Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

See the Best Garden Maintenance Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Vegepod

Pros

• Protects plants from the elements

• Easy to assemble

• Simple to maintain garden

Poor Customer Service

I came on to this site to read reviews to find out what others thought of your product as I was very interested in purchasing. I have now changed my mind due to the way you reply to people on this review website. People seem to have genuine concerns and in your response to them you not only attack them personally you go straight into defence mode that it must be the customers fault. The person responding here to people is not doing your business any favours and as a result will spend my money elsewhere. Stop being so condescending and care about your customers.

No Service or Communication

Vegepod is a great concept and product, however if there is no support from them. Its only when you do something wrong is when they communicate and never reply to any emails or phone calls. Their service surely does not stack up to the "50,000+ happy customers". I hope that if anyone is going to purchase one that they don't need any support because there is none to get!!!!

Faulty stand

Purchased in December 2020 for $609.00.

Feedback

Hi, I'm considering purchasing a Vege Pod but have been put off by the defensive/reactive replies to customer feedback from the company. I would suggest Vege pod appoint a representative to manage negative comments, someone who understands and empathises with customer feedback.

Garden Maintenance Products

Find out how Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

Chris HancockPerth, WA

canopy material too small

This is the second large Vegepod I've bought. I was happy with the first but this last one has left me depressed. Since it took weeks to be delivered I've tried my level best to fit the material over the canopy frame rather than request a replacement. I've been at it for two days.
I am not sure a custodial sentence is appropriate, but whoever made these frustratingly small pieces of material needs to at least do a couple of days hard labour, as I have done.

Purchased in March 2020.

Poor packaging, poor instructions

Haven't had the chance to use it yet, but the bolts and wingnuts were loose in the box, and the box was damaged when we received it. Lost some of that hardware out of the box opening I suspect. Also the instructions were missing how to put together the wicking wells. Luckily I was intelligent enough to figure it out on my own. Some of us prefer to follow written instructions, not video instructions.

Purchased in February 2020 at Indianapolis Home Show.

MagmageeSydney, NSW

Not worth the price

Bought a full size Vegepod with the stand few weeks ago for my mum (paid $535). It's only a show piece, not worth for the price.
As the area of planting not enough, I went and bought few 73L plastic crates ($15 each) from Bunnings and made a raised timber frame to keep. This works well compared to very expensive Vegepod.
Regret and feel shame spending $535 on this expensive piece. I wish I could get refund.

Purchased in November 2019 at Enfield Produce for $535.00.

Rob Pearce
Rob PearceSouth East Queensland, QLD

5 rotten tomatoes for assembly

I tried to assemble the base today, but found the cross braces had the pre drilled holes in the wrong place and didn't align with the corner brackets. The result .. break out the clamps and 7 mm drill bit, and realign the holes. You must be skilled at drilling through steel for this one. As for the instructions, I found the photos blurry and unclear. Good luck I say, as I'm a qualified carpenter/handyman who spends his whole day solving problems, and on the tools. Give me an IKEA instruction book any day. And no, I didn't call the help desk, and the videos weren't much chop either. No flowery apology required from the customer service team.

Purchased in August 2019.

felsyVictoria

Poor quality pod hood

Vegepod is 14 months old.
The hood frame is rusting from the inside out, and one of the plastic connectors holding the hood frame together had failed. Poor quality for the price paid

Purchased in December 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Garden Maintenance Products

Caution,read all reviews before purchase

Very disappointed in the standard of construction. The mesh was to tight to cover the frame work causing it to bend. During a moderate storm the frame collapsed completely. Have tried calling several time, phone rings out. Eventually got a reply to an email stating it will cost $10 for each replacement 'T' bracket to rebuild the lid. No much faith in customer service.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Zacgrab
Zacgrab

Vegipod contacted me and sorted out all issues. Happy customer

Broke
BrokeAucklanf

Bed and canopy don't sit flush

Hi all,I bought a large vegepod a year or so ago thinking it would be fantastic. Unfortunately there is a major flaw I would like to point out to prospective buyers.
The canopy and plastic bed do not sit flush and in some parts there is a centimetre and a half gap. This of course is quite the problem when bugs, slugs, ants find their way in ... which they do. Basically better to have the veges out in the open for at least then they have natural predators which is not the case inside the pod.
Anyway otherwise probably good but 5 times planted with one complete refresh of soil to eliminate problem has left me with 5 cucumbers and a few lettuce leaves at a cost of about $600 soil (included) , a $100 cucumber!! And I though $5.99 was pricey!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Anthony
AnthonyBellevue Hill

Quality is poor and customer service unresponsive

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Assembling Trolley stand

I don't know who design these stands. The joins don't align to the bolts. The instructions are blurred copies and difficult to read. Very disappointed after paying good money for this product, its taken me half a day trying to put one together and that's just the stand. Problem is I bought two of them!!

Bored with it

Bored with it, bee's can't pollinate cause the lid is closed and the sun can't get to the soil and that goes mouldy.
Not deep enough for some veg like carrots

NicWoonona

Not all that great

Brought the X-large pod was so excited - missing 2 bolts, i have not had any success in veggies growing and i followed the directions so i re did the dirt this time according to the nursery method. Still the veggies only get to about 2 weeks growth then stop. This has been the most expensive and useless garden ever it is now going in to the chook pen for the chickens to have an over priced laying pen.

Nic

thank you i will give you a ring in a few weeks when i reset the pod up again,

Pamela
Pamelaasked

how much is the small size

Karen A
Karen Aasked

Can I turn a large vegepod into 2 x medium vegepods?

How many bags does it take to fill a large vegepod?

Tess

Not sure that I am qualified to answer this. In my limited experience each vegepod comes with its own accessories including cover which cannot be divided to make two. I used a lot of soil (did not count the bags). Overall it’s an expensive exercise hope it’s worth it in the long run.
Good luck.

Vegepod asked

Live in Canada what do people do in winter with the pod?

Chris R.
Chris R.

Watch the snow cover it. Just a joke, I live in Vancouver.

See all Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits questions

Get an answer from our members and Vegepod representatives

Features:

• The Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits are contained, making it easy to control the growth and quality of your veggies away from the ground and pests.
  • It’s self-watering - a wicking system waters the plants from below the bed, letting your greenery last weeks without needing to be watered.
  • A protective polyethylene knitted mesh cover protects your crops from pests and UV, and also regulates temperature by letting water and air get through.
  • An overflow hole helps prevent the flooding of soil, so you’re not left with over-watered plants.
  • This kit comes in a small, medium, and large size.

Points of praise:

• A number of reviewers reported that the pod’s mesh cover effectively protected their plants from the elements, and particularly helped seedlings survive even in high winds.
  • They also said that the kit was easy to put together, even for gardening and DIY novices.
  • According to reviewers, the pod’s self-watering worked well, which made maintaining their gardens very low maintenance.