Vax VX40

MPNs: 3114, VAX-VX40 and VX40

13 questions from our users

rashid.sadiqi911
rashid.sadiqi911asked

What size paper dust bag goes in it?

Allan H.
Allan H.asked

Can u get shampoo option like first vax

Wilson
Wilsonasked

My VAX VX40 isn’t sucking at all. The outer filter keeps dropping of in the barrel when I have emptied it. Anybody know why

LAURENCE B.asked

What is the neck size of the pipe, lookin to buy another head

Palerang

Doesn't matter, you can get converters. I have a horrible hoover and half its own things don't fit, so they make little plastic converters. so far the converter ensures everything fits the Vaxes, Hoovers and other machines.

LAURENCE B.

Thanks for that, I'll check out some adaptors

David
Davidasked

Good vac/ motor but the attachments are average. Doesn't glide on carpet very well. I'm sure if better attachments were provided it would result in better sales.

Wayne G.asked

Need to no what head fits N for carpets for vx 40 wet N dry

Bob C

Unfortunately, we only use the Vax as a vacuum cleaner as we also have a carpet cleaner which is good. I noticed a lot of extra attachments in the box and I assume that if there is a clear plastic head it could be the one. A look online for the manual might solve the issue. Best of luck.

Palerang

I found all the bits that fit my horrible Hoover also fit the Vax, the pipes must be a standard size or something. But I don't use them, the rather basic wide head that came with the VX works well on everything.

Thanks very much

Peter L.
Peter L.asked

is the vacuum cleaner bagless

Palerang

It can be used with or without the paper bag, but I think you need to pay more attention to the filters if you use it bagless. The bag doesn't fill much of the cannister, which is a bit of a waste.

Kayla Vernon
Kayla Vernonasked

How do you use the vax to wash the carpets

Bob C

Sorry I can't help with this question as we have a carpet cleaner that we've used for years and it is very efficient. I note that there are a lot of unused attachments in the bottom of the box so I expect that these would somehow get put together for carpet cleaning. Presumably the manual would show you how to. Regards

Daniel K.
Daniel K.asked

how to refit outlet filter? - not in handbook. And where are parts and nos. listed? Daniel.

Frankie
Frankieasked

Is this vacuum cleaner suitable to use on a stenciled concrete patio. It has a sort of 'rough' texture, also is the wand very long as i don't like to bend due to back problems. Thank You

Palerang

yes, this is quite a basic vacuum, no fancy moving parts or things to break. The wand is in bits, plastic, and is longer than my old crappy Hoover. The head is quite basic, plastic, but it swivels around and I think it works well. Small head too so it gets into things. The only annoying thing is buying it bags, it's the one vacuum that Bunnings don't sell bags for.

Bob C

Frankie, I am 70 also with a bad back. Unless you're very tall, the handle is long enough to use without much strain on back. There will always be some strain with vacuum cleaners. As for the stenciled concrete patio, I think that would be much like patterned vinyl tiles which we have and the vax lifts the dirt up when we use the carpet setting. Hope this helps
Bob

Michala W
Michala Wasked

How do I wash carpet with Vax?

Bob C

Unfortunately, we haven't got around to using the Vax for carpet cleaning as we have a separate unit in good condition for that and it is easy to use. I noticed when I unpacked the Vax a lot of attachments for carpet cleaning and at the time I recalled being somewhat confused about the carpet cleaning function. Sorry I can't help but we really purchased the unit for vacuuming carpet. Maybe a call to the manufacturer might help. Best of luck anyway.

Will
Willasked

Do the vax have a thin head?

Palerang

The vacuum head that comes with it is quite small and slim, very-low tech but it works well. You can fit heads from other vacuum cleaners onto it which is handy. I'd be checking availability of bags for it though, it's one of the few bags that Bunnings doesn't stock.

Bob C

You can purchase the bags online . Certainly not cheap but then you can use a bag quite a few times. Regards

Nat gone mad
Nat gone mad

Yes, the Vax head is rather small and low tech. It works well with getting hair out of the carpet and I do sometimes swap it with other heads from previous vaccum cleaners.
We also buy our bags online but it takes a while for them to get full.
I really like this vaccum cleaner.

Helen
Helenasked

My vx40 wet and dry. When i switch it on nothing happens then i turn it off then on again it works and sounds like it chopping up something. I have had someone look at it and said they can't see anything wrong and they test it it work.but now i want to use it it doesn't want to work. I love this vac i have always keep it clean after every use. What should i do?

Other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners