Valco Serene

Valco Serene

3.2

ReneeNewcastle, NSW

Perfect! Couldn't have survived without it!

Ishaq khan

Ishaq khanasked

How to assemble this chair?

Nickdasked

I just bought one second hand and the chair is in excellent condition. But its squeaks really bad. How do i fix this?

Renee

Hi! Depends on where the squeak is coming from I think. But a little grease spray should do the trick. However since mine has never squeaked, I do wonder whether some people are putting them together incorrectly and perhaps not tightening things as much as they should etc. I'd try a little WD40 on a few joints and see if that fixes it, make sure all joints are screwed together properly and see how you go. Hope you can get it not squeaking, because mine has been by far one of my best purchases to date and I have not had a single issue with it :)

Nickd

Yeah all joints are tight and greased. Its coming from the main pivot point. Thanks fr your answer anyway

tez
tez

Hi
I had tried the good old WD40, as we all know, that stuff fixes just about any squeak, but this one! I left my chair with the shop owner who said he woul try to repair it. Got it home, done the exact same thing after minimal use. In the end I i complained once again, had a brand new replacement base dropped of to me. The owner of the shop I bought from had informed me that WD40 is not ideal (I cant quite remember the reason, it had something to do with the type of lubricant it was). He had explained to me that the chairs are made with little ball bearings.
Hope this helps.