Uncle Tobys Shredded Wheat

Uncle Tobys Shredded Wheat (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Breakfast Cereal / Muesli in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Woeful

SW used to be my go to breakfast once a week. It now has absolutely no taste and is like horse feed. Could not eat it at all we even gave it our chickens and they wouldn't eat it either. Very angry about this change I even rang uncle Toby's and the customer service lady didn't really care all she could say was sorry. Uncle Toby's need to change it back.

Ricardo and Andres

Ricardo and AndresMid North Coast, NSW

Absolute Garbage........Change it back!

Cost cutting exercise? Customer cutting more likely!!

I’ve just bought a box of the “new” Shredded Wheat - the only cereal I’ve eaten for over 40 years.

That box was my last! Very, very, disappointed. Customer lost!

Why?

SW was my favourite cereal- healthy & delicious. The new packaging drew suspicion-10g lighter ! The new bags are ridiculous: way too tight & useless if you only want 1 SW for breakfast. Most importantly the taste & texture are completely inferior. Gone is the caramely chewy taste to be replaced by a brittle biscuit that tastes no better than a wet doormat. I'm sure Uncle Toby's will lose old customers & fail to pick up any new ones over this 'upgrade'. Perhaps the next change could involve Australian wheat, not Canadian & certainly not British!

Cat

CatMandurah

I used to LOVE shredded wheat.

I used to love shredded weat as a treat. When i bought the latest box i noticed it was smaller. Then i saw the inside packaging was different. 2 per packet not 3. Then I ate them.... yuck! They tasted stale as though they had been opened. I did read on their webiste that they had moved from producing in Canada (please go back there) to England. I won't be buying another pack unless they go back to what they had before.

Shredded Wheat? Shredded Cardboard!

What has happened to shredded wheat? It is now tasteless rubbish and the revised packaging causes more disintegration of the biscuits when opening the tightly bound packs.

I knew something was up when I noticed the ‘new’ packaging but soldiered on. Then I took a bite and thought, “Was this packet open and I didn’t notice because this is stale!” To my dismay, I realised that it was no longer the cereal that I have lived for nearly 50 years.
Horrible. Change it back or you’ve lost another customer.

JulesE

JulesEQld, 4183

Shredded Wheat you’ve lost me!

Opened my new packet of Shredded Wheat this morning. First thoughts were these are smaller and to add to my surprise when opening the pack of 2 completely different. These have always been a treat, started eating in the UK as a child and continued to have them in Winter with warm milk. This will be the last box I buy! They are nothing like the original product, you’ve lost me!

joan

joan

What have they done!

Bought these for 40 plus years and they were my treat due to cost. Completely changed, no taste, they dont even look the same, most disappointed. Will not buy again.

What have you done Uncle Toby's/ Nestlé?

R00ney

R00neyAdelaide

This is horrible cannot eat it anymore.

For years I have eaten SW. I Think the brand name once was 'Welgars'. Maybe English. But the transition to Uncle Tobys was seamless. My wife went shopping a few months ago and came back with these horrible plastic looking loufres that tasted horrible. Has Uncle Toby's taken on a young nutritionist that thought it was time to change. Like they have done with everything else in life. There was no warning of this and I hope you reap what you sow. Not happy Jan!!

GRANNY

GRANNY

Terrible change

I have loved and eaten Shredded Wheat for more than 50 years but the product is not the same anymore, It’s smaller and doesn’t taste the same. Please go back to the original. The only good thing about this new version is the packaging giving us a single serve per pack. I won’t be buying the new one again.
The size, weight and packaging are smaller but the price didn't come down.

Gwen2620

Gwen2620Exeter

Disgusting taste

After eating shredded wheat for years as a treat on the weekend, I opened the box to discover they looked different. Looked different - they taste disgusting - as other reviewers have said, like I imagine cardboard to taste. They are bland and have no taste. As they cost $5 I will eat the rest but NEVER AGAIN. So sad.

Don

Don

What a con

I was in the UK in 2016 and had Shredded Wheat for breakfast having eaten it for the past 50 odd years. What a let down, nothing like the taste I have been used to in Australia.
Imagine my disappointment last week when I opened a box at home and saw not just the same packaging (a waste of extra paper by wrapping 2 shreddies instead of 3) but the same awful taste. To rub salt into the wound the front of the box contains the statement that the recipe has remained the same since the 19th century! Such blatant lies. And the total weight has decreased but not the price!
Uncle Toby has lost this customer.

Taste changed

Hope we can go back to the Canadian brand as I am unhappy with this brand. I think it has more fibre which is good but the taste just not the same!!

Shazza

ShazzaSydney, NSW

Bring back the original Shredded Wheat

I have loved and eaten Shredded Wheat for years but the product is not the same anymore , it’s too crumbly and doesn’t taste the same .Please go back to the original. The only good thing about this new version is the packaging giving us a single serve per pack .I’ll be looking for some old stock to buy because I won’t be buying the new one again

RIP Shredded Wheat

I have been enjoying Shredded Wheat for 30 years until I recently opened a packet. I noticed the packaging had changed, but who cares. Then I placed them in a bowl and noticed they were more crumbly than normal. At the first bight I realized something was different, but thought the batch may have been over cooked or something, so I opened another box only to find the same terrible experience. Now I find that the product is sourced from the UK instead of Canada. I am originally from the UK, so I don't have an issue with that, but the texture and taste is absolutely horrible. I will not even finish the boxes I bought, and am now looking for an alternative as these things are inedible.

JanParadise Point, Gold Coast

Shredded Wheat is not the same

I've been eating shredded wheat for about 50 years, It has changed. It is not good anymore. It has a strange taste to it. Please go back to Canada where it was previously made.
It looks like I'll have to find something else for breakfast.

Phylthecamera

PhylthecameraPerth

Theft by stealth?

Ever since I was a youngster I have eaten shredded wheat, (now in my 70's)
Now I notice the latest couple of boxes are 270g instead of 280gm, packaged in smaller portion sizes and a different colour.
I feel Uncle Tobys have been very crafty as the cost is still the same and no mention of less weight.
Also I have never seen them on special in all my years. Answer please Uncle Toby

Muriel

MurielMelbourne

Disappointed!

I have also eaten this breakfast cereal for years and loved it. I have bought it in recent years in Uk while visiting and boasted to everyone that the Aussie version was far superior. How disappointed was I to open the new pack this morning to find the Uk cardboard equivalent in the box!! I love the single serve wrapping but could live without it. Please, please can we dispense with the new style and revert back to the old. People tend to vote with their feet!! Noone’s going to buy this rubbish