Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits (page 2 of 6)

Listing monitored by Vegepod

Pros

Protects plants from the elements
Easy to assemble
Simple to maintain garden

Poor packaging, poor instructions

Haven't had the chance to use it yet, but the bolts and wingnuts were loose in the box, and the box was damaged when we received it. Lost some of that hardware out of the box opening I suspect. Also the instructions were missing how to put together the wicking wells. Luckily I was intelligent enough to figure it out on my own. Some of us prefer to follow written instructions, not video instructions.

Purchased in February 2020 at Indianapolis Home Show.

JamesVegepod

Outstanding product. Ideal for veg. growing in the small garden

I have the medium unit with stand. I used to have an allotment and, subsequently grew veg. in the odd bits of free space in my garden. The vegepod has vastly improved growing. In my first year I even grew a successful Brussels sprouts plant (though not the best in terms of use of space). The ease of watering and crop protection from pests is excellent. When one of the misting nozzles started dribbling, instead of spraying, Vegepod quickly sent me two replacement nozzles - and even two packets of seeds!! Thank you. All in all an excellent buy.

Purchased in April 2019 at Harrogate flower show.

MagmageeSydney, NSW

Not worth the price

Bought a full size Vegepod with the stand few weeks ago for my mum (paid $535). It's only a show piece, not worth for the price.
As the area of planting not enough, I went and bought few 73L plastic crates ($15 each) from Bunnings and made a raised timber frame to keep. This works well compared to very expensive Vegepod.
Regret and feel shame spending $535 on this expensive piece. I wish I could get refund.

Purchased in November 2019 at Enfield Produce for $535.

Low maintenance High yield

This is a fantastic product. We purchased the medium with the stand. The ability to wheel it around was great especially if you have to chase the sun. Wish the clips were better quality and the attached hood line was more sturdy. A few extra hoses in the lid would make for better overall misting. We will be purchasing a another one this year !!!!

Purchased in April 2019 at Lee valley .

Garden Maintenance Products

Find out how Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

Pablos
PablosSydney, NSW

Excellent Customer Service

I purchased a large VegePod some time ago. I needed some help and advice regarding the Winter cover. When you ring, you talk to a 'real person' with excellent product knowledge. On this occasion I spoke with Paul Harris. He gave me several tips to help my particular needs. With so many companies not wanting to know you after the sale is made VegPod is so refreshingly different. Customer service is awesome, as are the excellent products they sell. I would recommend VegePod as being unique and makes keeping pests of your produce a breeze. No horrible chemical sprays are necessary. We often go away for a week or more at a time so the self wicking watering takes care of that during these times. Thanks to Paul at VegePod.

Purchased in January 2018.

Rob Pearce
Rob PearceSouth East Queensland, QLD

5 rotten tomatoes for assembly

I tried to assemble the base today, but found the cross braces had the pre drilled holes in the wrong place and didn't align with the corner brackets. The result .. break out the clamps and 7 mm drill bit, and realign the holes. You must be skilled at drilling through steel for this one. As for the instructions, I found the photos blurry and unclear. Good luck I say, as I'm a qualified carpenter/handyman who spends his whole day solving problems, and on the tools. Give me an IKEA instruction book any day. And no, I didn't call the help desk, and the videos weren't much chop either. No flowery apology required from the customer service team.

Purchased in August 2019.

JamesVegepod

Brilliant after sales required extra clips on to hold canopy on receive next day a x the pod is absolutely great

Absolutely brilliant piece of kit rotating crops all summer will use this to put trays off seeds in to start of over the cold weatherfeaxy for planting on next season

Purchased in May 2018 for $150.

JamesVegepod

Thanks Phillip. Please post some pics on our FB page so we can repost! Thanks, Simon

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021
CakemommaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

This is the best product ever

I received the large vegepod as a gift from my husband and son I suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and can’t kneel or bend I also purchased the stand and winter cover so I could get started straight away with planting from seeds after 5 weeks I was picking lettuce and week 8 had some dwarf peas it’s amazing all growing nicely like they are in a glass house due to the winter cover so I can highly recommend the vegepod and you don’t get garden pests eating your vegetables so no nasty pesticides you have to love that the photo on the left is as of today

Purchased in May 2019 at Vegepod .

JamesVegepod

So nice to hear CakeMomma. I wonder how we can get this kind of info out to other gardeners with R.A ? Thanks SImon

Cakemomma

I share on Facebook and also instagram I liked vegepod pages and tag them whenever I put photos up just love love love my vegepod and always happy to tell anyone who wants to know about them best product ever

Very happy with this.

Purchased in March 2019 for $475.

JamesVegepod

Did you get a photo of the hail being thwarted by chance? We’d love to use it in a post. :) thanks

msr
msr

Unfortunately I did not. Sorry, but I positioned my Vegepod where it isn't in view from any of my windows - which is why I had to wait until after the storm to check on it.

Very Impressed

Purchased the large VegePod the night of 20th May and it arrived first thing in morning on the 22nd May. Veggie gardens are my wife's domain but i can say from the husbands point of view as i assembled it for her i was very impressed with the quality of products supplied and how easy it was to assemble. All holes lined up perfectly and everything fit nicely. Very impressed. Thanks Vegepod.

Purchased in May 2019.

Fantastic

Set up easy radish lettuce and all so beetroot growing well and only bought at Cardiff show . I asked the company for extra clips and were sent next day. A after service excellent

June 15th 2019 Update: Brilliant piece of kit

Absolutely best pod on market does what it says on the can easy to put together do as instructions say and fill up with good quality compost and use perlite.

Purchased in April 2019 for $159.

Does just what it says it would.

