Urine Free

Urine Free Questions & Answers (page 3 of 3)

Listing monitored by Urine Free

46 questions from our users

Sarah-Jane.mclaughlin
Sarah-Jane.mclaughlinasked

How easy is it to clean urine free off a shag rug after application?

Hi Sarah-Jane,

Thank you for your question.

Shag rugs are notorious for being difficult to clean as the fibres are long. The same applies for any product or liquid that made be applied or spilt on the rug.

urineFREE can be removed from a shag rug but it make take a little longer to remove the residue than from a wool carpet. Simply use clean water and sponge out the residue. This will take time and patience but you will be able to remove the residue and urine.

Before applying urineFREE make sure you check for colourfastness of the rug as not all dyes are colourfast. We did have one lady that once had a shag rug that was dyed with harsh chemicals and the rug wasn't washed just dried for purchase. When the rug was wet, the chemicals produce a strong odour. This is not the urine odour. If this is the case for you, chemicals can hinder the effectiveness of urineFREE (as its a bio-enzymatic product) so reapply urineFREE after the sponging & drying to make sure you've removed all the urine.

We hope this has answered your question and we thank you for considering urineFREE. :)

kellieb
kelliebasked

I'm not having any success with this product on hardwood floors. I've used nearly the full bottle and hasn't made any difference at all. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if there's something about the wood floor that it stopping the product from penetrating and doing its job???

Hi Kellieb,

Thank you for your question. Firstly let us ask some questions that can help solve the problem.

How big is the stain? Is it an old urine stain (if so how old) or fresh?
Have you used any other products on the stain before trying urineFREE?
Is the floor sealed or unsealed?
Has the stain turned a grey colour?
What size bottle are you using? If a 500ml depending on the deposit size it may not be sufficient.

Unfortunately removing urine stains from hardwood can be notoriously difficult.

Black staining from long-term exposure to urine is common and not completely reversible. Using urineFREE will see the stain go grey. Repeated applications will cause the stain to become a lighter grey. Once treatment is completed and all urine is removed, if the colour is unacceptable, sand back the floor to its original colour and reseal. Do not sand back to the wood until the stain has been completely treated with urineFREE and the urine has gone. Leaving urine in floors will likely leave them to discolour & disintegrate further.

urineFREE will not penetrate sealed floors. Sealed floors over old urine stains will need to be sanded back, treated and re-sealed.

It’s also important to not have used another product before using urineFREE. Chemicals and detergent is general floor cleaners, whilst they'll remove the water-soluble components of urine will leave behind and encapsulate (like a wax sealer) the uric acid crystals making any product including water to get through. It’s important to remove as many other products from the stain before treating with urineFREE. Use a clean, wet cloth and wipe away previous product residue. This will allow urineFREE to pentrate the uric acid crystals and remove them for good. It is the uric acid crystals that retain the odour and the stain.

We hope this information has helped and thank you for trying urineFREE! :)

Dan L.Urine Free

You may like to watch our "How to remove urine stains in timber floors" video that gives you more of an explanation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsqa8_H_5Yg

Desivet2003asked

Hi just wondering if this product is efective to get rid of urine smell on pavers? My dog has been weeing on paver for a few months and we cant get rid of the smell as she has no other place to do her business.

Vicki

i have sprayed our poured limestone concrete with it and it did do the job. I did wet down the area first with water as per UrineFree's instructions. It should work well for you.

Great thanks!

Dan L.Urine Free

Hello! Thank you for your question and thank you for Vicki for her reply.

Yes urineFREE works on pavers. Keep in mine most pavers are porous and the urine will seep into the pavers. You will need to saturate the pavers to ensure that you have used enough product to get all the urine. As this could be costly if you use urineFREE for each deposit, try using a combination of urineFREE and our odour product BackyardFRESH: http://www.urinefree.com.au/urinefreeorbackyardfresh. Follow the directions similar to Synthetic Grass: http://www.urinefree.com.au/synthetic_grass. However remember to get rid of the urine stains you'll need urineFREE and its the stains that retain the odour - so a combination of both works best and is more cost effective.

Any questions please let us know at sales@urinefree.com.au :)

PaulineZ
PaulineZasked

Hi
Could you please advise the best way to clean a patio puppy potty? I need to get rid of the smell from all components (the artificial turf, the grid tray, and the removal urine pan), but don't want to add any scents (e.g. vinegar or detergent) to dissuade the dog from using it. Spraying it with water is not enough. Will urineFREE remove the odour of urine for we humans, without adding any other scent to stop the dog wanting to use it again? Thank you so much in anticipation of your assistance.
Pauline

Lorna
Lorna

l had one of those Patio Puppy Toilets, and l used to wash the grass in water let it dry properly and wash the tray with water dry it, and spray the bottom of the tray
lightly with Urine Free and replace the grass on top by doing that the pup will still use it and should not smell of Urine.l use this product on concrete and l recommend it
and it takes the urine smell away. Hope this was helpful.

