4.1

80% · 7212 · 13%
Brand Manager for Vaseline? Claim your listing.

silent_d
silent_dVictoria, 317839 posts

Vaseline is one of those things that you can keep a jar of in the bathroom and have it last ages, with many uses for so many things. You only need a tiny bit, so it goes far. Besides lips, I actually found Vaseline to be a really great help in removing a piercing I had, where the bar was really hard to get under the skin (surface piercing). This was probably one of the best uses I've found for it, because while it's not something you do everyday, it was just such a relief to find a method that worked.
Very useful for so many things. Good for lips, especially when they are cracked and dry.
Obviously pretty greasy, and doesn't sink in too well.
rewarding_07
rewarding_07South East Queensland, QLD129 posts

Good

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly is a useful product for preventing wind burn and cracked lips although it is not particularly pleasant to have on your lips in my opinion. It is also handy for preventing friction soreness when doing very long runs if you apply a little to you inner thighs.
Inexpensive and has many practical uses. It can be used for other things besides skin care such as lubricating door hinges or other metal parts that require it.
There has been a long running debate about the carcenogenic nature of petrochemicals with the most zealous opponents claiming that every petrochemical substance is carcenogenic to some degree.
jandowd
jandowdqld, 416069 posts

Good

We as a family having been using vaseline for around 25 years, great product especially for children to prevent nappy rash. Great for dry lips as it shields them and keeps the moisture in them. Even used this product for when my ears were peirced to help turn the earrings. Has been used on car batteries as well
What can you say about vaseline its so versatile, very reasonable priced and avialble in loads of shops.
the mess that it makes on your hands and the fact that its waterproof makes it quite hard to get of your skin especially if your not around soap.
beezee
beezeeSouth East Queensland, QLD62 posts

Great product with heaps of uses. I usually use it for eyelash tinting and occasionally as a lip balm. Every house should have some.
Extremely versatile, cheap to buy, readily available and works well.
Nothing in particular although I prefer not to use it on babies because of the ingredients.
ritsi16
ritsi168 posts

tastaster
tastaster38 posts

This is a great product that has been around for ages. I remember my grandma using vaseline! It is by far the best product for dry lips around. Even lip balm specially made for dry lips does not come close to vaseline. It is very effective on dry or cracked skin. It can not only be used on lips, but hands, feet or places where you may have had a scab or sore. It can feel a little oily and you will need to wash your hands after use but that is what the product is made from so you can't complain.
Very affordable and can be used for so many things
There is nothing I can think of.
heytherek
heytherek369 posts

Good

This product has a vast range of uses from a lip conditioner to baby rash cream to helping to moisturise dry hands. I grew up with this product in the home and I believe everyone should have some in the bathroom cabinet. I use this a lot if I get cracked lips but there are plenty of other uses that it is good for and it really does help to keep things moist.
Versatile product with a variety of uses, easy to find and not that pricey. Lasts for quite some time.
Can feel a little greasy after use, other than that nothing.
lil_lazza
lil_lazza374 posts

OK

great product and 1000s of uses. its the tub i hate and the fact that melted vaseline can melt out of it
great product and has so many great uses. while breastfeeding is very handy for cracked and sore nipples. very expensive and you can buy it anywhere
its the container i hate, dont leave vaseline in a car, leaks out of the tub when it melts. Has destroyed my car seat.

Needs to have screw lid

holdenchick
holdenchickqld, 4211160 posts

Overall, I think this product is great and that every person should have a tub in their house as it has so many different purposes. We use the jelly mainly for cracked lips as it instantly products you from anymmore damage whilst you are healing. It is also great to put a tiny bit around the sides of your lips before you go to the dentist as is helps you from getting cracked or dry parts where you are stretching your mouth open.
This is a great well known and established product used by everyone in my family. It has so many uses and it is very affordable to have one always laying around the house
There is nothing that i dislike about this product
Pinky101
Pinky10188 posts

Good

It makes a great lip balm and a cheap one at that. You can use it as a barrier cream when dying your hair. Just smear it around your hairline and it will stop your skin absorbing the colour preventing that I've just had my hair dyed look. It's a good size to take anywhere too, so you can use it anywhere.
It is a great all round product. It is well priced and easy to use.
I left it in my car and it melted and went everywhere leavin a big mess. So when it melts, it's messy.
DaivaJ
DaivaJ4 posts

