URECO Hot Water Questions & Answers

Listing monitored by URECO Hot Water

3 questions from our users

GJJ
GJJasked

Which system is better evo270 or Reclaim? What are the prices fully installed, is there much difference in the price? Tank size - does a larger tank mean it takes longer for sediment build up in the tank as a result of the anode? Are there any tanks that don't require an anode an so don't require a major service to clean out the tank? Apart from more storage is there any other advantages to having the tank separate from the compressor? For e.g. cheaper/easier services?

Hi Gary,
For your boarding house situation, the Reclaim with it's instantaneous style heating means your tenants will never run out of hot water AND you will never need to use an element (the EVO needs this for quick recovery). The Reclaim is quieter, has longer warranties and larger rebates due to its higher efficiency. It's chalk and cheese.
Glass lined tanks are the only option for heat pumps in WA, so anode is required. Seperate units mean if a major component fails you don't have to replace the lot!
I'll give you a call later.

Tim Roberts
Tim Robertsasked

We have a Ureco solar hot water system installed 10 months ago and the booster element has burnt out why is the booster have to be replaced again not happy Tim

Hi Tim,
Yes we spoke about this when you called me on my private number at 8.30am on a Saturday.
It’s 33 degrees outside today. You have beautiful hot water coming out the tap. Your booster doesn’t come on as the thermostat doesn’t require it to come on.
When the weather starts to cool why not try it then, early in the morning. And during a week day. You can then call us on 6222 6676.
Alex and the URECO Team.

Michelle
Michelleasked

Hi
I'm looking at either a evo270 or a Steibel Eltron 302 heat pump and I'm not sure which is a better option. Does anyone have experience with or advice on either of these? Its for a family of 4 people.
Thanks in advance

Alex B.URECO Hot Water

Both will do a great job at saving you money. It really comes to your programming requirements, using a timer / how new your solar power inverter is if you have one. Best to call us on 6222 6676 and ask for me, Alex.

Get an answer from our members and URECO Hot Water representatives