Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

was hoping for better veggies!

Set up my vegepod at my cabin in southwest British Columbia. Didn't need the irrigation line as we get lots!!! of rain.. Herbs grew really well but alas the slugs managed to find their way in and ate my cabbages which initially looked great. Tried some cherry tomatoes but the 2 plants outgrew the large size container.
Nest year will wrap some copper around the legs so the slugs won't climb up and in and will stick to small growing veggies and herbs.. Even though it wasn't a great success it was still fun trying

Purchased in October 2019.

LeahbelSydney, NSW

LOVE THE CONCEPT BUT THERE ARE A FEW FLAWS

Purchased in July 2020 for A$600.00.

Deborah H.

Deborah H.Perth, WA

Disappointed, bugs still eating my plants

Purchased in February 2020 at TVSN (TV Shopping Network) for A$538.80.

Garden Maintenance Products

Find out how Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

Wary Consumer

Wary ConsumerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Limited life of some components, flawed design

Purchased in February 2016 at Mitre 10 for A$349.00.

Matthew S.

Matthew S.Katamatite

Okay product. Quality control needs improvement. Not good in windy areas.

Hello I purchased a Medium Vegepod with cover and stand off TVSN and I have some problems. The sprays leak and one is fitted off centre so not all areas of the pod receive water. The other issue is the cover blows off when wind reaches 19 Kilometres per hour. The lid also blows off whilst hinged open when tending to the unit with only minimal wind. Fortunately the hose prevents the lid from blowing away completely. TVSN also shipped to wrong address.

Purchased in February 2019 for A$400.00.

Simon H.Vegepod

Good concept but product quality seems very poor

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Okay but does have a few problems, already showing signs of rust

Date PurchasedDec 2017

AnnaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Finally put together the trolley.

The instructions are terrible. Had to download the pdf so I could make out the individual items. I returned it to the supplier and received a replacement. Rang the company and by trial and YouTube got it together. 2 issues I had were the nuts (27 instead of 28) and 1 of the angle trolley supports had a lip on the inside castor hole that made it difficult to feed the bolt through. Used tthe allen key to help it lock into place. I persisted and won. Hopefully won't have the same problem with the vegepod unit.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

M Adams

Not What I Expected

MannySydney, NSW

Great...but

We have two small ones and they are great, have grown all sorts of veggies and herbs successfully. However, there are two 'faults'. The product is presented as being pest free but this isn't the case as small insects get in easily through the gap between the canopy and pod itself. I've since put in sticky yellow insect catchers which does work but it is a real pain having to constantly change them as they fill up quickly with dead insects. So, a long way from being pest free. The other issue is that the ends of the canopy frames are rusting, not a good look. It isn't the nuts and bolts as they are plastic.

Manny

According to our local nursery, when we took some examples to them, one of the bugs that gets into our pods are cabbage moths.
I will take the replacement poles if they are no charge, thanks

bolts rusting on legs

When I saw Vegepod's in Elsternwick and on TV thought best item i had seen and purchased a few. They are fiddly to put together. The plants with good soil premium works well. The disappointment in first ones is that the leg bolts have rusted and will need to be replaced and Vegepod should supply with recall....

Novice gardener

I had a lot of trouble putting it together. The mesh is so tight the frame is a bit bent. I have not been able to secure the lid on properly as the little plastic clips wont stay in the bottom bit. So the lid just sits on top and gets blown off in the wind. I love the idea of the VegePod, have had 1 good crop of leaves and herbs. Its like I need an expert assembler to check mine out so then it will be more user friendly. I bought it when I saw the product on Shark Tank plus as an Avalonian I was keen to support a local business

The Good and Bad

chooky82

Happy update: I got in touch with vegepod who have been so helpful. Really good customer service!

Bettina

BettinaSydney

Good but could be stronger

Veges are growing! So this is great. The hinge pieces keep sliding out though, so my cover often gets detached and a couple of the plastic hose clamps have broken and had to be replaced. If these small things could be fixed it would be perfect!

Garden Maintenance Products

Mix of good with the bad

Initially I was very pleased with my two large vegepods. After 6 months I found the irrigation started to deteriorate. The round clips which secure the pipe became brittle and snapped off. I have irrigated my garden with pope irrigation equipment and I have never had a problem using these clips in the past. I can only assume that the clips used with the vegepod are an inferior comparison. I also found that for vegetables which require bee pollination, there was a reduced yield of produce due to the cover restricting access for bee pollination.

Simon H.Vegepod

Difficult to put together but love the lid

I bought the small one. Bolts missing but still managed- had to get son to help as one predrilled hole didn't line up. Took me about 5 hours to bash it all together. Love the lid - take that pesky possums! However. 6 months later the connectors that hold the lid down fall off every time I open it. Produced some fabulous lettuce. Basil and tomatoes- now trying some spinach and kale . Would I buy another one? No- a cover for my usual pots would be just as effective I think. Have you considered selling "lids" for standard pots?

See all Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits reviews

Mayasked

What is the depth of the vegepod please?
I'll like to know as some plants need deeper base

Darren
Darren

Probably about 2 foot in the deepest part

Thank you.

Riemke

Riemkeasked

I was wondering how often the potting, compost mix needs to be changed or topped up. Mine has been growing greens for about 6 months. Everything was fine however, my last lot of rocket seeds didn't do so well, they look very scraggly and now they are being attacked by some type of minute insect. There are, what looks like, heaps of eggs on the bottom of the leaves and some minute insect that is crawling over the leaves. The leaves also feel a bit sticky. As I said, have been growing greens but was thinking of trying radishes in the hope of adding some nitrogen or ? to the mix to help it. Should I refresh the soil first? Any ideas?

Jenny d.

Jenny d.asked

How much

Leahbel

Hi. The medium with the trolley on wheels and a shade cloth cover was nearly $600

Get an answer from our members and Vegepod representatives