I bought my Vegepod a year ago. I was extremely pleased with my first crop last summer. I planted tomatoes, green peppers, lemon cucumbers, spinach, kale and English cucumbers. The only thing that didn't grow well were the English cukes because (in my excitement) I had over planted. I had planted 20 plants in a space for 12-16 plants. My bad! On another note, I am very pleased with how well the Vegepod held up throughout the year. I live near the ocean, so the wind, humidity and salt air can be very damaging. There was no damage at all to the Vegepod. I am very happy with my purchase and I would do it again.

Purchased in April 2016 for $249.

felsyVictoria

Poor quality pod hood

Vegepod is 14 months old.
The hood frame is rusting from the inside out, and one of the plastic connectors holding the hood frame together had failed. Poor quality for the price paid

Purchased in December 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Easiest set up EVER- City Dweller

Single woman who has put together many items. Vegepod was the easiest project ever. It took me about two and a half hour in my living room. Still cold outside here today in Pittsburgh PA. I will fill it with soil mix next weekend . Seeds are under grow lights high now. The youtube videos are awesome. Every part clips together without effort. Used a rubber mallet to give a little pus on the canopy. PERFECT and EASY set-up ever. I put both stands together in a half hour from the time I opened the box. Pods took about an hour and canopy half and hour. Thanks so much for producing a great product which allow me to have food without feeding the neighborhood wildlife.

Purchased in March 2019.

Zone6Gardener
Zone6Gardener
JamesVegepod

Thanks! Have you joined the Vegepod Owners FB Community page? Not run by us but they would love to share info and experiences with you. It’s a great resource and inspiration. Thanks. Kate

Dee
DeeNew South Wales

Vegepods

I have had my medium vegepod for 5 years. I did not connect up the water system as the water was too far away. I had trouble with the black clips so I super glued them on.
I could not work out how to tie on the cover so it did not fall off so I made up my own and tied it to the fence.
The metal ends have rusted now as the connectors have become brittle and snapped.

It must be placed in the correct position otherwise you get mould on the soil.

Disappointed that I could not buy the connectors at the local Bunnings store.

But apart from that I like it and will now do some repairs and buy some new connectors.

Purchased in November 2013 at PRODUCE STORE ON RAILWAY STREET, BOWRAL for $300.

Excellent after sales Customer service

Recently we had a issue when our vegepod was blown over and the clips holding the canopy broke. A quick descriptive email and they were quickly replaced and we were growing veges again. We had not used the watering aspect of the vegepod as my wife likes to water the garden personally when she can, however wirh the recent hot weather we hooked up the hose but unfortunately the connector kept leaking no matter which brand we tried, again a email query and a quick response and fix. I have not experienced this quality of customer service with a product ever.
Regards
Happy as Larry

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Johnno
JohnnoSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Purchased our for Christmas

We have had our Vege Pod since Christmas, and only 3 weeks ago planted our first vegetables. Wow, today our beans and tomatoes have flowers on them lettuce and carrots are growing beautifully. We live in the Snowy Monaro region and we are soooooo happy with our Vege Pod. Great investment in gettibg good pest free vegetables. Cannot be happier

Best thing I've ever bought

I absolutely love my vegepod, I can now grow everything that caterpillars destroyed like tomatoes, parsley and lemon balm. I wish the company all the best. It's an absolutely fantastic product! It makes growing vegies and herbs beyond easy. It's great for if you're renting, own your own home and for appartments too!

Happy shopper
Happy shopperSouth East Queensland, QLD

Better Than Ever Imagined

Planted mid Dec, early Xmas present, have the medium size with stand. Yesterday 1st Jan, 2019 - first harvest -enough lettuce for salad dinners for 3, plus herbs. Cannot believe the growth achieved in such a short time. Cannot recommend highly enough this product. When adding the soil used 4 bags of premium mix plus 1 cow manure plus 1 fowl manure.

Emma R
Emma R

Great but pieces become britle with time.

Great product. Vegies are awesome and it is super easy to water. They grow well and the canopy keeps them safe from the bugs, birds and other animals. However, the white connectors on the canopy have become brittle in the sun and have broken and perished. I am hoping to buy new ones.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Caution,read all reviews before purchase

Very disappointed in the standard of construction. The mesh was to tight to cover the frame work causing it to bend. During a moderate storm the frame collapsed completely. Have tried calling several time, phone rings out. Eventually got a reply to an email stating it will cost $10 for each replacement 'T' bracket to rebuild the lid. No much faith in customer service.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Zacgrab
Zacgrab

Vegipod contacted me and sorted out all issues. Happy customer

CMO
CMOAU

Love it to bits

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Chris
ChrisRockhampton

Easy to construct and plant out

I must admit hubby constructed and filled my medium vegepod and trolley I’ve just planted it out looking forward to harvesting my herbs and vegetables. Watching and checking the progress each day all sprouting
Looks great easy to move and connect to the hose.
Great service when I purchased over the phone and speedy delivery

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Charmane
CharmaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic for those renting

Absolutely love my vegepod. Started it on 2nd September and thrilled with how fast the produce is growing. I got the large pod and I am considering another. This is great for people who rent.

The team behind it are so quick at answering any questions you may have.

Thank you for a fantastic product.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

What a great piece of equipment

We purchased our large vegapod from the Southport Flower Show. We have witnsessed an excellent level of customer care and the company have been helpful from day one with just a few minor enquiries we have had. The vegapod and stand were easy to erect but I would advise that the instructions are re-written for better guidance. Our unit is taking place in our garden and has now been prepared for winter/spring vegetable growth. No bending to the ground to plant and the covers are going to protect from insects and vermin. We are really pleased we have purchaded this value for money item

Date PurchasedAug 2018