Vegemite

Vegemite

See the Best Food & Drink Products in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Gurto

GurtoMid North Coast, NSW

LOOOOOVE Vegemite!!

Just love Vegemite. I've been eating this product my whole entire life, since a little wee tacka!! I'm now 47 years of age & still have Vegemite on toast every morning before my cereal. I actually crave Vegemite sometimes, also can just have a table spoon of it just for the taste!! Love the taste of it & absolutely looooove the product!! Vegemite is the best!!!! & I'll continue to eat & crave daily..... thanks heaps Vegemite Australia, absolutely awesome product & if be lost without it!!! Cheers....

Purchased in January 2020 for $2.99.

GerardoDemarte

GerardoDemarteGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bitter

Tried a bit of Vegemite tonight for the first time in years. Has a terrible bitter flavour. Had to have a drink to rinse my mouth out! What have they done? Tastes like a chemical.

Purchased in December 2019 at Woolworths Physical store.

Always loved vegemite

Always loved vegemite. Honestly would say I was addicted to it from an early age. Ate it for Breakfast lunch and dinner when I was a child. And even some days now. But for some reason it now just tastes dull. Don't know what you have done but I don't like the change. It should go back to the way it was. It didn't need to be changed so why are you changing it?
I WOULD GIVE THE ORIGINAL 10 STARS IF I COULD
BUT I'M FORCED TO GIVE THIS CURRENT IMPOSTER MAYBE 3

Purchased at Coles for $8.00.

John W

John WNew South Wales

Change in taste of vegemite

I've been eating vegemite for the best part of 70 years and opened a new jar this morning - I noticed as soon as I tasted it that the flavour has changed and I'm not sure I liked it. Please bring back the original.

Purchased in December 2019.

Max cook

Max cookSouth Australia

I love Vegemite the way it is great Australian food love it On my toast best Australian food ever

Thanks to who ever made it I love it so much I love it more than the chesseybite

Purchased in December 2013 at Woolworths for $1.99.

I don't like the changes to Vegemite

Vegemite was perfect the way it was, if your not going to change it back then give Australians a choice bring out Vegemite Original, we will eat the original and you can eat the new stuff.

Purchased in July 2019.

leonie b.

leonie b.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Is it vegimite

I agree that the recipe has changed. I don't eat it thay often but the last few times that I've had it, it tasted different.... hence why I googled to see if it was just me. Obviously not!

Purchased for $4.99.

C. Kerr

C. KerrSydney, NSW

Yuccccckkk!!!!

What has happened to vegemite??
I wont be buying it again until they change it back to the original!

Purchased in November 2019 for $5.99.

Terrible!

Won't be buying this iconic Australian spread again until it gets changed back to the original recipe! PLEASE listen to the people Bega!

Purchased in November 2019.

Another lost customer - Why change it????

Annoyed with the change to appease minorities. Go woke-go broke!

Purchased in November 2019.

PAUL ALLEN

PAUL ALLENSydney Surrounds, NSW

Furry taste

Bought a new jar on Saturday from Woolworths, it tasted a bit furry it has lost its bite it is the last jar I will buy

Purchased in November 2019 at Woolworths for $4.95.

Barmacc

BarmaccGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The recipe has been changed from the original

My kids love vegemite - They also love peanut butter but the primary school has a No Nut policy due to allergies, so its always been Vegemite. I bought a new jar at Coles near me, and last week, the kids tell me they dont like it anymore. I asked them why, and they said it tastes funny. I then tried it, and it doesnt taste anything like it used to. Not buying it anymore. So disappointing as I love the original recipe too. PLEASE bring back the original recipe. Was it changed to get vegan certification? If so, its now awful.

Purchased in November 2019 at Coles.

Utter rubbish

Give us back the old consistency of Vegemite, not this goo that is being sold as an iconic brand. Not happy Jan!

Purchased in October 2019 at Woolworths.

