8Valco Baby Snap Duo

4.3

90% · 807 · 8%

Marian
Marian5 posts

Good

It's good. The twins sit comfortably in it and they used to sleep in it while they were younger too when we went out. Comfortable and safe and has lots of room to put things in. However, considering the fact that it is a double pram ..it is difficult to fit in many places such as small doors and shopping isles.

Rose
RoseNsw21 posts

Perfect for toddler and baby

I spent months researching what pram to get for my newborn and almost 2 year old. I got the valco snap duo tailormade because

-nice big sun hoods

- both seats can lay flat at the same time

- it is lightweight

- easy to fold

And seat has high back so will accommodate tall toddler

Im so happy I got it, I walk 6-8kms every day with it and never had a problem even with the basic wheels. The fabric is lovely and stylish.

My only issue is the folding button sometimes pops back out when trying to fold it so it requires me to press it in while simultaneously pressing the second folding button.

Jasmin W
Jasmin W6 posts

This has been perfect !

For a double ~ this pram is better than I'd expected ! It is surprisingly very easy to maneuver through busy crowds and not to wide to fit through narrow aisles in shops

It easy very easy to basically one handedly lift and open and just as easy to fold again !

I have a Santa Fe which has plenty of boot space, but even with a smaller car this pram would suit

Lovansa
LovansaSydney4 posts

Love It

I was tossing when it comes of buying a double pram for my twins. After comparing and checking out many baby shops, I decided to go with Valco Snap Duo Denim. The reasons of choosing this is because we were expecting twins and this pram is the lightest among other brands. We've had it for 18 months now and it's sturdy, easy to manouvre and fits standard doors.

BUBS 2013
BUBS 2013Melbourne7 posts

Not too good

Not too convenient, as the stroller cannot stand, has no stand for self stand. A little clumsy. And the tyre got a crack after just one use. The canopy also comes apart all the time. Thought it was good, but had to return, not value for money. Had got black colour.

Valco Baby   DM

Thanks for your honest review, we are sorry that this was your experience :)

Ali
AliSydney, NSW8 posts

Sturdy pram

When my wife had our second baby we upgraded from a single pram (love n care) which was terrible quality to double pram valco duo.

I love the denim material. Pram is easy to open and doesn't take much space in our RAV4.

A little bit heavy though and a little wide which makes it hard to take shopping in those tight places (though very easy to manoeuvre).

I'm not a big fan of its closing mechanism: you have to put both seats back up as well as leg rests down before you're able to close it ( fold it ).

All in all not a bad product and cheaper than other brands.

Dem.F
Dem.FSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts

Absolutely love it

We've had ours almost 3 years now. Excellent value for money. Biggest seller was the weight at only 10kg which was a huge part of my decision knowing I'd be lifting it in and out of the car after my c-section. Easy to use, simple to put up and down. All 4 wheels can pop off in seconds to fit it in smaller spaces. Love love love this pram and can't recommend it highly enough

Appliance junkie
Appliance junkieMelbourne, Victoria11 posts

Twin pram

Pros

Pricing 500-570$. For those on budget good choice. Fairly easy to collapse. Light weight.

Can increase padding by using pram liner. Has handle bar in front of both seat

Cons

Not very sturdy

Can take fair bit of space

Takes almost all space of toyota yaris hatch boot space

cant change seats reversed facing the person who is pushing pram. So have to bend over and check babies in between

Rose  L
Rose Lbrisbane4 posts

This is my mini car, does all for me

The best i have ever had,easy to maneuver. it folds and unfolds easily. it's light weigh makes it easy to carry.

great build in. love the recline features which makes it suitable for both my 1 month old baby and my 2.years it's spacious basket makes shopping easier especially for moms who do not drive like me. It value for money.

EGreen1
EGreen1QLD, 45654 posts

Great, easy to use pram

This pram is amazing.

Its so lightweight and has really great steering.

It fits between most checkout isles and door ways.

I use it to carry two children of different ages and therefor, weights. The difference in weight on either side doesn't impact on the steering or manoeuvrability at all.

The pram is easy to fold down and is light to carry.

It even has a carry handle.

The breaking system is great and the fabric is easy to clean and maintain.

The only issue I have had is that the padding on the handle bar has split. I think due to being in the hot car.

My friend also borrowed the pram and was very impressed.

Show reply

RockyV
RockyV20 posts

Light, well shaded and prices well

This is like a bit cheaper version of the Baby Jogger City Mini double in a way. Yes some materials may be a bit cheaper, but that's what you get when saving a bit of money.

Sun shade, compactness, fold, etc all reasonably comparable to the Baby Jogger, Just that the wheels may be not as good (And maybe re sale not as good). What this pram does have as an advantage though is seats go a bit more upright so if you have toddlers that want to feel like they can see more, in this regard it's a bit better than Baby Jogger City Mini double.

JDo
JDoMelbourne14 posts

Mich
MichSydney, NSW7 posts

Great for walking

Very easy to pack away.. sum what awkward folding down.. but very light and easy to steer.. i transitioned from the i candy peach double.. to the valco. Its been much easier as the kids are getting bigger in size 2years and 7month old. Highly recommend it for the mums that walk around the neighborhood or dont often go into high density areas

smalloli
smalloliNSW2 posts

If you need a 2 sitter, this is best value for money

Auto locks on folding, Easy to fold (not exactly one click because of safety, but it's the next best), same with unfolding. a strap for carry - which I keep thinking it might break, but hasn't, and 2 handles, just in case. It's design makes it that you can wheel it while its folded. Light weight for what it is. Goes through most places, for it's size. Buses, trains. Some places are more difficult to nagivate. Huge hood. Clean design, easily cleaned. Wheels are large, so it doesn't take as much effort to steer. Seperately adjustable backs. accessories. The storage basket is reasonably sized - and designed to not touch the wheels when folded. there's pockets. Downside, the foam handle cracked just after warranty expired.

