Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

See the Best Garden Maintenance Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Vegepod

Pros

Protects plants from the elements
Easy to assemble
Simple to maintain garden

Helen HSydney, NSW

Not bug proof

I’ve had my pod for about 6 weeks. I love my vegepod, I really do, everythigg be grows fantastically, but there’s a problem. When you close the canopy there’s a gap of about 2cm almost completely around. I’ve been battling caterpillars and other flying creatures who are stripping my crop… all my plants were from seeds so not brought in from shops etc… I’ve seen active moths in there in the evening. It’s a real shame, I thought this would be the answer to my bug problem in veggie patch. I give 4 stars as the concept is amazing and the wicking wells really encourage that fast growth. The canopy needs some work however to make it truly pest free

Helen L.South East Queensland, QLD

Vegepod good. Vegebag no good.

Purchased in for $598.

RoraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Replacement base sent

I spent over 4 yrs researching the vege pod. The cost was pretty high for me so I saved and purchased a large pod in 2019 at a Melbourne flower and garden show. On receiving it one suppprt brace was missing and of the bolts weren't made properly, the grooves were missing. Last year when I emptied the pod one of the bases has a crack in it. It probably would have been better value to purchase a cheaper veggie bed from Aldis, the life span probably would have been more than 2.5 yrs.

I have since spoken with Simon and a replacement was sent.

Purchased in for $500.

Hi Rora
This has been escalated. Please contact one of the owners simon@vegepod.com.au. He said he will be happy to re-review all of this at your convenience and hope to come to a satisfactory conclusion.
Thanks for your feedback

Frame connectors poor quality

I have owned the Vegepod for approximately 3.5 years. Whilst the overall design is good the vegecover frame connectors are made of poor quality material and is NOT durable. They started cracking into the 2nd year of use and is now most connectors are no longer usuable requiring replacement. I had it in a partially shaded area. I would have expected better quality given it's price.

JamesVegepodSend a private message

Hi Paul, After 4 years some of the older models have been known to crack and they are easily replaced. We have increased the UV stabiliser and thickness of those parts too. Please contact info@vegepod.com.au
thanks

Garden Maintenance Products

Find out how Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

Chris D
Chris DSouthwest, VIC

Great product

I am 76 years of age but l was not sure of one part when putting it together so rang and left a message no response from them so I studied the parts on their website and worked it out. It was very easy to put together by watching the videos after me doing all the base my son came and did the canopy and the stand which was great. Now to see with the veggies

Purchased in at Sydney Wide Chiropractic.

Steve W.
Steve W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great product with a couple of caveats

Purchased at Vegepod.

Tess
TessSydney, NSW

Problematic

On principle the vege pod looks great. Upon receiving the boxes. Put the frame together found the watering hose missing and the tubes were sent within days great! I say only to find the netting did not fit. Requested replacement which was received but attempts to stretch the cover as advertised in the video was hopeless as it’s application required the strength of superman to fit it in the frame. At this stage there is a gape on two sides.

Not sure how other people get it together.

TS
Nsw

Purchased in for $600.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.

was hoping for better veggies!

Set up my vegepod at my cabin in southwest British Columbia. Didn't need the irrigation line as we get lots!!! of rain.. Herbs grew really well but alas the slugs managed to find their way in and ate my cabbages which initially looked great. Tried some cherry tomatoes but the 2 plants outgrew the large size container.
Nest year will wrap some copper around the legs so the slugs won't climb up and in and will stick to small growing veggies and herbs.. Even though it wasn't a great success it was still fun trying

Leahbel
LeahbelSydney, NSW

LOVE THE CONCEPT BUT THERE ARE A FEW FLAWS

Purchased in for $600.

JamesVegepodSend a private message

Hi Leahbel thanks for the commentary and sorry to hear wasn't quite perfect. We have also changed the wheels this year to improve anti-rust.
Hope the veg is growing well!

MarisaWright
MarisaWrightGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great concept but not pest-free

Deborah H.
Deborah H.Perth, WA

Disappointed, bugs still eating my plants

Purchased in at TVSN (TV Shopping Network) for $538.80.

Wary Consumer
Wary ConsumerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Limited life of some components, flawed design

Purchased in at Mitre 10 for $349.

Janet T
Janet TSydney, NSW

Holes, notches or zip ties

I used the video to assemble my pod and trolley with no problems. Easy to follow. Unfortunately the video talks about putting together the wicking drains using holes and notches to click together. My pack contained 6 drains all with holes, none with notches. Have since found out that this is old stock that uses zip ties to connect them. People at Vegepod, could you just update your instructions please as I thought I’d been given a pack which was faulty. I can now finish completing the pod assembly using the ties to put them together. Other than this, so far, so good! Looking forward to planting!
And also, I didn’t have any written instructions to follow in my pod, so maybe need to look into this as well.

Fantastic

Set up easy radish lettuce and all so beetroot growing well and only bought at Cardiff show . I asked the company for extra clips and were sent next day. A after service excellent

June 15th 2019 Update: Brilliant piece of kit

Absolutely best pod on market does what it says on the can easy to put together do as instructions say and fill up with good quality compost and use perlite.

Purchased in for $159.

Matthew S.
Matthew S.Katamatite

Okay product. Quality control needs improvement. Not good in windy areas.

Hello I purchased a Medium Vegepod with cover and stand off TVSN and I have some problems. The sprays leak and one is fitted off centre so not all areas of the pod receive water. The other issue is the cover blows off when wind reaches 19 Kilometres per hour. The lid also blows off whilst hinged open when tending to the unit with only minimal wind. Fortunately the hose prevents the lid from blowing away completely. TVSN also shipped to wrong address.

Purchased in for $400.

Popsy
Popsyasked

Hello,
We received our Vegepod a few weeks ago and love it. Dwarf beans, salad etc are growing well but because we use our water butt could we please have some idea how often to water.
Anne - UK

AnneP
AnnePasked

My vegepod is not thriving
Tomato leaves turning yellow
Strawberries not fruiting
Spinach not growing
Any ideas?

Proodle
Proodleasked

I cant find a way to prevent build-up of large mats of very fine roots, no matter what I have grown in the soil. This has never happened in my regular garden so I would love to know why it does in the pod and how to deal with that, apart from a huge amount of energy to pull it all out and separate the roots from the soil

See all Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits questions

Get an answer from our members and Vegepod representatives

Features:

• The Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits are contained, making it easy to control the growth and quality of your veggies away from the ground and pests.
  • It’s self-watering - a wicking system waters the plants from below the bed, letting your greenery last weeks without needing to be watered.
  • A protective polyethylene knitted mesh cover protects your crops from pests and UV, and also regulates temperature by letting water and air get through.
  • An overflow hole helps prevent the flooding of soil, so you’re not left with over-watered plants.
  • This kit comes in a small, medium, and large size.

Points of praise:

• A number of reviewers reported that the pod’s mesh cover effectively protected their plants from the elements, and particularly helped seedlings survive even in high winds.
  • They also said that the kit was easy to put together, even for gardening and DIY novices.
  • According to reviewers, the pod’s self-watering worked well, which made maintaining their gardens very low maintenance.