Perfect!

Very easy to use and especially for traveling
very comfortable for newborns because it can be used as a cot really grat product
I really recommend this product...perfect!

Purchased at Baby & Toddler Town for $599.00.

Safety
Suitable for RunningNo
Functionality
Manoeuvrability
Ease of Packing & Storage

Not the worst, but not the best..

The bassinet part looked great and cosy until my bub arrived and put him in the bassinet. the foot end of the bassinet slants up which pushes the baby's head right to the top of it, I had to put something under the top (head area) of the foam base to stop my baby from hitting his head.
The hood is great, pulls all the way down
Basket is quite small compared to other prams, and awkward to put bulkier items inside and pull out due to the bars and wires that go across it.
An annoying feature for me is if you want the baby to lean back a bit (seat mode) there is 2 buckles behind the seat you have to clip and unclip which can be difficult at times.
The foot part of the seat is awkward at times, the foot adjuster button is dodgy and doesn't click into place, the zip also in the foot area is very stiff and awkward to zip or unzip
Baby always ends up to one side of the pram (seat mode)
Front wheel seems to lift off the ground and spin around
But it is very lightweight , easy to put up and down and manouvere around That's 1 thing I love about the of pram. Definitely better options out there I believe for the price.

Back tyre always gets punctured :(

Was happy with the pram until we noticed how easily the tyres get punctured. Have patch it a few times already and it just keeps happening again. Altho, the other tyre is extremely fine, NEVER HAD AN ISSUE. Paid so much for it :/ really frustrating and annoying. Hope they give out free replacement as the pram hasnt even been a year old.

So-so

The reasons we bought this pram were the small turning circle / ease of turning, the included bassinet attachment, sturdy looking wheels. It is really great on perfectly flat surfaces like in a mall. The storage spaces are excellent. Unfortunately, any sort of uneveness (even just walking around the block) and the front wheels have a tendency to lose traction and spin around, which is very irritating. Additionally, the back tyres puncture extremely easily. Almost every time we go out we end up with a punctured tyre just from little thorns or anything that might be on the road. Not hard wearing at all. Baby also often ends up sloped to one side.

Its just a slow ride downhill for us

This pram started out great and met all our expectations. We didn’t end up using it much for our newborn but once he was sitting up we used it frequently. In terms of steering it’s great.
The top handle though the rubber is coming off which isn’t ideal.
The other issue we find is that the seat has clip buttons and they always come undone. Either at the feet area or at the back of the hood. Everytime without fail. Its rather disappointing that the seat doesn’t seem to fit the frame.
It’s only 2 years old but for the money we paid I expected to get more out of it.
I tried communicating our first issue with the handle to Valco but they weren’t really interested in assisting.

Hi Michelle, thanks for the feedback and sorry that this was your experience. If I am able to help in any way please let me know.Thank you. But I’m not sure it can be fixed. If I put my toddler in the pram the seat either unclips from the frame at the top or the bottom. If I adjust the position of the foot rest, the seat comes off the frame. I take the time to fix it and clip everything right, but as soon as he’s in there it comes off. (He’s -16kg , the specs say 20kg)I did contact valco regarding this issue and the liner was faulty and a new one was sent which eliminated the problem of it constantly unclipping. It was nice to get someone helpful at valco to resolve this issue.

Whether you're a brother or whether you're a mother

At the time of buying, six months before the baby, I thought the price for this pusher was expensive but now two and a half years later I can see it was worth it. We're still using it. It was okay as a pram but we didn't use it _that_ much but the longevity kicked in once we got up to pusher stage -- when the basket could be turned around and tilted down. The basket thing underneath is great for carrying groceries and the air-filled tyres on the back make longer walks much more doable. (although the valve stems were a bit difficult to get at when the tyres needed reinflating.)

I can compare the Spark to a $40 cheapy pusher I also ended up getting. I like that one because I can just throw it in the back of the car. The Spark is much bigger and has to be separated into 2 parts. But the Spark is much better for longer walks. I got the dark beige brown coloured one - it has faded a bit in the sun -- that's understandable.

