Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

TessSydney, NSW

Problematic

On principle the vege pod looks great. Upon receiving the boxes. Put the frame together found the watering hose missing and the tubes were sent within days great! I say only to find the netting did not fit. Requested replacement which was received but attempts to stretch the cover as advertised in the video was hopeless as it’s application required the strength of superman to fit it in the frame. At this stage there is a gape on two sides.

Not sure how other people get it together.

TS
Nsw

Purchased in May 2021 for $600.00.

was hoping for better veggies!

Set up my vegepod at my cabin in southwest British Columbia. Didn't need the irrigation line as we get lots!!! of rain.. Herbs grew really well but alas the slugs managed to find their way in and ate my cabbages which initially looked great. Tried some cherry tomatoes but the 2 plants outgrew the large size container.
Nest year will wrap some copper around the legs so the slugs won't climb up and in and will stick to small growing veggies and herbs.. Even though it wasn't a great success it was still fun trying

Purchased in October 2019.

Leahbel
LeahbelSydney, NSW

LOVE THE CONCEPT BUT THERE ARE A FEW FLAWS

Purchased in July 2020 for $600.00.

Garden Maintenance Products

Find out how Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

MarisaWright
MarisaWrightGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great concept but not pest-free

Purchased in May 2020.

Deborah H.
Deborah H.Perth, WA

Disappointed, bugs still eating my plants

Purchased in February 2020 at TVSN (TV Shopping Network) for $538.80.

Wary Consumer
Wary ConsumerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Limited life of some components, flawed design

Purchased in February 2016 at Mitre 10 for $349.00.

Janet T
Janet TSydney, NSW

Holes, notches or zip ties

I used the video to assemble my pod and trolley with no problems. Easy to follow. Unfortunately the video talks about putting together the wicking drains using holes and notches to click together. My pack contained 6 drains all with holes, none with notches. Have since found out that this is old stock that uses zip ties to connect them. People at Vegepod, could you just update your instructions please as I thought I’d been given a pack which was faulty. I can now finish completing the pod assembly using the ties to put them together. Other than this, so far, so good! Looking forward to planting!
And also, I didn’t have any written instructions to follow in my pod, so maybe need to look into this as well.

Purchased in April 2020.

Fantastic

Set up easy radish lettuce and all so beetroot growing well and only bought at Cardiff show . I asked the company for extra clips and were sent next day. A after service excellent

June 15th 2019 Update: Brilliant piece of kit

Absolutely best pod on market does what it says on the can easy to put together do as instructions say and fill up with good quality compost and use perlite.

Purchased in April 2019 for $159.00.

Matthew S.
Matthew S.Katamatite

Okay product. Quality control needs improvement. Not good in windy areas.

Hello I purchased a Medium Vegepod with cover and stand off TVSN and I have some problems. The sprays leak and one is fitted off centre so not all areas of the pod receive water. The other issue is the cover blows off when wind reaches 19 Kilometres per hour. The lid also blows off whilst hinged open when tending to the unit with only minimal wind. Fortunately the hose prevents the lid from blowing away completely. TVSN also shipped to wrong address.

Purchased in February 2019 for $400.00.

Dee
DeeNew South Wales

Vegepods

I have had my medium vegepod for 5 years. I did not connect up the water system as the water was too far away. I had trouble with the black clips so I super glued them on.
I could not work out how to tie on the cover so it did not fall off so I made up my own and tied it to the fence.
The metal ends have rusted now as the connectors have become brittle and snapped.

It must be placed in the correct position otherwise you get mould on the soil.

Disappointed that I could not buy the connectors at the local Bunnings store.

But apart from that I like it and will now do some repairs and buy some new connectors.

Purchased in November 2013 at PRODUCE STORE ON RAILWAY STREET, BOWRAL for $300.00.

Emma R
Emma R

Great but pieces become britle with time.

Great product. Vegies are awesome and it is super easy to water. They grow well and the canopy keeps them safe from the bugs, birds and other animals. However, the white connectors on the canopy have become brittle in the sun and have broken and perished. I am hoping to buy new ones.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Good concept but product quality seems very poor

Date PurchasedAug 2017
artWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

A great asset to any garden

Date PurchasedMar 2018
art

Thanks for the tip, however, if as you say, "many people.....", how about tagging the two shorter poles for easy ID ?

Simon H.Vegepod

Gday Art, there should be two big black and white stickers on two poles saying “use these at short ends”. It’s also noted in the paper instructions and on the website assembly videos.

So far so good but I have a couple issues

I haven't planted it yet, but I managed to get it assembled nd it seems quite sturdy, but I'm having a couple of problems so far. First of all, one of the legs doesn't have enough black paint on it while another has quite a rough texture. My other issue is with the canopy anchors. I cannot get them to lock over the edge of the perimeter. I'm exerting a lot of force with the side of a screwdriver and still cannot get them to lock over the edge. So far, I only got one to lock into position. I may resort to trimming the edge of the perimeter to get them to lock in place.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Bill
Bill

Grouse! nice work. look forward to the growing pics BIll. Cheers Simon

Okay but does have a few problems, already showing signs of rust

Date PurchasedDec 2017