Natalie
Nataliesydney6 posts

Great pram but won't fit through front door

I really liked this pram which was lent to us by a friend. It was comparatively light, easy to steer and both kids liked being in it.

The deal breaker for us though is that it wouldn't fit through our front door. So I would suggest you check this prior to purchase because I thought and still think our door is of a standard size.

My only other comment is that after some reasonable use the foam handle has started to deteriorate. ..but that's something that can be easily fixed.

Samantha
Samantha3 posts

sweetangel
sweetangel7 posts

Never again!!

The metal shaft of the front wheel snapped while I was walking across a busy road and my whole pram nearly toppled over. It was lucky that I was holding onto the handle firmly or my kids could've been severely hurt.

The company refunded the prams price but not the unused accessories I had bought with it. I had only used this pram a dozen times. I loved the Valco zee which I had before this but I will never buy Valco again!

Linda MK
Linda MKWestern sydney30 posts

PZapp
PZappGold Coast14 posts

Great pram, great price

Great pram. Easy to manoeuvre and has good storage space underneath. Quite inexpensive. Light enough and easy to fold and unfold. Not very fashionable and no many colour options though. It seems durable and I don't think I will need another pram at all. Fits most doors. Its hood (one hood covers both seats model) doesn't stay properly open all the time, the slightest bump will make it fold back a bit. The newer model seems to have individual hoods per seat.

Luci Lu
Luci LuSale3 posts

greylies1
greylies1sydney14 posts

Beckie
Beckie

It's Amazing!

It's so easy to maneuver, it's simple to fold and very light to pick up! I've never been more happy with a pram! Valco have always been amazing with the make of their prams and I am so happy I found this one! I would highly recommend this pram to anybody looking for a double pram!

Natasha
NatashaRomsey

They fixed it

They sent me the part to fix the pram and it feels like a very strong part better then what was in it. I feel very safe using it again. They sent me the part straght away very quick. Now i use the pram every day thank from helping me.

pete
peteSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

love our snap duo black beauty!

We love the ease of the snap duo, its so light to push and it turns like a dream.

The extended sun hoods are awesome as we live in qld. We've had it over a year now and are contemplating the sports wheels as our boys are almost 2 and getting heavier.

The fold is my favorite pro with this pram, simple single action fold and unfold

meg
meg3 posts

amyngeoff
amyngeoffRockhampton2 posts

Love this pram

This pram fits through all doorways I've tried, is super easy to fold and light enough that I can lift it up into our high 4wd.

I love the storage underneath and most of all the price is excellent compared to other side by sides on the market.

Only thing I don't like is sometimes there are gaps around the hood connecting to the seats and this lets in sun at times on my kids faces.

LTH
LTHMelbourne11 posts

sammie
sammieQueensland3 posts

Deb
Deb

Absolute mistake

I totally agree with Dan from Sydney. He is spot on with this pram. As well as what he mentioned the front wheels have broken off!! .Not through any abuse, the pram was 6 weeks old and used about 6 times. That was the first wheel, the second one broke last week. The pram is less than 12 months old. The company we purchased it from have been less than helpful. I would never buy another Valco product and will not recommend this pram at all.

Nadine
Nadine2 posts

Great value. No regrets

We bought this pram 19 months ago for our twins. Part of our decision was based on the good reviews we read about it and the after-sales-service. Definitely agree. This pram is light and easy to put up and down. We still use it on a daily basis and have even done a bit of running with it (on bitumen). The only flaw with it is the hood sometimes flies back. Around a month ago the brake got stuck in the lock position. Even though it was out of warranty, when we contacted Valco, they quickly posted a replacement part to us free of charge.

Anna
AnnaFremantle, WA5 posts

Tamika
TamikaUpper Coomera5 posts

Fantastic

We've had the pram about 6 months now, Great pram! Super light, easy fold, huge basket, great hoods. Easy recline. Only thing I would change on it is an adjustable height handle and adjustable footrest! Other then that, can't fault it! I love the height of the seats, comfortable for my 4yr old, and the hood is high enough for her too when other prams have been too short they obstruct her view.

Dan
Dansydney10 posts

Lisa
Lisa

Average

Sun hoods are small. The wheels are average. I wish I bought the city mini based on sun coverage and wheel quality. Otherwise it's ok.

twinmumma2012Hunter Region, NSW3 posts

Twin mum annoyed!

Pram 4 months old handle where foam is has come apart and not covered under warranty, good doesn't stay up and your forever having to open it up again! Do not recommend at all!

Hood^^

noonar
noonarAU4 posts

Tobasauras
TobasaurasAU6 posts

selina
selinabega nsw4 posts

Life Saver!!

Had 2 babies in one year and in in that year I had a strider plus with second seat. It was excellent for when my babies were little but now they are both a year old and both in the 99th percentiles I needed a lighter stroller. I love this stroller. I've used it for several weeks now and I love the freedom it has given back to my life. Getting out and about has become hassle free. It's easy to operate and the children are at equal levels. I can use one hand to steer this double stroller even tough my children are different weights. It is really well balanced. So much easier on my back and the kids love being in it. Negatives? None so far!
Easy to operate - one action getting it up and down - can steer one handed.
missSydney