Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits (page 3 of 6)

Listing monitored by Vegepod

Pros

Protects plants from the elements
Easy to assemble
Simple to maintain garden

Just set it up and everything works great.

I just built and set up my first Vegepod (a medium). What a nice product- easy to build, quality materials and great design. It gets a little tedious tightening bolts on the stand and tightening wing nuts on the Vegepod, but everything fits great. Thank you for the work you've put into this and now I'll have to just dream about where to put my second one.

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Love the Vegepod!

I bought 2 small pods and trolleys in the hopes of beating furry creatures at their own game and getting to eat my veg before them for once! I’m not good with paper instructions but found the videos on the website so easy, I built both pods myself in a snap! Someone with bigger muscles built the trolleys

Broke
BrokeAucklanf

Bed and canopy don't sit flush

Hi all,I bought a large vegepod a year or so ago thinking it would be fantastic. Unfortunately there is a major flaw I would like to point out to prospective buyers.
The canopy and plastic bed do not sit flush and in some parts there is a centimetre and a half gap. This of course is quite the problem when bugs, slugs, ants find their way in ... which they do. Basically better to have the veges out in the open for at least then they have natural predators which is not the case inside the pod.
Anyway otherwise probably good but 5 times planted with one complete refresh of soil to eliminate problem has left me with 5 cucumbers and a few lettuce leaves at a cost of about $600 soil (included) , a $100 cucumber!! And I though $5.99 was pricey!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Jools
Jools

Some tips not seen elsewhere.

Garden Maintenance Products

Find out how Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

A great present from my husband

While working at the Ekka (Queensland show) last year my husband asked me to come and look at the Vegepod. He bought it for my birthday.
It reminded my again when I set up our stand again this year I passed the Vegepod stand up how good mine is. I have never been able to sussessfully grow herbs , I do now with Vegepod. It has been the best present. I have no problems with bugs and best of all no bending. I have always wanted to use fresh herbs in my meals. Thanks Vegepod a great product and well made and thought out.

Anthony
AnthonyBellevue Hill

Quality is poor and customer service unresponsive

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Barbara S
Barbara SMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best way to successfully grow

I have successfully grown many foods in my vegepod where I’d previously failed in garden beds... Awesome product that made this non gardener into happy gardener. My cauliflower is magnificent, my spinach abundant, my coriander and much more so easy to grow. I bought a medium first, followed by a large soon after, and will be buying more soon. Wonderful invention that removes the obstacles to gardening, couldn’t be happier

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021
Patricia
PatriciaWhitehorse, YT Canada

It's a really great gardening system, even North of 60!

We bought 6 Vegepods in the spring, and we've set them up on our rooftop terrace here in Whitehorse. We took great pains to set them on the watering system, and with a few hiccups along the way, we managed to get them planted by the time it was warm enough for our plants. I wish I could post a photo so that you could see, but we planted on June 14th, and the photo I would like to include is from July 3rd. We are very happy so far. The proof of the pudding will come when we have to store them for the winter, and take them out again next spring, as to their durability. Winters can be pretty nasty on steel and plastic. Will keep you posted.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
JamesVegepod

Great to hear Patricia. Would love to see the pics indeed. Can you please post on our vegepod facebook page or perhaps the Vegepod Owners FB page (not run by us). This sounds an amazing set up. Thanks, Simon.

Anna
AnnaLittle Elm

Follow-up review. Love it!

I just love this Vegepod, I planted seeds on Saturday and in just 2 days later the seeds have sprouted already, I also planted other herbs and they have nearly doubled in size. My cousin did not like or want to garden because of the problems with her back and knees but to my surprise she participated in the planting and also has expressed how much she likes it.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Garden Maintenance Products

Some issues, but love it overall

Everything so far has been great. I got tons of germinating seedlings that have been growing extremely well. The only problem I've had is the tubing connected to the misters doesn't stay connected. The plastic clamps provided don't do very much unfortunately. Often times I've gone inside after turning on the hose to here a pop and notice water coming out of the tubing destroying my carrots. I think it would be cool if you could include adjustable misters so me could increase or decrease their flow.

All in all, after getting some metal hose clamps, it works amazing and I can't wait to enjoy home grown vegetables.

JamesVegepod

G'day John, We changed to metal hose clamps about a year ago. You must have got one of the older models. If you ever need more clamps just call our office and we'll sort you. Cheers, Simon

artWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

A great asset to any garden

Date PurchasedMar 2018
art

Thanks for the tip, however, if as you say, "many people.....", how about tagging the two shorter poles for easy ID ?