Hi tech baby mover

Great high quality transforming stroller, can be used as a bassinet or pusher, lots of cool accessories available.I have the cup holder as well as all the other storage compartments you will never run out of space. Great in all weather. Conditions great sturdy workmanship and materials. If you want a sweet ride for your little ones and also a comfortable stroller for toddlers you can't go wrong here. Price wise is a little expensive but it's what your getting in quality that makes up for the price..

Amazing and it does everything

I love this pram it is perfect for a newborn as it also turns into a bassinet that detaches if the baby is still asleep and I love how you can buy the extension to also turn it in to a car seat. I love the sun protector as it has 2 zipper extentions to make it longer for better protection from the weather and how it's water resistant. The only thing wrong with it is if you have a small car it's very bulky and the storage compartment underneath is useless cause you can't fit anything underneath cause the break system is under there as well

Perfect for newborn

This is a perfect pram for all age very comfortable for kids but only problem is if you go in small car it’s difficult to keep inside the car. Or else this is perfect for all weather. Baby can sleep nicely inside the pram. I really recommend this pram. I am using this pram from last one year it’s just a nice pram for my baby

Very dangerous product - do not purchase under any circumstances

We purchased a Valco Spark as we wanted a compact stroller to fit into our small car. As an engineer the first thing I noticed when assembling the stroller was the poor fit and “sloppiness” at the folding points for the handle. Due to the lack of quality control and poor design it is possible for the handles to fold unexpectedly even when locked. If your baby is in the pram it will collapse onto the baby jambing him or her. We had this occur to us when disembarking from a train. If you are reading this take note of other reviews for the Valco Spark on Product Review as other people have experienced the pram collapsing as well. It is a very poorly designed and engineered product that should not be allowed on sale. I have lost trust in Valco Baby and will never purchase any of their products ever again - the safety of my children is too important.

Hi Michael, thanks for you review. It is rare for us to have any issues with this pram, if you believe there is a problem please contact our customer service team. They will be able to assist you with any necessary repairs or solutions. Our phone number is 03 9581 8000

My child loved this pram so did I

I bought this second hand and I must say that it was like brand new so convenient for my child so when he wanted to sleep it was just like a bassinet and I can continue to do the shopping etc while he is fast asleep. My son was a very tall baby but he had plenty of room to move around. I loved this brand so much I bought the matching bouncer aswel !

Just perfect for my baby..

This is the best pram for all age. Best for infant.. Baby sleeps nicely in the bassinet. Space is quiet comfortable for babies. I really recommend this pram. My baby is 10 month now. It really works like joggers pram now. It covers well from sun too. I'm in love with this one.

Love this pram!

This is the best pram I have had. It is so easy to put up and down. Can use it in bassinet mode when babies are little and then turn it into a stroller like pram. The bassinet detaches so you can use it anywhere also. Easy to store in your car. Would definitely reccomend.

Very easy to pack away

Easy to manoeuvre around objects and through doorways. Good overall set up especially for older children. For children who are still lying down it seems to have a downward slant at the baby's head. I love how easy it is to fold up and pack away. Use every time I go to the shop.

Excellent pram

We bought the Valco Spark from Baby Bunting after shopping around for 2-3 months - We identified this pram early on but kept circling back to it, so felt it was the right one for us - We have found the Valco Spark to be a really easy pram to use, folds down well and feels solid while pushing it around - Excellent value for money.

Simple

Purchased this last year for my 3rd child. I found its ease to come apart very simple. Can be wheeled folded. Locks closed while folded which other brands have not. Great room for baby. Comfortable and comes as a bassinet attachment for smaller baby. I found this the best stroller/pram for very small baby to toddler without having to purchase a different pram. Lightweight and simple. Good value for money.

