Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

Listing monitored by Vegepod

Pros

Protects plants from the elements
Easy to assemble
Simple to maintain garden

Rora
RoraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Materials used are poor

I spent over 4 yrs researching the vege pod. The cost was pretty high for me so I saved and purchased a large pod in 2019 at a Melbourne flower and garden show. On receiving it one suppprt brace was missing and of the bolts weren't made properly, the grooves were missing. Last year when I emptied the pod one of the bases has a crack in it. It probably would have been better value to purchase a cheaper veggie bed from Aldis, the life span probably would have been more than 2.5 yrs.

Purchased in April 2019 for $500.

Very dissapointing

Purchased in August 2019.

Frame connectors poor quality

I have owned the Vegepod for approximately 3.5 years. Whilst the overall design is good the vegecover frame connectors are made of poor quality material and is NOT durable. They started cracking into the 2nd year of use and is now most connectors are no longer usuable requiring replacement. I had it in a partially shaded area. I would have expected better quality given it's price.

Purchased in June 2018.

JamesVegepod

Hi Paul, After 4 years some of the older models have been known to crack and they are easily replaced. We have increased the UV stabiliser and thickness of those parts too. Please contact info@vegepod.com.au
thanks

Tess
TessSydney, NSW

Problematic

On principle the vege pod looks great. Upon receiving the boxes. Put the frame together found the watering hose missing and the tubes were sent within days great! I say only to find the netting did not fit. Requested replacement which was received but attempts to stretch the cover as advertised in the video was hopeless as it’s application required the strength of superman to fit it in the frame. At this stage there is a gape on two sides.

Not sure how other people get it together.

TS
Nsw

Purchased in May 2021 for $600.

Garden Maintenance Products

Find out how Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

Poor Customer Service

I came on to this site to read reviews to find out what others thought of your product as I was very interested in purchasing. I have now changed my mind due to the way you reply to people on this review website. People seem to have genuine concerns and in your response to them you not only attack them personally you go straight into defence mode that it must be the customers fault. The person responding here to people is not doing your business any favours and as a result will spend my money elsewhere. Stop being so condescending and care about your customers.

No Service or Communication

Vegepod is a great concept and product, however if there is no support from them. Its only when you do something wrong is when they communicate and never reply to any emails or phone calls. Their service surely does not stack up to the "50,000+ happy customers". I hope that if anyone is going to purchase one that they don't need any support because there is none to get!!!!

Faulty stand

Purchased in December 2020 for $609.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021

was hoping for better veggies!

Set up my vegepod at my cabin in southwest British Columbia. Didn't need the irrigation line as we get lots!!! of rain.. Herbs grew really well but alas the slugs managed to find their way in and ate my cabbages which initially looked great. Tried some cherry tomatoes but the 2 plants outgrew the large size container.
Nest year will wrap some copper around the legs so the slugs won't climb up and in and will stick to small growing veggies and herbs.. Even though it wasn't a great success it was still fun trying

Purchased in October 2019.

Leahbel
LeahbelSydney, NSW

LOVE THE CONCEPT BUT THERE ARE A FEW FLAWS

Purchased in July 2020 for $600.

Feedback

Hi, I'm considering purchasing a Vege Pod but have been put off by the defensive/reactive replies to customer feedback from the company. I would suggest Vege pod appoint a representative to manage negative comments, someone who understands and empathises with customer feedback.

Chris HancockPerth, WA

canopy material too small

This is the second large Vegepod I've bought. I was happy with the first but this last one has left me depressed. Since it took weeks to be delivered I've tried my level best to fit the material over the canopy frame rather than request a replacement. I've been at it for two days.
I am not sure a custodial sentence is appropriate, but whoever made these frustratingly small pieces of material needs to at least do a couple of days hard labour, as I have done.

Purchased in March 2020.

Deborah H.
Deborah H.Perth, WA

Disappointed, bugs still eating my plants

Purchased in February 2020 at TVSN (TV Shopping Network) for $538.80.

Wary Consumer
Wary ConsumerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Limited life of some components, flawed design

Purchased in February 2016 at Mitre 10 for $349.

Poor packaging, poor instructions

Haven't had the chance to use it yet, but the bolts and wingnuts were loose in the box, and the box was damaged when we received it. Lost some of that hardware out of the box opening I suspect. Also the instructions were missing how to put together the wicking wells. Luckily I was intelligent enough to figure it out on my own. Some of us prefer to follow written instructions, not video instructions.

Purchased in February 2020 at Indianapolis Home Show.

MagmageeSydney, NSW

Not worth the price

Bought a full size Vegepod with the stand few weeks ago for my mum (paid $535). It's only a show piece, not worth for the price.
As the area of planting not enough, I went and bought few 73L plastic crates ($15 each) from Bunnings and made a raised timber frame to keep. This works well compared to very expensive Vegepod.
Regret and feel shame spending $535 on this expensive piece. I wish I could get refund.

Purchased in November 2019 at Enfield Produce for $535.

AnneP
AnnePasked

My vegepod is not thriving
Tomato leaves turning yellow
Strawberries not fruiting
Spinach not growing
Any ideas?

JamesVegepod

Hi Anne, Sounds like a classic case of either not enough sun or not rich enough soil (or both!). Please also feel free to tap into the Vegepod Owners FB groupd (not run by us!) where over 10,000 podders are all helping and sharing. A lovely mob and great resource. Thanks and welcome to the family!

Proodle
Proodleasked

I cant find a way to prevent build-up of large mats of very fine roots, no matter what I have grown in the soil. This has never happened in my regular garden so I would love to know why it does in the pod and how to deal with that, apart from a huge amount of energy to pull it all out and separate the roots from the soil

Hi Proodle,
Not quite sure what you mean as a difference to any other garden bed. Hopefully i can help with a little advice. All plants will build up roots in the soil directly beneath them for generally up to a foot. In between crops, you should pull out all the old deadened crops and ensure to take out the roots with them. Turn over / till the soil. We recommend you use some perlite throughout the soil to keep it light and fluffy - hence easy to pull out and till the soil. Some people believe in leaving old roots there to break down over time but this can take up space of nice new fresh soil or potting mix with plenty of nutrients being added in. Please feel free to contact our admin support team with pics etc and we'll endeavour to help further!

Pamela
Pamelaasked

how much is the small size

See all Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits questions

Get an answer from our members and Vegepod representatives

Features:

• The Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits are contained, making it easy to control the growth and quality of your veggies away from the ground and pests.
  • It’s self-watering - a wicking system waters the plants from below the bed, letting your greenery last weeks without needing to be watered.
  • A protective polyethylene knitted mesh cover protects your crops from pests and UV, and also regulates temperature by letting water and air get through.
  • An overflow hole helps prevent the flooding of soil, so you’re not left with over-watered plants.
  • This kit comes in a small, medium, and large size.

Points of praise:

• A number of reviewers reported that the pod’s mesh cover effectively protected their plants from the elements, and particularly helped seedlings survive even in high winds.
  • They also said that the kit was easy to put together, even for gardening and DIY novices.
  • According to reviewers, the pod’s self-watering worked well, which made maintaining their gardens very low maintenance.