Up Bank

4.1

Belinda

BelindagEELONG

Best bank I've even had

I have no idea why there is bad reviews. Best bank I have ever used, when you contact customer service they get back to you within a few hours absolute tops which is amazing considering most companies I email take several days. It tells you if a payments been attempted, lets you bucket your money into as many savings accounts as you want etc. Been able to have a 2nd account would be handy but it's on the map, which I also love because you know exactly how long it will be to a feature is launched. Except the secret project which has sat there forever and still hasn't magically turned into locked savers or a notice saver....just saying :)

Easy, reliable and modern

My partner And I have been with ‘up’ for a few months after changing from one of the big banks.

We both have had great experiences with customer service (fast reply via app)
OSKO payments work well, savers are easy to setup/edit and ‘round ups’ are a great saving function.
Only thing we are waiting for is to be able to have multiple cards for different accounts.

We would recommend.

John P.

John P.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best banking experience I’ve ever had

Customer service has been impeccable. Literally every time I’ve had a query, I message in app, and have a response in minutes. Have been waiting years to able to manage my money the way you can with UpBank.

Ange

Ange

Great about the tech, forgot about the basics

I like the tech aspects of UP Bank. Love the instant payments, notifications about upcoming bills, notifications about payments, the app design is nice, and the ability to make lots of different savings accounts for savings goals and still gain interest.

BUT... it seems as if they've forgotten to do the basics. Paywave doesn't work on my card, it always declines, and despite me notifying them three weeks ago I've received no update, nor have I received a new card. Their customer service is very lacking.

I like it enough to stay with it, but if I hear of another bank offering the same tech solutions and no fees I'd switch in a heartbeat.

tftas

tftas

Customer Service is the WORST!!

I have been with Up early 2019 and everything was going ok until I needed their assistance. I requested some changes made to my daily limit and was told that it was at their discretion if they chose to change the limit and at this time they have declined my request!! So in other words, they are telling me how I can spend my own money...oh no I don't think so. Account closed! Also, no phone number to call, no website to use...too bad if your phone dies.

Aiden H.

Aiden H.Sydney, NSW

Every bank should be like this

Australia's best banking app by miles, with features you didn't know you needed until now. Active community of users across social media, including staff - you can literally DM the co-founder of this company with ideas.

The only issue I have is with customer service - as the product becomes more popular, so too does text-based service. It can sometimes take days before you hear from them, and they are only available live during business hours. For day-to-day use, this is okay - but every now again, you may experience a hiccup and need help urgently.

Disclaimer: Early customer of 1.5 years, and have received free merchandise. This doesn't change my opinion, but I figured it would be wise to mention here.

Joel R.

Joel R.Launceston, TAS

Absolutely shocking

froze my accounts won't get back to me, worst service in any financial service. Avoid at all costs.. no way to call they only have answering machine. The chat service is just faceless people with no care for the job

Lakers1222

Lakers1222

Up bank doesn’t have a website. And locks out of out the app if phone is jailbroken. So, now I cannot access my money

Use bank for 3 months. Bank is not reliable is you jailbreak. Customer service just told me to restart my phone and that did nothing. Time to change banks again

Rachel E.

Rachel E.

Great bank of the future

They have a lot of features that not many other banks do, and it is very simple and easy to use. Customer service has always been quick through the app, and issues resolved quickly. The only downside is there don't offer a few services that would be very helpful, such as joint accounts, locked savings accounts, credit cards, etc.

Jack91Brisbane

Excellent and Fast Customer Service

Fast and very simple set up.

The customer service was fast and excellent. Any questions that I had were always answered within a business day.

Very impressed and loving this bank/service/set up.

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions and New Account
Mia M.

Mia M.

Easy to use , fast communication

I've been with this bank over a year and I've found them very reliable with very efficient and helpful customer service. The app is so easy to use , with transactions the easiest to find out of any bank app. Also , very asthetically pleasing which makes banking not so bad...

Calum T.

Calum T.South East Queensland, QLD

No problems at all

After 12months with UP Bank I’ve had relatively no issues. The features are great and anything that was a concern when I first joined have now been updated. Like everything these days, my word of advice for the negative reviews here is don’t have all your eggs in one basket. Im about to move overseas and use UP predominantly, but I’ll have second money option just in case I get stuck.

Dereck

DereckPerth, WA

Great new banking App

I have been with Up for one week now and it is looking very promising so far. Am hoping I can soon ditch my “top 4“ bank as it is stuck in the Stone Age. Unlike a recent reviewer who was very unhappy with service in China, I always travel with multiple transaction options.
The chat help line was very good for my queries. Everything is free, how do they plan to make money, I wonder?

Justin

JustinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Non-existent customer service.

Recently I travelled overseas to China and got stuck amidst the coronavirus outbreak. I needed to urgently book flights back home, but was locked out of my card because it was requesting a OTP to my Australian phone which I didn't have.

I contacted customer service and the lack of empathy was disgusting. They said there was nothing they could do, and then proceeded to tell me I never informed them I went overseas which was an utter lie. I showed screenshot proof that I did and they said it was an "oversight". I ended up needing to get a loan overseas because they refused to help me in the most desperate time I needed it.

Never coming back.

Anon

Anon

Great

enjoying the app & banking with you guys loved that the card came into a recyclable envelope My only critique is the stickers are just going to end up in landfill

Jaimee L.

Jaimee L.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible Customer Service and No Features

Joshua Michael

Joshua MichaelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent banking experience.

I've been with Up since about May 2019. The app is super efficient and easy to use and probably the most intuitive of most banks that I've used. Your bills and spendings are structured in an easy to view manner so you always know where your money is being spent and any upcoming bills that are due soon. You get handy reminders at the start of most weeks letting you know when your bills are due for the week and how much you spent the week prior compared to the week before that. I've had to contact customer service once or twice and they are professional, friendly, and quick to respond. They keep you in the loop with upcoming developments for the app and accounts. Very happy with the banking experience. Can't wait to do more with this bank.

TonM

TonMcorowa

Works well for our financial needs!

JessicaM

JessicaMSydney, NSW

Great online banking app

I love this bank because it has the best interest rate for savings, and I can separate my accounts into individual savings goals eg. Christmas, trip to Paris. It's very simple to use and transfer to/from and I've never had any issues. I've also referred some friends to them and we both received the $5 bonus!

andyhopkins

andyhopkinsSydney, NSW

The future of banking

Not a single complaint. The Up Roadmap on their website keeps you engaged with upcoming improvements. Customer service is super fast and friendly. The app is absolutely brilliant. It's made me love banking and managing my money, which I never thought would be possible.

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account