Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Garden Maintenance Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Vegepod

Pros

• Protects plants from the elements

• Easy to assemble

• Simple to maintain garden

bolts rusting on legs

When I saw Vegepod's in Elsternwick and on TV thought best item i had seen and purchased a few. They are fiddly to put together. The plants with good soil premium works well. The disappointment in first ones is that the leg bolts have rusted and will need to be replaced and Vegepod should supply with recall....

Novice gardener

I had a lot of trouble putting it together. The mesh is so tight the frame is a bit bent. I have not been able to secure the lid on properly as the little plastic clips wont stay in the bottom bit. So the lid just sits on top and gets blown off in the wind. I love the idea of the VegePod, have had 1 good crop of leaves and herbs. Its like I need an expert assembler to check mine out so then it will be more user friendly. I bought it when I saw the product on Shark Tank plus as an Avalonian I was keen to support a local business

Bored with it

Bored with it, bee's can't pollinate cause the lid is closed and the sun can't get to the soil and that goes mouldy.
Not deep enough for some veg like carrots

The Good and Bad

chooky82

Happy update: I got in touch with vegepod who have been so helpful. Really good customer service!

Garden Maintenance Products

Find out how Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

Bettina
BettinaSydney

Good but could be stronger

Veges are growing! So this is great. The hinge pieces keep sliding out though, so my cover often gets detached and a couple of the plastic hose clamps have broken and had to be replaced. If these small things could be fixed it would be perfect!

Simon H.Vegepod

Mix of good with the bad

Initially I was very pleased with my two large vegepods. After 6 months I found the irrigation started to deteriorate. The round clips which secure the pipe became brittle and snapped off. I have irrigated my garden with pope irrigation equipment and I have never had a problem using these clips in the past. I can only assume that the clips used with the vegepod are an inferior comparison. I also found that for vegetables which require bee pollination, there was a reduced yield of produce due to the cover restricting access for bee pollination.

Simon H.Vegepod

Difficult to put together but love the lid

I bought the small one. Bolts missing but still managed- had to get son to help as one predrilled hole didn't line up. Took me about 5 hours to bash it all together. Love the lid - take that pesky possums! However. 6 months later the connectors that hold the lid down fall off every time I open it. Produced some fabulous lettuce. Basil and tomatoes- now trying some spinach and kale . Would I buy another one? No- a cover for my usual pots would be just as effective I think. Have you considered selling "lids" for standard pots?

NicWoonona

Not all that great

Brought the X-large pod was so excited - missing 2 bolts, i have not had any success in veggies growing and i followed the directions so i re did the dirt this time according to the nursery method. Still the veggies only get to about 2 weeks growth then stop. This has been the most expensive and useless garden ever it is now going in to the chook pen for the chickens to have an over priced laying pen.

Nic

thank you i will give you a ring in a few weeks when i reset the pod up again,

Robert Lowe