JamesVegepod

Gday Art, there should be two big black and white stickers on two poles saying “use these at short ends”. It’s also noted in the paper instructions and on the website assembly videos.

We have been eating kale, greens and herbs since day 24, which was a month ago...

Purchased and assembled 3 large vegepods side by side, on the custom stands. They are easy to assemble, just take a little time. The 3 large units took 50 bags of organic raised bed soil, cow manure and perlite. Seeds germinated in as little 4 days. In south and central Florida, gardens are very difficult due to all of the pests and insects...a lot of pesticides are required if you expect any kind of harvest. These vegepods are great!!! No pests of any kind...I water once a day lightly, using rain water from my barrels. Fertilize with liquid kelp concentrated fertilizer, 4 oz to 2.5 gallons rain water, once every 10 - 14 days..... I wish I could post some pictures...you can see updates on

[weblink removed]

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Garden Maintenance Products

So far so good but I have a couple issues

I haven't planted it yet, but I managed to get it assembled nd it seems quite sturdy, but I'm having a couple of problems so far. First of all, one of the legs doesn't have enough black paint on it while another has quite a rough texture. My other issue is with the canopy anchors. I cannot get them to lock over the edge of the perimeter. I'm exerting a lot of force with the side of a screwdriver and still cannot get them to lock over the edge. So far, I only got one to lock into position. I may resort to trimming the edge of the perimeter to get them to lock in place.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Bill
Bill

Grouse! nice work. look forward to the growing pics BIll. Cheers Simon

Best service ever

Purchased a large Vegepod & Cover, very pleased with it, during a heavy storm the cover blew off & damaged it. No fault of the cover as the wind was blowing limbs off trees, so rang to buy spare bits, fully ready to pay,Vegepod sent the spares, plus extras for only the cost of postage! Best service ever!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

A awesome family way to grow healthy home grown veggies

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Nadine
NadineKrowera

Perfect buy. We love it

We bought the bigger sized vegepod at the Flower Show in Melbourne about 3 years ago. It was an impulse buy, but we have not regretted it.
We love it. The veggies grow beautifully in it. A success every time. Well worth the money we invested in it. We have had friends and family who were so surprised to see the results we were getting.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Outstanding service

About three weeks ago we had a servere weather event, i had a pallet leaning on my fence which fell onto one of the two large vege pods..crushing the hood, i have to say im extremly impressed with the service... well done guys/gals... one great product.... so cool its australian made.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
scooternut
scooternutPerth, WA

OMG!

I bought a small Vegepod from a local supplier here in WA, struggled a little putting it together, then planted it out with leafy greens and strawberries. I’ve been totally blown away with how the plants have grown in the past few weeks! I get a real buzz out of harvesting for work lunches and dinners. I can’t wait to taste the strawberries!!!

JulieBrisbane

So good

I have 9 vege pods the best thing we have brought and about to buy 2 more in the new year it Keeps the cats and dogs out of the veges. My only problem 2 have broken and I need spare parts are they available. Could you please let me know.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
JamesVegepod

Gday Julie, We certainly do. Just email info@vegepod.com.au or call the 1800 number and we can sort you. Regards, Simon

Julie

Thanks Simon. I will send an email with the parts I needs.

Farmer's wife buys. Farmer laughs, then Farmer's wife has the last laugh

ClaireMelbourne, VIC

Good product, just a few small annoyances.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Claire

Good to know, thanks Vegepod!

Assembling Trolley stand

I don't know who design these stands. The joins don't align to the bolts. The instructions are blurred copies and difficult to read. Very disappointed after paying good money for this product, its taken me half a day trying to put one together and that's just the stand. Problem is I bought two of them!!

DaZZa
DaZZaSydney

Great product, easy assembly and brilliant customer service to boot!

We purchased a 1m x 1m Vegepod with a stand on wheels.

Easy assembly and with the wheels, I can push it around the deck to get the get the best sun / rain / shade / shelter.

Upon assembly, one tiny part missing. Vegepod sent it to me quickly and all is good.

Cannot wait to see the garden grow!

Absolute Legends !

rateit
rateitSydney, NSW

problem fixed

Vegepod company answered my complaint and sent me new attachments. The leaks are fixed and everything is now working well and plants are thriving in my small Vegepod at last.

Michelle
MichelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic product, loving my fresh veggies

I bought a medium vegepod on a stand and love that I finally win the battle with the grubs for my lettuce. On a small lot, its great to be able to move it to chase the sun all year round.