Urine Free

See the Best Carpet Cleaning Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Urine Free

Ineffective product

I purchased this product in hopes that it would relieve the smell of my synthetic turf. When the box arrived, the battery operated dispenser was broken, on this occasion the customer service was good and I received a refund for the dispenser. I followed the instructions and found that for 2 days the product seemed to somewhat work. However, after the two days the urine smell came back equally as strong as what it was prior to applying for the product, even though my dog had not urinated on the synthetic grass again. I then submitted an unpublished review with an understanding that someone would contact me... I’m still waiting for that call. As a result, I have chosen to publish this review.

Dan L.Urine Free

Update: We have still not received a response to our message to this customer on the 24/10

Alex
Alex

Review collected in partnership with Urine Free

It’s crap product

It does not work. It smells as bad as the dog urine and makes my yard smell like a public toilet. Complete waste of money . What more can I say thirty words are not needed for this product

Dan L.Urine Free

Update: We have still not received a response to our message to this customer on the 18/10

Review collected in partnership with Urine Free

Bleached my carpet

If I could upload a photo of my ruined carpet I would! Massive bleached areas! Yes ! Have to replace can’t even hide them! So angry, don’t buy! Expensive product and now ruined carpets!

Dan L.Urine Free

Totally unsatisfactory on old dog urine stains

This product may work really well on fresh stains, but was absolutely useless on several older dog stains. Followed instructions and have reapplied, used up the whole (very expensive) bottle and the stains remain. Would not recommend for old stains

Carpet Cleaning Products

Find out how Urine Free compares to other Carpet Cleaning Products

Unhappy jan9
Unhappy jan9Melbourne

Doesn't work for me.

I also used this to a tee. It simply does not work. The smell has changed. Not so acrid but still easily noticed especially if the doors are kept shut. I was told to read and apply exactly as instructed which I already had. Including removing all underlay and flooding carpet top and bottom with nearly four litres. This is an almost new carpet and underlay. Well now minus the underlay. Since I can't seem to send a reply to the "support" email I got back, can anyone who succeeded with this product suggest something else or thus new carpet goes. I am not use to such a bad smell in my house.

Everything so including the bad smell and stickiness

lisa
lisa
sunny19hot
sunny19hot

Terrible

This product is useless - don't waste your money. Even following the instructions to the tee - odours still remain, and if used on polished floors or tiles, is extremely slippery - dangerously slippery. I had to use a stripper to remove this stuff of the floor - more expense! Luckily I tried the product on a small piece of scrap carpet - stain was almost immediate, and permanent. Ended up poring this down the drain. You'd be better of using good old vinegar, or water.

Could not recommend, and save your money. Company response was extremely poor, blaming me for wrong use, with upsetting comments.
nice shade of purple on bottle

Onic83
Onic83asked

Could this product help with my dog doing number 2s in the same unwanted spot on our footpath?

Hi Onic83,

Thanks for getting in contact with us.

urineFREE is a bacteria and enzyme solution that destroys and "eats" the uric crystals left behind from urine and will clean any other biological matter like feaces or food spills but it is not designed as a deterent or repellant.

Urine is made up of uric crystals and in the middle of the crystals are "pheromones". If a dog or a cat can smell a pheromone, it can encourage them to revisit in the same area. Thats why a solution like urineFREE works so well here. Sometimes though it is behavioural, and in this case, urineFREE will not work to stop them going in that area and a repellant might be more what you are looking for.

Rachel

Frannieasked

I have used urine off for my cats in the past and have always been happy with it. However, I just ordered a new batch (August 2020) and it appears the formula has changed. It is now heavily perfumed (which makes me sneeze) and it stained my carpet, which it has never done before. I will not use this product in the future unless I can use what I believe is the old formula.
Has anyone else had these issues?

Hi Frannie,

Thank you for your question.

We have not changed our formulation for urineFREE, it has always been scented. However, we do usually have a Fragrance Free range. It is not currently available on our website as we are testing a new formulation for this specific range only.

You may have previously ordered the Fragrance Free range, hence why the change in smell?

With regards to the stain on your carpet, in some instances, the acid in the urine and some carpet fibres can form tannin while the urine is drying and this can result in a carpet stain.

Often stains may become larger, darker and the odour stronger when they rise to the surface – this is common. This is the urine in the sublayers rising to the surface for further treatment and removal. These stains can take two to three treatments with urineFREE and you will see the stains become lighter and smaller upon further treatments until they eventually disappear. Read more about cleaning your carpet.

Sometimes the stain is just dirt. Try removing these carpet stains with a mild detergent and water.

You can find out more here: https://www.urinefree.com.au/faq/what-is-the-stain-around-the-area-of-carpet-i-treated

We hope this helps!

Thanks,
Dan

Frannie

I have never noticed a fragrance free label. How do you know if it is this - on old stock still in stores? I cannot use the scented one as it makes me sneeze and the smell will not go away.

Dan L.Urine Free

Hi Frannie, the label for the Fragrance Free range is different. You can see it here: https://www.urinefree.com.au/wp-content/uploads/UFFRGFREE750ML-WEB.png

We can't be sure if there would be any stock left at our retailers unfortunately, but you could call the ones located close to you to find out. You can find the list of these here: https://www.urinefree.com.au/find-a-retailer

Alternatively, keep an eye out for the release of the new Fragrance Free formulation. We will announce it via email and social media.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
Dan

Clare P
Clare Pasked

Our backyard is approximately 60 square metres with artificial turf, and we have one German Shepherd. How much of this product would you recommend we use? Would it be a whole 5l bottle for each use or should that last a few uses? Thanks

Get an answer from our members and Urine Free representatives