Good

It is cheap, easy to put on, suitable for nearly all parts of the body, and is free from the pigment or scent that rival products can have which can produce an allergic skin reaction. It is a beauty aid because it prevents loss of moisture from the skin to which it is applied.
Very affordable lubricant suitable for sensitive skin.
Unavoidably, by its very nature, it can smear on surfaces or things will stick to it (for example, grains of sand at the beach).
tweettee
tweettee117 posts

Good

There are so many uses for this product and we always have a tub in the house. I especially like it as a lip balm as its good on cracked lips and doesn't dry your lips out more like some lip balms can. It doesn't really have a smell and has a nice thick texture so it doesn't slide around. You need to be careful not to get it on clothes as it will leave an oily mark.
There are probably a million and one uses for Vaseline! The products has been around forever and is a cheap alternative to expensive lip balms.
Its greasy but then it is Vaseline!
DOLLYBABY
DOLLYBABY876, Jamaica3 posts

everyone should get a bottle of Vaseline around their home especially if they plan on getting a tattoo and besides that it help to heal burns,rashes and bruises.
Vaseline is very good to use on a newly done tattoo,it helps to seal in moisture and heal the tattoo very fast.
it can be very greasy and mess up the back/front of your shirt/blouse if you applied in you lower/upper back area and belly,but it's not a big problem.
Mythic
Mythic223 posts

Everyone should have a tub of this in their bathroom cabinet. It's good over a lipstick to keep moisture in your lips and prevent that cracked look, and it is still the same basic product used when I was a kid. Can be used for anything and everything, I find it good for the soles of my feet when my heels are cracked.
A must have for every bathroom, good on cracked skin, really good as lipgloss as well, also soothes irritation and can mean a bandaid it is placed under won't rip off and hurt the skin
Can be greasy, but not a big issue
ollieoh
ollieohCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC84 posts

This product is what everyone should have in their bathroom cupboard. It's great for so many things. I use it mostly if I have very dry cracked skin, say on my feet or hands. I also use it on my daughters cheeks as sometimes she gets mild eczema on them and the vaseline seems to be enough to make it disappear. You know that it's a trusted and a well known product which is safe to use for the whole family. It is greasy and takes a little while to soak into the skin but that's how it's meant to be and that's why it does what it does.
Great on dry cracked skin and mild eczema.
neodymium
neodymiumAU226 posts

Good

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly is a very versatile product that is effective at moisturising and protecting your skin. Its formula has changed little over the years, but it is still a very good product with many uses that is handy to keep around the house. It's an affordable product and is readily available from your local supermarket. It can be a little messy to use, so it's better to use it sparingly. It's a good product from Vaseline and one of the most useful products around.
Incredibly useful product for moisturising your skin
A bit oily and greasy if you use too much of it
Skin Irritation Care Products

Find out how Vaseline Petroleum Jelly compares to other Skin Irritation Care Products

MissModern
MissModernMelbourne62 posts

OK

Vaseline is pretty good reliable brand, as for the product id advise against using it as lip balm as it dries your lips out very badly. However its versitle, I use it in art projects and I put it around my hair line when I dye my hair and it stops any skin stains.
Good trusted brand that hasnt changed in years so you can alway count on getting exactly what you expect. Good little packaging that can be compact.
The lid falls off a bit if you keep it in your hand bag which is annoying and messy. If you live in hot climiates it melts very eaisly.
dishpanhands
dishpanhands

Good

I would use it more often if it was portable, but the tub is not. Please put it in a hygenic tube.
Useful for all needs. Have used it all my life
the stupid tub it comes in - can't buy it in a tube as is possible in the US (I'm in Australia). Please consider selling it in a tube.
lbj39
lbj39145 posts

Vaseline is great, it is available just about everywhere and so cheap to buy. You don't really want to leave it in the car in hot weather as it will melt. It is fantastic to use on chapped lips or if you get wind burn. It isn't scented which I assume means fewer extra chemicals added. It can be used on your cheeks in very small doses before applying blush and other cosmetics. It is just one of those must haves in the house.
What is there not to love about a versatile product which is so economical?
It does tend to melt in the hot weather
coogsey
coogsey7 posts

I love vaseline esp. the new type where you get aleo vera in it! If you put a coat of it on eye lashes going to bed it improves them, makes them stronger. also great on chapped hands
soft lips, stronger eye lashes!!
NOTHING its vaseline every house must have a tub
Sonreview
Sonreview29 posts

Good

An economical product made by a renowned and trusted company. Best kept out of the reach of little fingers - can you imagine the mess just a small tub could make in a child's bedroom?!
Great for use on chapped lips and dry skin. Being petroleum jelly based it does feel a bit greasy, but you need to expect that from this kind of product.

