Valco Serene

Valco Serene

3.2

Ash

AshSydney

Loved it!' (for the first few weeks!)

Tried out this chair in the baby shop and absolutely fell in love. Got it home and after a few weeks it started squeaking really loud than out of no where felt like it was going to fall apart. Had it replaced and the new one is doing the exact same thing after 3 weeks. Disappointing considering you are supposed to be relaxing with Bub in it.

Geo

GeoSydney, NSW

Sweaks a lot

We bought this glider after trying it out in the shop. It is comfy and was great to begin with....then it started sweaking. It got louder and louder. We took it back and replaced it. It has started to happen again and this time it is louder. We are going to take it back and replace it with another brand. For the cost you wouldn't expect it to do that.
Comfy to sit in
Sweaks loudly!

Julie

JulieBrisbane

Ok but not worth the money

Purchased at baby warehouse on sale for $429. Chair I tried in store was fantastic however when I got my chair home it was anything but. Inaccurate instructions made it difficult to assemble, excess stitching hanging out and a lot less cushioning than the chair I tried in store. There are a lot of other cheaper chairs that will give you the same level of comfort.
Could get it in black.
Overpriced, looks/feels cheaply made.

Gliders

Find out how Valco Serene compares to other Gliders

Kyles85

Kyles85AU

Comfortable but not durable

My husband bought this chair for me when I came home from hospital with my newborn and she is now 10 weeks old and the chair has been great up until a week ago... It started to creak, which I could've put up with but the ball bearings are now destroyed. So now I'm left with a chair that creaks and wobbles when I rock it. In hindsight we should've just bought a chair for durability rather than looks but I would've thought with the amount of money we did spend it should've lasted a lot longer than this.
Comfortable
Expensive considering it doesn't last long without creaks starting

Valco Baby
Valco B.Valco Baby

Hi Kyles85,
I'm sorry to hear you aren't satisfied with your product,
If you could send an image of the damaged area to support@valco.com.au our customer service team can have a look and hopefully get this issue resolved for you.

Little_O

Little_OMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good chair, but not great quality

Bought this chair for feeding with my first child 19 months ago. Very comfortable, easy to clean. It's a little on the large side so for a newborn I needed to add pillows to get comfortable. As baby got older though it worked well with the extra space.

Around the 12 month mark the leatherette started to crack and split, so now the chair looks worse for wear and it needs a cover. Very disappointing considering the cost! Could have bought a cheaper chair with better longevity. Also, it does a develop a squeak which isn't ideal for rocking baby in. Now using it for baby number 2, pity it hasn't kept its appearance.
Easy to clean and comfortable. Looks great when new.
Not great quality for price

Guppie

GuppieWA, 6062

Chair that rocks and swivels, some concern over the quality

Valco Baby
Valco B.Valco Baby

Hi Guppie,
You've chosen a great nursing chair for your wife which also has a 12 month warranty.
Please shoot an email to cust.service@valco.com.au
Our Customer Service team has read this post and is waiting for your email to help you out.

Ishaq khan

Ishaq khanasked

How to assemble this chair?

Nickdasked

I just bought one second hand and the chair is in excellent condition. But its squeaks really bad. How do i fix this?

Renee
Renee

Hi! Depends on where the squeak is coming from I think. But a little grease spray should do the trick. However since mine has never squeaked, I do wonder whether some people are putting them together incorrectly and perhaps not tightening things as much as they should etc. I'd try a little WD40 on a few joints and see if that fixes it, make sure all joints are screwed together properly and see how you go. Hope you can get it not squeaking, because mine has been by far one of my best purchases to date and I have not had a single issue with it :)

Nickd

Yeah all joints are tight and greased. Its coming from the main pivot point. Thanks fr your answer anyway

tez
tez

Hi
I had tried the good old WD40, as we all know, that stuff fixes just about any squeak, but this one! I left my chair with the shop owner who said he woul try to repair it. Got it home, done the exact same thing after minimal use. In the end I i complained once again, had a brand new replacement base dropped of to me. The owner of the shop I bought from had informed me that WD40 is not ideal (I cant quite remember the reason, it had something to do with the type of lubricant it was). He had explained to me that the chairs are made with little ball bearings.
Hope this helps.