't hear anything beyond initial order confirmation for over a week, when I contacted them they said they were sorry and it was on it's way..website still advised it was in stock. A week later had still not heard anything and now website says out of stock, earliest dispatch from 30 March, well over a month since my original order date. Missed one assignment due to not having the textbook. Cancelled the order and waiting to see whether they will refund my money.