We used it to clear up our daughter's cradle cap. Slathered her scalp in it and left it overnight (with an old towel over the cot sheet to prevent staining. In the morning we brushed her scapl with a soft babies brush and it lifted right off. Just needed a couple of shampoo's afterwards!
Quite greasy, but it is vaseline!

EileenGarraway
EileenGarrawayVic, 3178113 posts

Good

Vaseline has been around for many years and it is as good today as it was when I was young and my mother used it. I only buy the smaller container as it does last and it is so versatile as it spreads really well. Vaseline is a product that I believe should last for years, I even use it to put a thin line around my hair line when I am dying my hair so I do not get colour over my skin. It has many uses - it would take to long to type them all.
That you can use vaseline petroleum jelly for a lot of uses, sore lips, itchy skin and it can be used on babies.
taniaberman
taniaberman51 posts

good old vaseline, im sure there is container in every ones medicine cabinet. it is still the best product on the market for chapped lips. my dad also uses it in shed honestly dont know what for but something to do with cars. i once bought the homebrand version for him and it through it in the bin. only original vaseline in our house. i also use as a chest rub, just add a bit of ecalyptus oil to it and bingo perfect. s versitile. dont go for the larger container though becouse they do get a bit messy, always best to stick to smallest containers
versitility, proven reputation
bit messy
emmad
emmadvic, 335574 posts

great product that has been used by my family for many of years,i really like to use it on my lips when they get chapped or sunburnt as it works a treat,the price has gone up but it is still very cheap compared to most other products,the only downside is it can get greasy on your hands and doesnt really have a nice smell to it
it has been around for soo long and still is very cheap compared to others that have the same effect as using jelly
it can be very greasy and hasnt got a nice scent to it
katpaul
katpaul251 posts

Good

This is a great all round product. It is so very cheap. Great for using on chapped lips. My husband uses it to avoid chafing when he races (cycling). I have used it on dry chapped hands and on dry heals. A small pack but then a little bit goes a very long way. this is one of the best value beauty products on the market. Great for intensive moisturising and relieving dry sore skin.
This product has been around since I was a child and it is still cheap, works well and is in every home I know!
none really.
GoneBushBlogger
GoneBushBloggerVictoria, 362955 posts

gizette
gizetteSydney99 posts

Good

i have been using this brand since i was a little girl, my mother has probably even been using this product for most of her life as well. i can use it on my lips, my nose when i have a cold and have been wiping it to much. there are so many possible uses for this product you can't list them, all you can say is i'm sure there is a jar of this somewhere in every one's house.
it works well every time you use it for every use, they have not changed the packaging for at least twenty years so the packaging is easliy identifiable in stores and on shelves.
is little greasy
Jasmina_Cook
Jasmina_Cook40 posts

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly is a very helpful/useful product. You can use it to get things un-stuck (earring backs for example), even shining things up! It is also helpful for any dry parts of skin, and works quickly. Being a small pack, it is easy to carry around and you can take it with you everywhere! I use it all the time, far all sorts of different things! What a fantastic product@
A good, value for money product, that is simple, easy to use, and has many uses!
It is quite greasy, but hey, it is petroleum jelly, what do you expect?!
bigfatpig
bigfatpig73 posts

I have been using Vaseline as my lip gloss for 10 years now. It gives a natural, but beautiful gloss for my lips. I think it's better than most other lip gloss that are much more expensive. Vaseline is cheap & can be used for other things as well.

Now I have my daughter, I can use Vaseline for even more things now - like for my girl's bum!
It works well and can be used for the whole family.

