Valco Snap

Valco Snap (page 2 of 3)

DanSydney

Snap 3 Handle Foam Split Again.

Have been fairly happy with this product for 7 months until the foam handle split. This is a very common problem with the whole Valco range & after enquiring about a repair or replacement, was told the handle is not covered by warranty & also not replaceable either.
How is the most used part of a pram not covered? This is unacceptable & will be taking it up with Fair Trading.

Shweta

ShwetaSydney

wheels get jammed as the break fails...good when it works

I really like this pram when it works well but we have had 2 brake damage. Latest one was few weeks ago when we got stranded in a theme par in Goldcoast with a broken pram and a very tired child. Is this a manufacturing defect? We don't even use it so much so not sure why it keeps breaking. Have to say when it is fine it works really well...light and easy to maneuverer . But becomes useless with the break issue

Renno

RennoAU

Great pram initially until wheels jam

I loved this pram initially after looking for an easier pram to assemble than my bugaboo. Initially the wheels/steering were great. Now it's like pushing a wayward shopping trolley where the wheels get stuck and you can't push the pram forward. Not an issue ... Until you need to push forward off an escalator or off a train and your pram doesn't mve. Not sure what the issue is but it is dangerous. The issue started when the pram was about 18 mths old. Not great...

Lauren

LaurenSydney

Best pram I've owned

Sleeping Satellite

Sleeping Satellite

Light weight, brakes are fine!

I've had this stroller for nearly two and a half years. Had no problems at all! It is light weight, easy to fold up and throw into the boot of your car; easy to steer. It includes a carry strap which you can use to carry it around if you wanted to. The brakes are fine! Quality is very good. Very happy with it :) would highly recommend it!

Great pram. No issues at all.

I found this pram very easy to use and easy to fold and carry. I've been using it for over 2 years and have not had one issue. My baby seemed very happy and now my toddler is still just as happy in this pram. If you're short on space when it's folded you can take the front wheel off for a little extra space to move it around.

RRR

RRR

Design Flaw

The pram has a design flaw where the wheel lock system is designed to break down just after 12 months (i.e. outside of warranty) forcing you to replace parts at inflated prices or you throw away the whole thing as it is unusable. This occurs because every time you lock the wheels and unlock them friction occurs between the wheel and the internal string that pulls the locking pin. Eventually the internal string snaps with time and you are left with a locked pram that you cannot unlock. This has happened twice to us as we bought the Snap and the Snap Duo when we had our second child. Same thing occurred at around the 14-15 month of use.

Major disappointment

The Idea of this pram is amazing. Its light easy to wash, quick to dry. I've used it to Jog. I thought it was the best pram I've had or seen... Unfortunately after 6mnts one of the bolts at the back kept popping out. which is the bottom part of the harness keeping the child strapped in. then the other broke free so I tied them together to secure my baby. Then we had the breaks fail mid walk! I had my 4year old on her bike, the baby in pram and our puppy. I was just stuck!!! ended up having to push it on 2 wheels it was a nightmare. now I have no pram and its less than 2 yrs old. Not happy!

Hi Mani
We are sorry to hear that you haven't enjoyed your experience with the Snap. Please give us a call on 1300-0-VALCO so we can help you out with a new brake and get you back to enjoying your pram!!

valco snap 3

I paid deposit for this pram to receive it next Friday as it was out of stock I really like it because it"s easy to fold, light weight and big seat but now after what I heard about the break problem I'm thinking to take my deposit back and buy a different brand as it's very annoying to stuck with your baby and bags anywhere because you can't move the pram.

Sof
Sof

I did not get my deposit back and I'm already using valco snap 3 pram for more than one year now, honestly it's a very good pram.

Ian T

Ian TKewdale

Lightweight, good (not great) value Pram

Bill

BillRio de Janeiro

Brake Failed Within First Year

k-mac

k-macPerth, WA

Best value, great service sees brake issue fixed within an hour

Valco Snap 3 Stroller

Jess J

Jess JBrisbane, Queensland

Excellent pram, especially when travelling

We chose this pram to take our 15 month old on a world trip after much research. It is very light weight and compact. It can be laid right back so baby can sleep and has a good sized canopy. It is not too wide, so easily fits in tighter aisles and can fit on trains and buses. When folded, it takes up very little room considering all of its features. The only improvements would be if the footrest could lock in an up position and if the canopy were larger to completely block the sun (though a jacket or wrap slung over the front does the trick). It is very easy to manoeuvre. We now use this as our everyday pram and even take it when we go for a walk/run. Highly recommend!

Mk35

Mk35Sydney, NSW

Brake fails - avoid

We were quite happy with this pram until the brake failed a few months after the warranty expired. One wheel became impossible to unlock. Seems to be a design flaw in the snap models. If you do buy make sure you keep the receipt past the one year warranty expiry because replacement of the brake part and more is covered under Australian Consumer Law. But better just to buy another brand and avoid the hassle.

Good affordable option

Really happy with or being light weight. However the storage basket is impossible to store stuff in and the footrest does not lock upwards so that a new born can easily slip out if at an incline

Heather

Heather

Light and easy

This has been a great pram, I bought it because it is so lightweight and have absolutely loved it. It is also very sturdy. The one thing I don't like is that the straps separate when they are unclipped, although that is good as a safety feature (like if I had to pull the baby out very quickly). Had a problem with the foot brake and contacted Valco, they called me back literally within five minutes to say they were sending a replacement part. Gotta love good customer service!

Lightweight and easy one hand fold

Loved this pram until the brakes started to fail

Valco B.Valco Baby

Hi Danielle, Our apologies for this! If you contact our Customer Service team on 1300-0-VALCO or at cust.service@valco.com.au we can have this issue resolved for you and a replacement organised as soon as possible. Again, we're very sorry this!

mosquito430

mosquito430Perth

Easy to fold/unfold, light weight, easy to steer