Up Bank

3.8

Rob P

Rob PSydney, NSW

Best bank I've ever used

Great app, extremely quick and easy to use. Payments are made instantly and very easy to track whether you have completely the necessary steps to receive the bonus interest on savings accounts!

Easy, reliable and modern

My partner And I have been with ‘up’ for a few months after changing from one of the big banks.

We both have had great experiences with customer service (fast reply via app)
OSKO payments work well, savers are easy to setup/edit and ‘round ups’ are a great saving function.
Only thing we are waiting for is to be able to have multiple cards for different accounts.

We would recommend.

Simone

SimoneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Who would love a bank??? ME!

I've been with Up for 10 months and although I've had to wait for certain features in that time to come I have always felt really happy with my choice to switch. The customer service via the in-app messaging has been OUTSTANDING! I can't believe people have had bad experiences because my experiences have only been great!
The app is fast, easy to use and if I have not known how to use a feature the in-app messaging has given me a response SUPER quickly.
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

TopicATM Experience and New Account

Des

DesAustralian Capital Territory

Worst bank

This bank is horrible to deal with. I’d have more trust with my money in a shoe box on my front door step. Customer service is appalling. A business waiting to fail.

Sarah

SarahPeel, WA

Terrible service. Very disappointed.

I have tried and tried to join up banking but its just not worth it. It will not verify me, even though my details are 100% right. Customer service were rude. would not waste my time again trying to set this up and recommend you dont waste yours either.

John P.

John P.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best banking experience I’ve ever had

Customer service has been impeccable. Literally every time I’ve had a query, I message in app, and have a response in minutes. Have been waiting years to able to manage my money the way you can with UpBank.

Ange

Ange

Great about the tech, forgot about the basics

I like the tech aspects of UP Bank. Love the instant payments, notifications about upcoming bills, notifications about payments, the app design is nice, and the ability to make lots of different savings accounts for savings goals and still gain interest.

BUT... it seems as if they've forgotten to do the basics. Paywave doesn't work on my card, it always declines, and despite me notifying them three weeks ago I've received no update, nor have I received a new card. Their customer service is very lacking.

I like it enough to stay with it, but if I hear of another bank offering the same tech solutions and no fees I'd switch in a heartbeat.

Caitlin O.

Caitlin O.Sydney, NSW

Non-Responsive Customer Service, No Support

Looking for a budget-tracking app, I signed up for UP. I realized instantly this wasn't the app for me, as i'm happy with my bank & did not want a new one.

I instantly message their customer service as per their FAQ on deleting accounts. Flash forward 5 days later, still no response & I've now received an UP debit card! I message them again asking them to please cancel my account & confirm the cancellation.

It has now been OVER TWO WEEKS and I've yet to get a single response.

I'm so disappointed. I'm also very concerned that this company now has my details, as they now have no reason to - and i've requested they delete them.

Woeful service!

I have been trying to complete the joining process. I need help to resolve one item with which I'm having trouble and have phoned Up Bank on 6 occasions in the last 3 weeks. It is virtually impossible to get a call answered and, although there is a message to say that if a caller leaves a brief message and a phone number they will be contacted, that has not happened. Woeful service!

jenny.xie3

jenny.xie3Sydney, NSW

No problem solving capabilities

I have heard great things about up bank from others who have it. I was in the market to open up with a new bank and my friend suggested up bank. Did some research and yes this sounds like every thing a millennial would want in a bank app. Tried to sign up twice as the second attempt was due to no response from them so I gave it another go. Now I emailed them 2x or so maybe 3. They got back to me today and guess what? Honestly I always thought businesses strive to get new clients and well most people should have some common knowledge to problem solve to get a client with up bank they let you go the email pretty much said bbbbyyyeee can't help you there so see ya later. Very disappointed with this but hey my money is good elsewhere I guess

Rachel E.

Rachel E.

Great bank of the future

They have a lot of features that not many other banks do, and it is very simple and easy to use. Customer service has always been quick through the app, and issues resolved quickly. The only downside is there don't offer a few services that would be very helpful, such as joint accounts, locked savings accounts, credit cards, etc.

Jack91Brisbane

Excellent and Fast Customer Service

Fast and very simple set up.

The customer service was fast and excellent. Any questions that I had were always answered within a business day.

Very impressed and loving this bank/service/set up.

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions and New Account
Penjax

PenjaxMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

New, unique, financially backed with great tech!

Love this, not like any other major banking app. In my mid thirties and find this instant set up, Savings and analytics on my spending fantastic. I get instant transfers with friends and my other account in a chat format which is so convenient. Would recommend to any age group. These guys have banking from Bendigo and Adelaide banks as well and Google tech, it hasn’t been designed by normal financial people. Great new player in the game!

Dereck

DereckPerth, WA

Great new banking App

I have been with Up for one week now and it is looking very promising so far. Am hoping I can soon ditch my “top 4“ bank as it is stuck in the Stone Age. Unlike a recent reviewer who was very unhappy with service in China, I always travel with multiple transaction options.
The chat help line was very good for my queries. Everything is free, how do they plan to make money, I wonder?

Anon

Anon

Great

enjoying the app & banking with you guys loved that the card came into a recyclable envelope My only critique is the stickers are just going to end up in landfill

Jaimee L.

Jaimee L.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible Customer Service and No Features

Awful

Really bad customer service. Been trying to open a bank account for a few days and getting no support to do it at all as I don't have an Australian passport (but still a resident). Goes to 86400 instead, definitely.

TonM

TonMcorowa

Works well for our financial needs!

JessicaM

JessicaMSydney, NSW

Great online banking app

I love this bank because it has the best interest rate for savings, and I can separate my accounts into individual savings goals eg. Christmas, trip to Paris. It's very simple to use and transfer to/from and I've never had any issues. I've also referred some friends to them and we both received the $5 bonus!

James

JamesGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible

Joined a month ago, I though that the app is fantastic. Full of features and easy to use. However after doing grocery shopping after work one day and on going to the register to pay I found that I couldn't use my card. I had funds available and it kept saying declined. It was very embarrasing. I contacted them via the app and all they would say is they referred my enquiry to another department. I could not access my money until 24 HOURS LATER after spending over an hour on the phone. It was amateur hour not to mention having no money for 24 hours. AVOID!!!