Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

Listing monitored by Vegepod

Pros

Protects plants from the elements
Easy to assemble
Simple to maintain garden

Helen L.South East Queensland, QLD

Vegepod good. Vegebag no good.

Purchased in May 2020 for $598.

Rora
RoraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Materials used are poor

I spent over 4 yrs researching the vege pod. The cost was pretty high for me so I saved and purchased a large pod in 2019 at a Melbourne flower and garden show. On receiving it one suppprt brace was missing and of the bolts weren't made properly, the grooves were missing. Last year when I emptied the pod one of the bases has a crack in it. It probably would have been better value to purchase a cheaper veggie bed from Aldis, the life span probably would have been more than 2.5 yrs.

Purchased in April 2019 for $500.

Very dissapointing

Purchased in August 2019.

Frame connectors poor quality

I have owned the Vegepod for approximately 3.5 years. Whilst the overall design is good the vegecover frame connectors are made of poor quality material and is NOT durable. They started cracking into the 2nd year of use and is now most connectors are no longer usuable requiring replacement. I had it in a partially shaded area. I would have expected better quality given it's price.

Purchased in June 2018.

JamesVegepod

Hi Paul, After 4 years some of the older models have been known to crack and they are easily replaced. We have increased the UV stabiliser and thickness of those parts too. Please contact info@vegepod.com.au
thanks

Garden Maintenance Products

Find out how Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

Chris D
Chris DSouthwest, VIC

Great product

I am 76 years of age but l was not sure of one part when putting it together so rang and left a message no response from them so I studied the parts on their website and worked it out. It was very easy to put together by watching the videos after me doing all the base my son came and did the canopy and the stand which was great. Now to see with the veggies

Purchased in October 2021 at Sydney Wide Chiropractic.

Steve W.
Steve W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great product with a couple of caveats

Purchased at Vegepod.

Jodie
JodieIllawarra, NSW

Vegepods are seriously the best

I've never been able to grow lettace, EVER. In July 2021 I planted seeds - Australian yellow leaf lettace, spinach - this is September 3rd 2021. We have gotten SO much from this small vegepod - and its crisp, fresh. I recommend cutting the lettace 1 cm from the cob/end and you get so much from it. I cut and it grows. I have now got the winter cover on and its thriving even more then before. I LOVE them so much.

Purchased in July 2021.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.7 Dec 2021
Tess
TessSydney, NSW

Problematic

On principle the vege pod looks great. Upon receiving the boxes. Put the frame together found the watering hose missing and the tubes were sent within days great! I say only to find the netting did not fit. Requested replacement which was received but attempts to stretch the cover as advertised in the video was hopeless as it’s application required the strength of superman to fit it in the frame. At this stage there is a gape on two sides.

Not sure how other people get it together.

TS
Nsw

Purchased in May 2021 for $600.

David H.
David H.South East Queensland, QLD

Great customer service and great product

The Vegepod is everything that its suppliers claim, and my tomato plants love it. Nice quality product, and exceptional customer service. I had a small issue that was quickly resolved beyond my expectations - and that is a rarity these days. Keep it up Vegepod!

Purchased in April 2020.

Garden Maintenance Products

Veggie growing for the enthusiastic beginner

Ordered the large veggie pod cover and stand. Ordering was efficient, delivery was prompt and timed. Put the pod together today, please note our DIY skills are not the best. Pod was easy to assemble, all the parts are well made, fitted / connected well and were robust. Instructions were clear. Can’t wait to begin my veggie growing experience. Would recommend this product.

Purchased in May 2021.

Ecs007
Ecs007Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

A great solution for having a bio garden at home!

We had a very good experience with Vegepod and it became the family's bio garden favourite! Once we had a minor issue wity one of the rod, but their professional customer service immediately solved it! Highly recommend it!

Purchased in September 2018.

Peter
PeterPerth, WA

What Excellent Service

We have had our large Vegipod for about three years and love it. We had a minor problem that we discussed last week with the WA representative at the Perth Garden Show. The problem was remedied immediately and cheerfully. What great service - a pity other companies don't follow their example. We have now bought the small Vegipod for our herbs.

Purchased at Perth Garden Festival.

Poor Customer Service

I came on to this site to read reviews to find out what others thought of your product as I was very interested in purchasing. I have now changed my mind due to the way you reply to people on this review website. People seem to have genuine concerns and in your response to them you not only attack them personally you go straight into defence mode that it must be the customers fault. The person responding here to people is not doing your business any favours and as a result will spend my money elsewhere. Stop being so condescending and care about your customers.

No Service or Communication

Vegepod is a great concept and product, however if there is no support from them. Its only when you do something wrong is when they communicate and never reply to any emails or phone calls. Their service surely does not stack up to the "50,000+ happy customers". I hope that if anyone is going to purchase one that they don't need any support because there is none to get!!!!

Del
DelNew South Wales

All good

Have a medium and just got a small one had a few insects not to bad you have to look at new seedlings before you put in got the small one for herbs only I have had good veg all sorts good fun with good results both with tables and wheels so l can move them about for the sun

AnneP
AnnePasked

My vegepod is not thriving
Tomato leaves turning yellow
Strawberries not fruiting
Spinach not growing
Any ideas?

JamesVegepod

Hi Anne, Sounds like a classic case of either not enough sun or not rich enough soil (or both!). Please also feel free to tap into the Vegepod Owners FB groupd (not run by us!) where over 10,000 podders are all helping and sharing. A lovely mob and great resource. Thanks and welcome to the family!

Proodle
Proodleasked

I cant find a way to prevent build-up of large mats of very fine roots, no matter what I have grown in the soil. This has never happened in my regular garden so I would love to know why it does in the pod and how to deal with that, apart from a huge amount of energy to pull it all out and separate the roots from the soil

Hi Proodle,
Not quite sure what you mean as a difference to any other garden bed. Hopefully i can help with a little advice. All plants will build up roots in the soil directly beneath them for generally up to a foot. In between crops, you should pull out all the old deadened crops and ensure to take out the roots with them. Turn over / till the soil. We recommend you use some perlite throughout the soil to keep it light and fluffy - hence easy to pull out and till the soil. Some people believe in leaving old roots there to break down over time but this can take up space of nice new fresh soil or potting mix with plenty of nutrients being added in. Please feel free to contact our admin support team with pics etc and we'll endeavour to help further!

Pamela
Pamelaasked

how much is the small size

See all Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits questions

Get an answer from our members and Vegepod representatives

Features:

• The Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits are contained, making it easy to control the growth and quality of your veggies away from the ground and pests.
  • It’s self-watering - a wicking system waters the plants from below the bed, letting your greenery last weeks without needing to be watered.
  • A protective polyethylene knitted mesh cover protects your crops from pests and UV, and also regulates temperature by letting water and air get through.
  • An overflow hole helps prevent the flooding of soil, so you’re not left with over-watered plants.
  • This kit comes in a small, medium, and large size.

Points of praise:

• A number of reviewers reported that the pod’s mesh cover effectively protected their plants from the elements, and particularly helped seedlings survive even in high winds.
  • They also said that the kit was easy to put together, even for gardening and DIY novices.
  • According to reviewers, the pod’s self-watering worked well, which made maintaining their gardens very low maintenance.