Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Garden Maintenance Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Vegepod

Pros

• Protects plants from the elements

• Easy to assemble

• Simple to maintain garden

Okay but does have a few problems, already showing signs of rust

Date PurchasedDec 2017
AnnaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Finally put together the trolley.

The instructions are terrible. Had to download the pdf so I could make out the individual items. I returned it to the supplier and received a replacement. Rang the company and by trial and YouTube got it together. 2 issues I had were the nuts (27 instead of 28) and 1 of the angle trolley supports had a lip on the inside castor hole that made it difficult to feed the bolt through. Used tthe allen key to help it lock into place. I persisted and won. Hopefully won't have the same problem with the vegepod unit.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
scooternut
scooternutPerth, WA

OMG!

I bought a small Vegepod from a local supplier here in WA, struggled a little putting it together, then planted it out with leafy greens and strawberries. I’ve been totally blown away with how the plants have grown in the past few weeks! I get a real buzz out of harvesting for work lunches and dinners. I can’t wait to taste the strawberries!!!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
ClaireMelbourne, VIC

Good product, just a few small annoyances.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Claire

Good to know, thanks Vegepod!

Garden Maintenance Products

Find out how Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

Assembling Trolley stand

I don't know who design these stands. The joins don't align to the bolts. The instructions are blurred copies and difficult to read. Very disappointed after paying good money for this product, its taken me half a day trying to put one together and that's just the stand. Problem is I bought two of them!!

Michele
MicheleSydney

Challenges.

rateit
rateitSydney, NSW

problem fixed

Vegepod company answered my complaint and sent me new attachments. The leaks are fixed and everything is now working well and plants are thriving in my small Vegepod at last.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales

Clara V.7 Dec 2021
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
M Adams
M Adams

Not What I Expected

JennyMelbourne

Small Vegepod

Jenny

It was over the phone I was told I was crazy to say that my veges were wind damaged. He did not believe that wind could cause damage to plants. I don't know the guys name. Sorry I tried to forget him

I will check.
Are you the lady that also requested a compensation for your seedlings?

MannySydney, NSW

Great...but

We have two small ones and they are great, have grown all sorts of veggies and herbs successfully. However, there are two 'faults'. The product is presented as being pest free but this isn't the case as small insects get in easily through the gap between the canopy and pod itself. I've since put in sticky yellow insect catchers which does work but it is a real pain having to constantly change them as they fill up quickly with dead insects. So, a long way from being pest free. The other issue is that the ends of the canopy frames are rusting, not a good look. It isn't the nuts and bolts as they are plastic.

Manny

According to our local nursery, when we took some examples to them, one of the bugs that gets into our pods are cabbage moths.
I will take the replacement poles if they are no charge, thanks

bolts rusting on legs

When I saw Vegepod's in Elsternwick and on TV thought best item i had seen and purchased a few. They are fiddly to put together. The plants with good soil premium works well. The disappointment in first ones is that the leg bolts have rusted and will need to be replaced and Vegepod should supply with recall....

Nearly perfect

Great growing space and pest free. The only problem is the lid keeps coming off. Needs better clips to hold it on. Great otherwise and would love to get another one

Aunty A

Done that. Other people have the same problem

assembly suggestion

illustrations rather than photocopies of photographs would be far more easy to understand, my instructions looked very much like photocopies of photocopies of photocopies , certainly the product fitter together well

Sue
Suesouth australia

Great little garden, but lacks quality

We are super pleased with the Vegepod as a growing bed, unfortunately it loses a point for the flimsy bolts which gave way and broke under finger pressure- and, we were mindful to slide all the bolts in first, as per the instructions. Fingers crossed that the remainder don't do the same and the whole thing falls apart!

Novice gardener

I had a lot of trouble putting it together. The mesh is so tight the frame is a bit bent. I have not been able to secure the lid on properly as the little plastic clips wont stay in the bottom bit. So the lid just sits on top and gets blown off in the wind. I love the idea of the VegePod, have had 1 good crop of leaves and herbs. Its like I need an expert assembler to check mine out so then it will be more user friendly. I bought it when I saw the product on Shark Tank plus as an Avalonian I was keen to support a local business

Bored with it

Bored with it, bee's can't pollinate cause the lid is closed and the sun can't get to the soil and that goes mouldy.
Not deep enough for some veg like carrots

The Good and Bad

chooky82

Happy update: I got in touch with vegepod who have been so helpful. Really good customer service!

Bettina
BettinaSydney

Good but could be stronger

Veges are growing! So this is great. The hinge pieces keep sliding out though, so my cover often gets detached and a couple of the plastic hose clamps have broken and had to be replaced. If these small things could be fixed it would be perfect!

Simon H.Vegepod

Mix of good with the bad

Initially I was very pleased with my two large vegepods. After 6 months I found the irrigation started to deteriorate. The round clips which secure the pipe became brittle and snapped off. I have irrigated my garden with pope irrigation equipment and I have never had a problem using these clips in the past. I can only assume that the clips used with the vegepod are an inferior comparison. I also found that for vegetables which require bee pollination, there was a reduced yield of produce due to the cover restricting access for bee pollination.

Simon H.Vegepod

Difficult to put together but love the lid

I bought the small one. Bolts missing but still managed- had to get son to help as one predrilled hole didn't line up. Took me about 5 hours to bash it all together. Love the lid - take that pesky possums! However. 6 months later the connectors that hold the lid down fall off every time I open it. Produced some fabulous lettuce. Basil and tomatoes- now trying some spinach and kale . Would I buy another one? No- a cover for my usual pots would be just as effective I think. Have you considered selling "lids" for standard pots?

Great invention

Enjoying fresh organic veges without the hassles of weeding, bending and spraying for pests & bugs. Rabbit and possum proof. Watering system tricky and hinges need some further thought. Also maybe consideration to a pole to keep hood up. But this won't stop me from me from buying another medium on a frame with wheels.

Simon H.Vegepod

Thanks for the review DMac. Did you have the hinge clips fully clipped over the side with the little lip? If yoiu have old ones without the lips i can send you some new ones that stay in place. Cheers simon@vegepod.com.au

Waynepick
WaynepickChristchurch New Zealand

Great Christmas Present

I brought one for a friend in Melbourne for Christmas. He thinks it is great and does not have to worry about the possums and snails anymore. Also at 70 years of age he does not have to bend down to do his gardening. My turn to buy one now.

Simon H.Vegepod

Good to see the kiwis getting involved thanks Wayne! lisa@vegepod.co.nz looks after Aotearoa. Tell her simon sent ya! Cheers,

ASF
ASFSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not bad

Great idea although the current cover frame and particularly the hinges are a bit too lightweight. For that sort of money I would have expected a little better. Irrigation system could have been thought about a bit more as well.

Simon H.Vegepod

G'day ASF, thanks for the good review. If you are having any issues with the hinges or frame just email us a pic of the issue and we'll send extra parts if appropriate. Ta, simon@vegepod.com.au

Mark
MarkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Beware of wind

Top keeps blowing off in the wind which is very frustrating they need a better way to secure the top . Otherwise it is a great product. Fantastic for growing strawberries.

Beck C
Beck CBrewarrina

Love my vegepod

Love my vegepod. The kids love picking the veges all year round. Sits at our front door and the kids open the pod to play with the herbs as they go past. Great idea and I love seeing what people do with theirs on Facebook. Bought mine from your website after my friend bought one. She now has four!

Super mum. Teaching your kids well. Top stuff. Cheers

Review collected in partnership with Vegepod