Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits (page 6 of 7)

See the Best Garden Maintenance Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Vegepod

Pros

Protects plants from the elements
Easy to assemble
Simple to maintain garden

belindawinter9South West, WA

Best vege garden ever!

I love my green leaves and this is the first time I have been able to grow lots of green leafy vegetables and not have them half eaten by bugs. It's so easy and relatively maintenance free now I have the cover for winter. We went away on holidays in winter, didn't water it at all and amazingly it was a growing little hub when we got back... fantastic. I would recommend these to everyone... they are great. After sales advice and service has been very good, friendly and professional.

JamesVegepodSend a private message

Great to hear our new winter/propagation covers are already in use Belinda. Please post a pic of your winter cover in use on our Facey if poss. Ta, Simon

All done :-)

Thanks ! :)

KennethNorth Western Region, NSW

I will always have one in use.

Impressive design, easy to assemble,and well manufactured. We have the large unit, and it makes gardening even more enjoyable especially for a wheelchair user. Having a cover removes the concern of animal and insect intruders and watering is set and forget when using a timer.

Kenneth

Will be away from home for a couple of weeks. A pic will be posted on my return. Ken

Thanks. Appreciate it

No bending, no watering, no weeding - what more could you want!!!

I've tried many veggie growing methods, straw bale, no dig, regular in the ground and this by far is the best. Great crop of veggies and no bugs or pests and no need for sprays. Totally organic and possum proof. Can recommend.

JamesVegepodSend a private message

Love it thanks Possumead. Get me a pic of a vegepod thwarted pod and i'll get you a free winter cover! Ta, Simon

Mix of good with the bad

Initially I was very pleased with my two large vegepods. After 6 months I found the irrigation started to deteriorate. The round clips which secure the pipe became brittle and snapped off. I have irrigated my garden with pope irrigation equipment and I have never had a problem using these clips in the past. I can only assume that the clips used with the vegepod are an inferior comparison. I also found that for vegetables which require bee pollination, there was a reduced yield of produce due to the cover restricting access for bee pollination.

Garden Maintenance Products

Find out how Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

excited

Have just put my vegepod together,next step fill then enjoy watching my veges thrive without bugs!! Great product would recommend vegepod to anyone who loves fresh organic veges on hand.

Look forward to seeing your progress Mandy! Cheers, Simon

Difficult to put together but love the lid

I bought the small one. Bolts missing but still managed- had to get son to help as one predrilled hole didn't line up. Took me about 5 hours to bash it all together. Love the lid - take that pesky possums! However. 6 months later the connectors that hold the lid down fall off every time I open it. Produced some fabulous lettuce. Basil and tomatoes- now trying some spinach and kale . Would I buy another one? No- a cover for my usual pots would be just as effective I think. Have you considered selling "lids" for standard pots?

Great invention

Enjoying fresh organic veges without the hassles of weeding, bending and spraying for pests & bugs. Rabbit and possum proof. Watering system tricky and hinges need some further thought. Also maybe consideration to a pole to keep hood up. But this won't stop me from me from buying another medium on a frame with wheels.

JamesVegepodSend a private message

Thanks for the review DMac. Did you have the hinge clips fully clipped over the side with the little lip? If yoiu have old ones without the lips i can send you some new ones that stay in place. Cheers simon@vegepod.com.au

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.14 Feb 2022
Waynepick
WaynepickChristchurch New Zealand

Great Christmas Present

I brought one for a friend in Melbourne for Christmas. He thinks it is great and does not have to worry about the possums and snails anymore. Also at 70 years of age he does not have to bend down to do his gardening. My turn to buy one now.

JamesVegepodSend a private message

Good to see the kiwis getting involved thanks Wayne! lisa@vegepod.co.nz looks after Aotearoa. Tell her simon sent ya! Cheers,

ASF
ASFSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not bad

Great idea although the current cover frame and particularly the hinges are a bit too lightweight. For that sort of money I would have expected a little better. Irrigation system could have been thought about a bit more as well.

JamesVegepodSend a private message

G'day ASF, thanks for the good review. If you are having any issues with the hinges or frame just email us a pic of the issue and we'll send extra parts if appropriate. Ta, simon@vegepod.com.au

I don't have to bend.

It so handy. I don't have to bend to do the gardening. The cover keeps the pests at bay. The watering system is good as well. Just connect the hose. No more snails eating my vegetables.

Brilliant

Easy to use. Fantastic product, Very happy with the vegies I have been able to grow. Look forward to spring when it warms up a bit as I live in the mountains. Happy with the plastic cover I have for the vegepod as well as it protects everything from the worst of the frost.