Penelope

PenelopeSydney, NSW

Not Vegemite I knew and loved

As soon as I tasted new jar of vegemite something was different, it didn't taste right. I didn't enjoy it. When I examined it I noticed texture was soft and it was glossy. This was not the vegemite I loved and enjoyed. Please bring back the vegemite I loved!

Purchased in August 2019 at Coles.

Kevin H.

Kevin H.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The best spread money can buy

Can you get better than Vegemite... Simple answer... No you can't. Good on ya

Purchased in September 2019 at IGA for $6.99.

Annette

AnnetteHunter Region, NSW

What have they done to Vegemite

I thought I was going crazy. Stuck my knife to scrape out the vegemite like I have been doing for the past 50 years, nearly scooped out the whole jar. Soooo soft???? What have they done. Not to mention the new label, very disappointed. I will have to think about if I will buy again. So sad.

Purchased in October 2019 at Coles.

The backlash is beginning

Most people have Vegemite in the cupboard but it takes a while to get throuh it. It gets bought infrequently. We recently bought a new jar. The new jar is a like an old stale jar of Vegemite that has gone too hard and tastes bad. (I thought maybe this is a ploy to force people to buy it in the plastic tube travel pack which works out much more expensive.) I decided to search whether other people think something is wrong and found many complaints.
I would not buy this new formula product again. It needs to be fixed.
Ironically, this Australian icon was created by an American multinational but has now been wrecked by its new Australian owners. I pray Arnotts does not come back into Australian ownership if this is what happens.

Purchased in June 2019.

alanvGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Try Salt Reduced Vegemite

Twice I have written to Vegemite, on both occassions the reviews seem to have been stifled. Having found this page I agree with the comments on the product, how-ever recently I picked up a 25% SALT REDUCED VEGEMITE on 'special' from Coles in a smaller than usual jar, this seems quite close in taste to the original. It looks slightly syrupy but certainly give it a try .

Purchased in August 2019 at Coles Supermarkets.

A W Pratt

A W PrattKingaroy

New vegemite, it’s awful, awful awful!

Been eating vegemite for 64 years, buy several jars at once. Opened new jar...yuuuuuck! I could cry! What the heck has happened? Will donate as I hate waste but where do I get the old recipe . Bega, do taste tests in store because I’ll not waste money buying more vegemite without a taste first. So so very Sad. Gave it one star only because I couldn’t post without it

marshxx

marshxxGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Why, just why?

What have you done to our Australian icon Vegemite? Do not tell me for one second this recipe is the same as the original. I noticed it straight away when I opened the jar. I thought I was going crazy seeing a glossy, soft jelly like consistantcy spread hijacking the jar. My daughter then confirmed I wasn't crazy and commented it is sooo not the original vegimite. Does not taste the same. What an absolute shame! My whole family have been eating this our whole lives. You have just lost another devoted vegemite family. Let me know if the original recipe comes back. Until then, Goodbye Vegemite. I'm going to go now so I can cry!

Max cook

Max cookasked

Just why just why did they changed it

Neil B.

Neil B.asked

Has recipe changed produce is harder in latest jar just opened

Bruce T.

Your description is what people are complaining about. The harder more dense consistency (like stale product) means something in the production process has changed. A noticeable difference in taste as well is also being cited. Bega is just not responding. Instead they now have a new marketing campaign based on patriotism.

alanv

The most recent jar of 'salt reduced' was slightly different to the previous purchase in that first jar had a slight syrupy covering, the recent purchase was fine. "The Taste Of Australia" worries me that Australia has gone down the gurglar as well.

alanvasked

Hello bega, are you taking notice of these vegemite complaints?

Bruce T.

They don’t seem to be interested. The most likely response if they take any notice will be to engage some marketing firm to sell the idea that there is nothing wrong and that Vegemite is still the same as it always was.

alanv

Good grief! That sounds very familiar.