Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Garden Maintenance Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Vegepod

Pros

Protects plants from the elements
Easy to assemble
Simple to maintain garden

Bettina
BettinaSydney

Good but could be stronger

Veges are growing! So this is great. The hinge pieces keep sliding out though, so my cover often gets detached and a couple of the plastic hose clamps have broken and had to be replaced. If these small things could be fixed it would be perfect!

JamesVegepodSend a private message

Mix of good with the bad

Initially I was very pleased with my two large vegepods. After 6 months I found the irrigation started to deteriorate. The round clips which secure the pipe became brittle and snapped off. I have irrigated my garden with pope irrigation equipment and I have never had a problem using these clips in the past. I can only assume that the clips used with the vegepod are an inferior comparison. I also found that for vegetables which require bee pollination, there was a reduced yield of produce due to the cover restricting access for bee pollination.

JamesVegepodSend a private message

Difficult to put together but love the lid

I bought the small one. Bolts missing but still managed- had to get son to help as one predrilled hole didn't line up. Took me about 5 hours to bash it all together. Love the lid - take that pesky possums! However. 6 months later the connectors that hold the lid down fall off every time I open it. Produced some fabulous lettuce. Basil and tomatoes- now trying some spinach and kale . Would I buy another one? No- a cover for my usual pots would be just as effective I think. Have you considered selling "lids" for standard pots?