JamesVegepodSend a private message

Would love to see some pics of the winter cover in action Wombat. PLease post on our Facebook wall if possible. Ta, Simon

Jeff
JeffSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect garden for bad backs

We have two medium pods on stands in an area that receives a fair bit of wind at times. No problem with the top and assembly was a breeze for both pods and stands. Directions were easy to follow and less than an hour needed to have each one ready to go. Just harvested our first crisp and delicious cabbage free of crawlies. Planting programme needs to recognise not to plant too close to edges however as our plants were very robust and we had to be careful when closing top to ensure we didn't leave leaves out.

JamesVegepodSend a private message

That's a great bif of advice Jeff, ta. Might add to the planting guide that Angus Stewart of ABC Gardening Australia is helping us out wiht at the moment. Stay tuned to our newsletter! Cheers, SImon

Great way to garden.

Great product, bought two medium and stands and had no problems with assembly. As I live on a rocky ridge with light soil and well populated with friendly Wallabies conventional gardening is a challenge. I have had no problem with the cover hinges or with wind blowing the covers off/open. Great success with the first crop and about to sow the next round.

JamesVegepodSend a private message

You ripper Alsav. Get me a pic with a wallaby thwarted next to your pods and i will give you a free winter cover! Ta, Simon

Christine
ChristineBrisbane

Wouldn't ever be without one

Very happy with such rapid growth of all greens and herbs. Unfortunately, I purchased mine prior to the ones which are now fitted with wheels. Growing lettuce in the hot summer months in a full sun position is very unsuccessful. An extra layer of shade cloth didn't help.

NicWoonona

Not all that great

Brought the X-large pod was so excited - missing 2 bolts, i have not had any success in veggies growing and i followed the directions so i re did the dirt this time according to the nursery method. Still the veggies only get to about 2 weeks growth then stop. This has been the most expensive and useless garden ever it is now going in to the chook pen for the chickens to have an over priced laying pen.

Nic

thank you i will give you a ring in a few weeks when i reset the pod up again,

Great service - Great Product

Love my pod. Looks great in a courtyard, no mess, beautiful herbs and lettuces. Easy to construct, excellent quality materials used. Im sure i will be back for a second pod!

Great to hear Tracey, thanks Simon

Jen
JenPerth, WA

Love, love, love it !

Bought my first medium pod end of April and planted with seedlings using the square metre gardening method. Fabulous results beyond my belief and no bugs thanks to the cover. I have just purchased a second medium pod and this time I'm going to plant from seed and watch the miracle happening. The advantage of having my pods on stands with wheels means I can chase the sun in the Winter and a bit of shade in the Summer in my paved tiny back yard. I would recommend the vegepods to anyone wishing to grow organic vegetables and no bugs!

JamesVegepodSend a private message

Sounds great thanks Jen. Please post a pic of you and your wheel pod in the courtyard on our Facey wall if poss. Ta, Simon

Wonderful

This appliance is just fabulous with only one small draw back and that is the hinge on the lid keeps detaching from the base which is irritating to say the least

Rod
RodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Product and Excellent Service!

I recently bought two large Vegepods online and was surprised at how quickly they were delivered. From order to delivery was less than a week- excellent service. They were easy to put together and I am now growing vegetables even in a cold Victorian Winter! i am very pleased with the product and would recommend them to anyone wanting to grow their own vegetables (or even flowers for that matter).

Great biy

Best buy as possums can't get to my vegies. Pity that stand was an extra. Should have been stocked with the pod. Excellent for older gardners and people in wheelchairs.

Super Fast Service

Love the product. Bought the large size. Easy to put together. Haven't yet planted as I've decided to wait for spring & more sun in the backyard. Ordering was super easy. Delivery super quick - only 2 days.

Wonderful product

Excited to be able to have a veggie garden again
As I have no grass backyard
Can't wait to eat my own health food
The Vegepod has great features as self watering system

JamesVegepodSend a private message

Would love to see a pic of the pod greening a no-grass yard Ree! Please post on our Facey wall if poss. Ta, Simon

RosRichmond-Tweed, NSW

What a difference a pod makes

I brought the large pod on stand , having a bad back growing vegi s was just a dream , now I can easily go out onto my back deck and choose what to have for dinner looking forward to Summer choices

Gday Ros, would love to a deck pod pic on our Facey wall if poss. Ta, Simon

Sure can

Thanks. Appreciate it

Mark
MarkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Beware of wind

Top keeps blowing off in the wind which is very frustrating they need a better way to secure the top . Otherwise it is a great product. Fantastic for growing strawberries.

karen
karenWestern District, VIC

Fantastic product, perfect for a non-gardener like me

This is the perfect garden for small spaces and those who don't live to garden. I grow herbs & lettuces & Asian greens. It's so easy & convenient and good for my bad back as I don't have to dig, bend or weed! Love it.