It comes in various sized tub - small one is great for travelling.
a minor cons : the lid comes off easily, and fingers get messy

torilangley
torilangley32 posts

Good

Vaseline is an all time favourite for most Australian families. It is a classic and it works. Perfect for dry skin, I use it regularly on dry lips and it works a treat. It is affordable and available just about anywhere.
Classic, affordable and a brand you can depend on.
Has a greasy texture.
Prettypearls
Prettypearls86 posts

It is a must have product to have, as it is a afforable, effective and fantastic product as you can apply this to any parts of the body where it is cracked, dry or swelling for instance. You can purchase this product anywhere and can be used on anyone from all ages. I seriously could not live without this product especially in winter when I am prone to dry skin/lips and need instant moisture.
Classic, affordable, favourite, reliable product that's fantastic for dry cracked lips or areas on the face or other parts of the body such as knees. Instantly moisturises the dry area. Great for all seasons, winter and summer.
Can be greasy or shiny appearance, especially if used too much of the product.
connielaura
connielaura211 posts

this product i have used since i can remember. i use it as a lip gloss daily. but especially when my lips are dry or cracked, and as a barrier from wind to prevent more damage. an excellent product!!
good for cracked skin, chaffed lips, dry skin, lol around the home
ilovejoshx
ilovejoshx10 posts

Good

overall, this product can be used on many things and areas. i recommend it to all types of people and it is a good product. if you use it day and night you will end up with nice smooth skin. but as you put it on you have to cover it with something so you don't get anything greasy and yukky.
good protection and nourishment to all types of skins. good for cold sores.good to also soothe cuts. good for dry lips and cracking feet. it won't harm even the most sensitive skin.
it is messy and greasy.
EV79Lawton
EV79LawtonWA, 6018154 posts

Good

I used it for lips and foot before especially during the dry weather.

Believe everyone should have one in the house, as it's really useful amd the price is economical. Nothing much can complain as it's a basic of cream!
This Oitment really good for dry lips and cracky foot.
Oily and sticky.

qestra
qestra186 posts

i always have a jar of this in the cupboard, i even used it on the cat when he had a dry flaky area above the base of his tail - i mixed it with ti tree oil to help with healing and this also stopped him from licking it off
protective and nourishing to the skin so it will not harm even the most sensitive areas. because it has no perfume added you can add your own healing oils to make herbal ointments with vaseline as the base
it is a bit greasy but then it is an ointment and not a cream
tzelyn
tzelynSydney, NSW161 posts

I've been using this product for years and and so has my family. Would recommend this product anytime and even a doctor has once recommended this product to me in terms of curing cold sores and dry lips.
A perfect balm for dry lips and cold sores. It's also great for use to soothe minor cuts.
Sometimes it gets too oily if you've put on too much during the night before you go to bed.

baggio2k2008
baggio2k2008188 posts

this product has so many uses i cant describe all of them. i use it for lips, for sunburn and to protect exposed skin from dirt and moisture. the best part is it helped relieve my cut and protected it as it was healing. it also helps prevent you from getting further cuts. an awesome product at an awesome price. there are many sizes you can buy and even the small tub can last you for months depending on how much you use. loved it
an amazing product. i loved the protection it gave me for sunburn and cuts.
very greasy
LittleBirdy
LittleBirdyVictoria, 3204303 posts

I use vaseline for everything, especially my chapped lips. It makes a great barrier of protection, that keeps the nasty things out and the good things in. I found that it also works really well on mozzie bites! It doesn't irritate skin anywhere I use it. Such a practical product, Vaseline is so cheap and the tub never seems to run out.
You can use Vaseline for everything! The tub I've used seems to last forever without going off, I've had mine for a few years and it isn't even half used yet.
It can get very greasy on your hands, and melty in hot weather.
Hithere12
Hithere12AU191 posts

Vaseline has been around for years and I have always used it for a variety of fixes. It is a moisturiser, barrier cream, skin repairer, lubricant, make up remover, waterproofer, cleaning aid, stain remover, and the list just goes on and on. It has multiple uses and is a bargain price. A definate must for every household. It is a tried and tested wonder product.
A multi purpose and multi use jelly that is a must have for every home. It is so very cheap considering all the uses that you can get out of one small jar.
Nothing to dislike about Vaseline it is wonderful.
jazzitallup
jazzitallup20 posts

Vaseline is definately a must in anyone's medicine cabinet. Regardless of whether they have a baby or not. Great for chapped lips (easy to get men to use vaseline on their chapped lips - no chance of getting them to use a chapstick!). Is also good at preventing and soothing chaffing. Great nappy cream - and is 'natural' being made from what was once just plant matter. Good for cradle cap. Soothes over-blown noses. My fav trick with Vaseline is to pop it on the back of new shoes - it helps prevent blisters.
Cheap, effective, non-allergenic, easy to find
never cared much for the smell!