The Co-op

The Co-op

Jess

JessCanberra

Online orders are a nightmare

Kara

KaraMelbourne

DO NOT USE THEIR ONLINE STORE

Bron

BronBrisbane

Do not buy books online.

Do not buy books online! The only reason I did was because I found one of the books I needed half price so in order for them to price match I had too. The book went to the wrong Uni and I was charged the full price with Zippay. Not the discounted price with the price match. Then they cancelled the order without telling me the credit will take up to 2 weeks, which means I cannot order my book until this is refunded. So I am starting class with no book. Not impressed. Plus you can be on hold for over 2 hours just to get through to someone.

Book Shops

Find out how The Co-op compares to other Book Shops

Sherlock

SherlockAU

Poor Service.Items often listed but not available. Slow refunds.

Emails go unanswered. Difficult to get through to by phone.Items are often not available but are still listed online.
While general service is ok the online experience is well below acceptable.

Disappointing Customer Service

Rarely answer queries, took three weeks to refund out-of-stock book purchase, almost always out-of-stock, and absurdly long phone holds. I will not be purchasing from co-op again and instead will buy from online free shipping retailers.

greenwarpy

greenwarpySydney

Consistently dissapointing

I have never had a positive interaction with the co-op bookshop.
Highlights of my experiences with them include
-Spending half an hour peeling an envelope sized preowned sticker off of a textbook, trying not to damage it.
-Having my membership application lost, This was only resolved after I threatened them with a consumer tribunal.
-Waiting all semester for them to restock a book in that I needed during that semester. I eventually ended up buying it online from another retailer for less money and I received it in a week

I would recommend the co-op bookshop only as a last resort. you can usually get books cheaper and faster elsewhere.

SherryMiyano