Dan L.Urine Free

Hello Paula, Thank you for your question. urineFREE is not a deterrent. It is a urine stain and odour remover. The good news about patio potties is that you can treat each part separately which makes it easier for urineFREE to get to all the urine. Firstly wipe away as much of the urine as you can we some paper towel. Then apply urineFREE liberally to the tray, urine pan & artificial turf (both underneath, top & in between). Allow dwell time & do not apply in direct sunlight or heat as urineFREE will dry too quickly. Once the smell has gone, rinse with water and do another sniff test to check you have got it all. Sometimes you may need to do a few applications on the artificial turf if the urine is old and dried. Your puppy will return to the potty if this has where he's been trained and rewarded to go. Removing the smell shouldn't deter him if he/she knows that is their designated place to go. We hope the information has help. Thank you again to Lorna for another great testimonial! :)

Lisaasked

Hi there. I was overseas for a year and when I came back to my rental recently, I found out that my housemates dog had a litter of puppies which were kept in the spare bedroom. She had floating floorboards over the carpet which protected it for the most part, but puppy urine had leaked over the front edge (it only covered 1/2 of the room) and she never bothered to clean it up, so it has soaked into the carpet and underlay. Apparently its been around 8-9 months since the puppies were in there, and she said she hired a carpet cleaner from Bunnings but it didn't fix it.

Would UrineFree help with this? I am not able to pull the carpet up, so if I need to soak the carpet with the product and let it air dry, I would be okay with that, but do you think UrineFree would help get rid of this smell if I did that? I'm getting desperate.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Vicki

I reckon it would be well worth trying. They do say on the website that if you had used other agents on it you may find that it puts a film over the urea and it isnt as effective. You may need to spray it a couple of times. Its been several months since I sprayed a light covering on the lawn and I still have a lovely fresh area and believe me - it was putrid. It is also used in aged care homes and that sort of environment. I would say it was your best bet of getting rid of it. It did take a couple of days for the stuff to work so dont get to downhearted if it doesnt seem better straight away. Good luck!

Lisa

Thanks vicki! I ordered some from eBay and it's due to arrive tomorrow. The website recommended trying to extract previously used products out of the carpet/underlay with a carpet cleaner and water, but I have my landlord coming to do an inspection on Friday the 13th and I don't really have time to soak the carpet with water and let it dry before hitting it with UrineFree, so i'm just going to hit it with U/F straight up and fingers crossed it will help lol. I'm not so much worried about the stain as I am about the smell, as soon as you get 1/2 way down the hall you can smell it and it's awful and my landlord will flip out if she can smell it. Fingers crossed the U/F helps get rid of the smell enough for the inspection, then after that's over and done with I can concentrate and take my time working on getting the carpet clean and fresh before the next inspection in 6 months :P

Dan L.Urine Free

Dear Lissa, Our apologies for not getting back to you sooner but a big thank you to Vicki for giving you some great advice! Product Review has recently starting charging for a brand management subscription to allow us to respond to customers and as a small business this was cost prohibitive but they've kindly offered us a small business rate.

We noticed you've been kind enough to leave a glowing review on our site. Thank you so much. We will respond to your review.

Kind regards,

The urineFREE team :)

Rodger
Rodgerasked

Hi,
I have artificial turf can this product be used on it if you can @ what strength and how often does it have to be applied I only have 1 dog. Also where can it be purchased from and an approximate price please Thank you for any assistance

Michelle7299
Michelle7299

Hi Rodger,
I have always bought urinefree through the website www.urinefree.com.au
They can also answer any questions regarding artificial turf There are all different sizes to choose from, the 1 ltr is $36.95 to a 10ltr for $185 it seems expensive but I found it the only thing to work. Hope this helps
Michelle

Dan L.Urine Free

Hi Rodger,Thank you for your question & to Michelle for her kind response.We have a page on our website on how to remove urine from artificial grass (www.urinefree.com.au/synthetic_grass) & have an online shop of single & value products for purchase.We might need to reply in a few sections.The amount of urineFREE you are going to need depends on the amount of urine that has been deposited & the porosity of your synthetic lawn e.g. one dog (depending on size) can urinate between 200-2000ml per day.We cannot recommend an exact quantity as every case is different.The more urine you have the more urineFREE you will need to remove the urine for good.We offer 5 & 10 Ltrs for larger deposits but in some cases more may be required.If your pet is going to revisit this lawn then complete removal is costly but regular maintenance to remove some of the urine using urineFREE will help reduce the long term odours.BackyardFRESH can be used to provide temporary relief in between urineFREE treatments.

Dan L.Urine Free

To remove urine odours & stains permanently you need to use urineFREE. Synthetic grass is usually built on a rock and sand base with small holes in the material to allow for drainage. When the synthetic grass has been urinated on, it is very likely that the urine run-off has seeped through the grass, into the rock and sand and will remain there. Uric acid crystals are difficult to remove. Conventional cleaners and just water will not break down the uric acid crystals and they will remain as will the odour. Only a bio-enzymatic formulation found in urineFREE will remove uric acid crystals for good. urineFREE's bio-enzymatic action is designed to "eat" these crystals along with the urea and urochrome components of urine and eliminate the urine smell for good.

Get an answer from our members and Urine Free representatives