Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

See the Best Garden Maintenance Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Vegepod

Pros

Protects plants from the elements
Easy to assemble
Simple to maintain garden

Helen HSydney, NSW

Not bug proof

I’ve had my pod for about 6 weeks. I love my vegepod, I really do, everythigg be grows fantastically, but there’s a problem. When you close the canopy there’s a gap of about 2cm almost completely around. I’ve been battling caterpillars and other flying creatures who are stripping my crop… all my plants were from seeds so not brought in from shops etc… I’ve seen active moths in there in the evening. It’s a real shame, I thought this would be the answer to my bug problem in veggie patch. I give 4 stars as the concept is amazing and the wicking wells really encourage that fast growth. The canopy needs some work however to make it truly pest free

Helen L.South East Queensland, QLD

Vegepod good. Vegebag no good.

Purchased in for $598.

RoraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Replacement base sent

I spent over 4 yrs researching the vege pod. The cost was pretty high for me so I saved and purchased a large pod in 2019 at a Melbourne flower and garden show. On receiving it one suppprt brace was missing and of the bolts weren't made properly, the grooves were missing. Last year when I emptied the pod one of the bases has a crack in it. It probably would have been better value to purchase a cheaper veggie bed from Aldis, the life span probably would have been more than 2.5 yrs.

I have since spoken with Simon and a replacement was sent.

Purchased in for $500.

Hi Rora
This has been escalated. Please contact one of the owners simon@vegepod.com.au. He said he will be happy to re-review all of this at your convenience and hope to come to a satisfactory conclusion.
Thanks for your feedback

Very dissapointing

Garden Maintenance Products

Find out how Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

Frame connectors poor quality

I have owned the Vegepod for approximately 3.5 years. Whilst the overall design is good the vegecover frame connectors are made of poor quality material and is NOT durable. They started cracking into the 2nd year of use and is now most connectors are no longer usuable requiring replacement. I had it in a partially shaded area. I would have expected better quality given it's price.

JamesVegepodSend a private message

Hi Paul, After 4 years some of the older models have been known to crack and they are easily replaced. We have increased the UV stabiliser and thickness of those parts too. Please contact info@vegepod.com.au
thanks

Chris D
Chris DSouthwest, VIC

Great product

I am 76 years of age but l was not sure of one part when putting it together so rang and left a message no response from them so I studied the parts on their website and worked it out. It was very easy to put together by watching the videos after me doing all the base my son came and did the canopy and the stand which was great. Now to see with the veggies

Purchased in at Sydney Wide Chiropractic.

Steve W.
Steve W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great product with a couple of caveats

Purchased at Vegepod.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Tess
TessSydney, NSW

Problematic

On principle the vege pod looks great. Upon receiving the boxes. Put the frame together found the watering hose missing and the tubes were sent within days great! I say only to find the netting did not fit. Requested replacement which was received but attempts to stretch the cover as advertised in the video was hopeless as it’s application required the strength of superman to fit it in the frame. At this stage there is a gape on two sides.

Not sure how other people get it together.

TS
Nsw

Purchased in for $600.

Faulty stand

Purchased in for $609.

Hello Anonymous,
Sorry to hear of frustration with a couple of faulty parts. Certainly not the usual and we should have replaced post haste. Did you get sorted in the end? How has it been since?
thank

Garden Maintenance Products

was hoping for better veggies!

Set up my vegepod at my cabin in southwest British Columbia. Didn't need the irrigation line as we get lots!!! of rain.. Herbs grew really well but alas the slugs managed to find their way in and ate my cabbages which initially looked great. Tried some cherry tomatoes but the 2 plants outgrew the large size container.
Nest year will wrap some copper around the legs so the slugs won't climb up and in and will stick to small growing veggies and herbs.. Even though it wasn't a great success it was still fun trying

Leahbel
LeahbelSydney, NSW

LOVE THE CONCEPT BUT THERE ARE A FEW FLAWS

Purchased in for $600.

JamesVegepodSend a private message

Hi Leahbel thanks for the commentary and sorry to hear wasn't quite perfect. We have also changed the wheels this year to improve anti-rust.
Hope the veg is growing well!

MarisaWright
MarisaWrightGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great concept but not pest-free

Chris HancockPerth, WA

canopy material too small

This is the second large Vegepod I've bought. I was happy with the first but this last one has left me depressed. Since it took weeks to be delivered I've tried my level best to fit the material over the canopy frame rather than request a replacement. I've been at it for two days.
I am not sure a custodial sentence is appropriate, but whoever made these frustratingly small pieces of material needs to at least do a couple of days hard labour, as I have done.

JamesVegepodSend a private message

Fair enough! If it ever gets too tight again please get in contact and we can help sort.
Appreciate your notes thanks!

Deborah H.
Deborah H.Perth, WA

Disappointed, bugs still eating my plants

Purchased in at TVSN (TV Shopping Network) for $538.80.

Wary Consumer
Wary ConsumerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Limited life of some components, flawed design

Purchased in at Mitre 10 for $349.

Ian W.
Ian W.asked

We have excessive water in our vegepod. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Marilynasked

Can I put the canopy on the side of the medium vegepod instead of the back

JamesVegepodSend a private message

Hello Marilyn, The canopies can be hiinged on any side at all for all sizes. The hinge clips are interchangeable for all sides!
thanks
james

Ron H.
Ron H.asked

The nozzles on my Vegepod drip water and do not spray although they have been tightened and loosen.

See all Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits questions

Get an answer from our members and Vegepod representatives

Features:

• The Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits are contained, making it easy to control the growth and quality of your veggies away from the ground and pests.
  • It’s self-watering - a wicking system waters the plants from below the bed, letting your greenery last weeks without needing to be watered.
  • A protective polyethylene knitted mesh cover protects your crops from pests and UV, and also regulates temperature by letting water and air get through.
  • An overflow hole helps prevent the flooding of soil, so you’re not left with over-watered plants.
  • This kit comes in a small, medium, and large size.

Points of praise:

• A number of reviewers reported that the pod’s mesh cover effectively protected their plants from the elements, and particularly helped seedlings survive even in high winds.
  • They also said that the kit was easy to put together, even for gardening and DIY novices.
  • According to reviewers, the pod’s self-watering worked well, which made maintaining their gardens very low maintenance.