My amazing experience

My most amazing experience with my first pram! It was absolutely amazing, so easy to unfold and attach the seat to it aswell! So easy to fold back down aswell to put back into my car! Pushing it was a breeze and the storage underneath was superb, over all my experience with my valco baby pram was amazing I've recommended it to all my mumma friends

Perfect for a short time

This pram was amazing up until afew months ago ! As a first time mum being paranoid about everything i thought this pram was awesome, straight from newborn was everything i was looking for. I thought i had damaged the front left wheel and thats why it was swiveling but i guess its a fault. The pram collapsed when i went up a step and lifted the handle bar. I had a heart attack as i had to catch my baby, and it did it again when my husband tried to go down a step. I caught my babys face before he faceplanted into the footpath. Very scary for both of us. Thats the only thing that is horribly wrong with the pram. We are now looking for another pram.

Don't buy!

This probably makes a good stoller, however if you wish to use the bassinet format for a new born then buyer beware! Our pram initially had dickie wheels and was difficult to steer, also the hood came off on one side every time we raised it. However our main issue was the angle of the bassinet, it slanted forwards resulting in our baby sliding forward and ending up wedged against the end of the bassinet with his head at a terrible angle.
We returned the stroller and to their credit valco replaced all the wheels and fixed the hood, however they said the bassinet was 100% ok. We disagreed and, luckily, baby bunting allowed us to exchange the pram for store credit and we purchased a much superior steelcraft pram. Bottom line DO NOT buy this pram for your new born, the design is terribly flawed and the company refuses to acknowledge it. In the world of prams you get what you pay for so spend a little extra and avoid the hassle.

Not the greatest pram I've owned

Very light pram, great seat/bassinet set up, easy to fold once you know how.
After 3 month 13 days of use (only out of the boot twice a week) the frame cracked and fell apart, the tyre kept popping off the rim. Called valco they took 4 weeks to conclude their investigations and sent me out a new frame, started to have similar problems with new frame. I called valco back and they were going to send another frame I told them I didn't wish for a new frame as I went and purchased a new pram for my baby but j thought they should know the issues

Hi can anyone tell me where to buy replacement wheel for this?

I purchased your Valco Snap Ultra Pram,we noticed our baby being pushed to 1side we thought it was baby's positioning. When we change to sitting position on the pram (from lying), we noticed a structural defect of the pram. 1 side of the frame was not screwed which is very unsafe for our wiggly 7mo baby now. We brought it back to Babyland Perth (5wks ago) but we were told to bring it to a pram repair shop which was closed because the person in charge was on holiday, it was very far (2hrs drive) we were not able to comeback. We were not even being offered with replacement even if the defect is very obvious and very dangerous, it wasnt even our fault that we got an expensive defective pram. We spent money on an expensive pram,we are very disappointed because the danger has been put aside before our baby.I'm not playing around, I can send you photos of the defect of you pram. Jehan Gaviola
Hi Jehan, thanks for getting in touch with us and sorry that this has been your experience. If you would like to give our customer service team a call, they will try their very best to assist you with this matter in any way that they can. Our phone number is 03 9581 8000, please give us a call.Im so sorry to hear especially when it comes to safety, but I haven't had that problem at all and I'm going on 2 years now and I use it daily

My son is 5 months old so I was wondering if I buy the Valco spark is he going to be to big to use it in the bassinet mode? He is 9.4 kgs and long for his age also. Any feed back would be great?
Hi. My son is also 5 months old but smaller and I feel like he is getting too big for bassinet mode. I think it depends on how active your baby is. My boy is trying to sit up in it. If your baby Is happy to lay there I think it would be fine. You can tilt it so that it's not flat when in bassinet mode too. Hopw that helps.Hi Beca, Our daughter is 5 months of age and 7kgs - the bassinet is not that big and our little one is very active and rolls and moves a lot, so we don't put her in it in that mode. The pram is easy to use and folds down easily, but does take up a fair amount of space, we have a small SUV and it occupies the entire rear floor space.Hi Beca, thanks for your question. As a rough guide, we would say you will get up to 6mth in the bassinet. If he is already 5 months old and long for his age, you may not be able to use the bassinet feature for very long. Having said that, the seat does have a full recline and would be suitable for him after this time :)

Seating Type Single
Suitable Age0+ months
Max User Weight 20 kg
Seat OrientationConvertible
Bassinet Compatible Yes (Included)
FeaturesHeight-Adjustable Handle