Valco Spark

Valco Spark (page 2 of 3)

Mark O

Mark OPerth

Don't buy!

Cobie

Cobie

Not the greatest pram I've owned

Very light pram, great seat/bassinet set up, easy to fold once you know how.
After 3 month 13 days of use (only out of the boot twice a week) the frame cracked and fell apart, the tyre kept popping off the rim. Called valco they took 4 weeks to conclude their investigations and sent me out a new frame, started to have similar problems with new frame. I called valco back and they were going to send another frame I told them I didn't wish for a new frame as I went and purchased a new pram for my baby but j thought they should know the issues

Tara

TaraSouth East Queensland, QLD

There are both pros and cons.

Broke twice in 4 months!

The "folding mechanism lock" broke after 8 weeks of using this pram. It was sent away to Valco for repairs. 2 months after it was repaired, the lock broke again! The store gave us a credit and we bought a Britax strider compact which has been really good so far. The Valco had lots of great features like reversible seat and bassinet conversion but it's no good if it breaks! Just poor design and quality. The basket is useless too as the cables stop you getting anything in there.

Carly

CarlyMelbourne

This is the best pram!

So compact! Very easy to fold and unfold. The quality of the pram seems great and love the look of it, so handy that you can change from a bassinet to a toddler seat in no time. It's also reversible which is great! Couldn't ask for a better pram, 5 stars for Valco baby spark

kara

kara

I loved this pram

Great pram, great colours, easy to use and very sturdy. Love the 4 wheels and pump up the back ones if they run flat. When set up in bassinet style it's fantastic for newborns! Face you or face away it is a really versatile pram that isn't too big. Only minor bad quality was how bulky it is when it is folded, which can be sorted by stowing in boot in two separate parts or fine in bigger SUV or wagon boots. I really loved this pram

This pram is amazing!!

I don't know what pram you ladies have but it most definitely is not the spark lol! It is the most beautiful pram to push and my daughter sits up fine in it as she loves to be very forward as well, it moves lovely and yes the basket space ain't very big but I have figured out a great way to have nappy bag on pram and not on the handle bars it has a great hood to protect baby from weather and it fits in the boot of my Mazda 3 sedan great and still room and also there is no weight to the base of the pram when putting it in and out of the boot.

gracepakenham, victoria

hate it!!!

The pram is way to bulky...takes up all of the boot space so cant use the boot for anything else when pram is in there...front right wheel swivels like crazy when pushing prams...one of the back wheels doesn't click in properly...so it wobbles when using pram and easily pulls off...got the whole wheel and pin replaced and a few months later its happened again. So going to try get my money back i hateee this pram. So not safe

grace

And now the brake is not working properly...it only locks one back wheel into place and the other still moves. This pram just gets worse and worse each and every day!!! I regret ever buying it!!

Not a good pram

Pram is bulky , heavy and not practical at all. Heavy to get in and out of car way to large to fold in 1 piece. Takes up a lot of room in boot. Not nice to push on uneven surfaces hopeless for any type of exercise. No balance when going up and down gutters had pram tip several times as you have to hang bag on handle as basket can not be used due to a bar under pram and another child leant on handle. Seat doesn't sit upright so toddler constantly leaning forward pulling at straps and belly bar. Hate this pram and company's customer service very poor on both counts

very happy with my spark

I have my valco spark now for more than a year. It looks great and it is in my budget. I really love the way how you can put the seat back when my little one is having a nap. and the fact that you don t need to buy a bassinet when the baby is young is even more better,all in one . I think this is the best pram among the valco strollers.

Absolute waste of money

Jag

JagMelbourne

So far So good.

We have been using this pram since 1 month and so far no issues. Baby fits well into the basinet and he sleeps more comfortably in the basinet than on the cot. We have chosen this because of the flexibility of converting this into a basinet, forward facing, rear facing etc. Giving 4 stars as we have used only for a month.

Today (5-Dec-2018), after using it for 3 years, it still runs as it was, when it was good. So gave 5 Stars, and now we are using it as stroller. Of-course it is a bit heavier than a normal stroller.

kristina

kristinaBrisbane, Queensland

worst experience

Hayley R

Hayley RAdelaide, South Australia

I love our Valco Spark!

E HowardGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So far so good

This pram has done the job . It has everything you need
The pros as
Bassinet ,longer hood ,3 sitting settings . Easy to put up light easy to push .
Cons ,
No rain cover
Basket is on the smaller side
Can be folded in one yet doesn't fit in boot unless it's in two . This makes it a pain as I have a big car yet this pram takes up my boot .
In saying all this I love it and has done us well so far

Valiant B.Valco Baby

Hi E Howard, bassinets generally last until the child is moving independently so around 6 months. After this time we recommend that you use the seat :)

E Howard

this was the seat not the bassinet that he didn't fit .

Klara

KlaraSydney, NSW

Great for a limited time

This pram was fab at the start as a bassinet, it looked amazing & served us well, as my son grew, he started to outgrow the pram even as a small baby, the pram became too confided in space, at 9 months my son absolutely hates the pram especially in a upward position, looks ridiculous now when seating is reclined & doesn't feel safe. Rather get the Valco Rebel Q my cousin has this, huge difference between the two!
Bassinet mode
Seating positions

Love it

Love this pram it has served us well we used it as a bassinet for my daughter until she moved into a cot. Was great cause she was at my level next to the bed. Only reason I'm upgrading is she is now getting too big and bought a vee bee lio stroller which I'm happy with also so far. Great colour great design being able to face me or look out at the world. And all for under $400.
bassinet, faces both ways. expandable hood. 3 sitting positions
quite large takes up half the boot, bottom basket is small

RobBrisbane

Safety concern

Ali
Ali

I too loved the pram but have had a lot of problems with rear wheels not looking in properly and brake not working. Also the front left wheel 'swivels like crazy' as Rob from Brisbane reported theirs does.

Joe

Joe

OK until the warranty expires, design not the best for long term durability

Havanas mummy

Havanas mummyRiddells creek

Love our pram!!! Wouldn't upgrade for anything

RAJ

RAJasked

Hi can anyone tell me where to buy replacement wheel for this?

J.S.Gaviola

J.S.Gaviolaasked

I purchased your Valco Snap Ultra Pram,we noticed our baby being pushed to 1side we thought it was baby's positioning. When we change to sitting position on the pram (from lying), we noticed a structural defect of the pram. 1 side of the frame was not screwed which is very unsafe for our wiggly 7mo baby now. We brought it back to Babyland Perth (5wks ago) but we were told to bring it to a pram repair shop which was closed because the person in charge was on holiday, it was very far (2hrs drive) we were not able to comeback. We were not even being offered with replacement even if the defect is very obvious and very dangerous, it wasnt even our fault that we got an expensive defective pram. We spent money on an expensive pram,we are very disappointed because the danger has been put aside before our baby.I'm not playing around, I can send you photos of the defect of you pram. Jehan Gaviola

Valiant B.Valco Baby

Hi Jehan, thanks for getting in touch with us and sorry that this has been your experience. If you would like to give our customer service team a call, they will try their very best to assist you with this matter in any way that they can. Our phone number is 03 9581 8000, please give us a call.

Casey
Casey

Im so sorry to hear especially when it comes to safety, but I haven't had that problem at all and I'm going on 2 years now and I use it daily

Beca

Becaasked

My son is 5 months old so I was wondering if I buy the Valco spark is he going to be to big to use it in the bassinet mode? He is 9.4 kgs and long for his age also. Any feed back would be great?

Kim
Kim

Hi. My son is also 5 months old but smaller and I feel like he is getting too big for bassinet mode. I think it depends on how active your baby is. My boy is trying to sit up in it. If your baby Is happy to lay there I think it would be fine. You can tilt it so that it's not flat when in bassinet mode too. Hopw that helps.

got_burnt
got_burnt

Hi Beca,

Our daughter is 5 months of age and 7kgs - the bassinet is not that big and our little one is very active and rolls and moves a lot, so we don't put her in it in that mode. The pram is easy to use and folds down easily, but does take up a fair amount of space, we have a small SUV and it occupies the entire rear floor space.

Valiant B.Valco Baby

Hi Beca, thanks for your question. As a rough guide, we would say you will get up to 6mth in the bassinet. If he is already 5 months old and long for his age, you may not be able to use the bassinet feature for very long. Having said that, the seat does have a full recline and would be suitable for him after this time :)

Get an answer from our members and Valco Baby representatives

Category4-Wheel Prams & Strollers
Seating Type Single
Suitable Age0+ months
Max User Weight 20 kg
Seat OrientationReversible
Bassinet Compatible Yes (Included)
FeaturesArm Bar, Height-Adjustable Handle, Suspension and Under-seat Storage