Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

MarisaWright

MarisaWrightGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great concept but not pest-free

Purchased in May 2020.

Janet T

Janet TSydney, NSW

Holes, notches or zip ties

I used the video to assemble my pod and trolley with no problems. Easy to follow. Unfortunately the video talks about putting together the wicking drains using holes and notches to click together. My pack contained 6 drains all with holes, none with notches. Have since found out that this is old stock that uses zip ties to connect them. People at Vegepod, could you just update your instructions please as I thought I’d been given a pack which was faulty. I can now finish completing the pod assembly using the ties to put them together. Other than this, so far, so good! Looking forward to planting!
And also, I didn’t have any written instructions to follow in my pod, so maybe need to look into this as well.

Purchased in April 2020.

Fantastic

Set up easy radish lettuce and all so beetroot growing well and only bought at Cardiff show . I asked the company for extra clips and were sent next day. A after service excellent

June 15th 2019 Update: Brilliant piece of kit

Absolutely best pod on market does what it says on the can easy to put together do as instructions say and fill up with good quality compost and use perlite.

Purchased in April 2019 for $159.00.

Garden Maintenance Products

Find out how Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

Dee

DeeNew South Wales

Vegepods

I have had my medium vegepod for 5 years. I did not connect up the water system as the water was too far away. I had trouble with the black clips so I super glued them on.
I could not work out how to tie on the cover so it did not fall off so I made up my own and tied it to the fence.
The metal ends have rusted now as the connectors have become brittle and snapped.

It must be placed in the correct position otherwise you get mould on the soil.

Disappointed that I could not buy the connectors at the local Bunnings store.

But apart from that I like it and will now do some repairs and buy some new connectors.

Purchased in November 2013 at PRODUCE STORE ON RAILWAY STREET, BOWRAL for $300.00.

Emma R

Emma R

Great but pieces become britle with time.

Great product. Vegies are awesome and it is super easy to water. They grow well and the canopy keeps them safe from the bugs, birds and other animals. However, the white connectors on the canopy have become brittle in the sun and have broken and perished. I am hoping to buy new ones.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

artWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

A great asset to any garden

Date PurchasedMar 2018
art

Thanks for the tip, however, if as you say, "many people.....", how about tagging the two shorter poles for easy ID ?

Simon H.Vegepod

Gday Art, there should be two big black and white stickers on two poles saying “use these at short ends”. It’s also noted in the paper instructions and on the website assembly videos.

So far so good but I have a couple issues

I haven't planted it yet, but I managed to get it assembled nd it seems quite sturdy, but I'm having a couple of problems so far. First of all, one of the legs doesn't have enough black paint on it while another has quite a rough texture. My other issue is with the canopy anchors. I cannot get them to lock over the edge of the perimeter. I'm exerting a lot of force with the side of a screwdriver and still cannot get them to lock over the edge. So far, I only got one to lock into position. I may resort to trimming the edge of the perimeter to get them to lock in place.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Bill
Bill

Grouse! nice work. look forward to the growing pics BIll. Cheers Simon

scooternut

scooternutPerth, WA

OMG!

I bought a small Vegepod from a local supplier here in WA, struggled a little putting it together, then planted it out with leafy greens and strawberries. I’ve been totally blown away with how the plants have grown in the past few weeks! I get a real buzz out of harvesting for work lunches and dinners. I can’t wait to taste the strawberries!!!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

ClaireMelbourne, VIC

Good product, just a few small annoyances.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Claire

Good to know, thanks Vegepod!

rateit

rateitSydney, NSW

problem fixed

Vegepod company answered my complaint and sent me new attachments. The leaks are fixed and everything is now working well and plants are thriving in my small Vegepod at last.

JennyMelbourne

Small Vegepod

Jenny

It was over the phone I was told I was crazy to say that my veges were wind damaged. He did not believe that wind could cause damage to plants. I don't know the guys name. Sorry I tried to forget him

I will check.
Are you the lady that also requested a compensation for your seedlings?

Nearly perfect

Great growing space and pest free. The only problem is the lid keeps coming off. Needs better clips to hold it on. Great otherwise and would love to get another one

Aunty A

Done that. Other people have the same problem

assembly suggestion

illustrations rather than photocopies of photographs would be far more easy to understand, my instructions looked very much like photocopies of photocopies of photocopies , certainly the product fitter together well

Sue

Suesouth australia

Great little garden, but lacks quality

We are super pleased with the Vegepod as a growing bed, unfortunately it loses a point for the flimsy bolts which gave way and broke under finger pressure- and, we were mindful to slide all the bolts in first, as per the instructions. Fingers crossed that the remainder don't do the same and the whole thing falls apart!

Great invention

Enjoying fresh organic veges without the hassles of weeding, bending and spraying for pests & bugs. Rabbit and possum proof. Watering system tricky and hinges need some further thought. Also maybe consideration to a pole to keep hood up. But this won't stop me from me from buying another medium on a frame with wheels.

Simon H.Vegepod

Thanks for the review DMac. Did you have the hinge clips fully clipped over the side with the little lip? If yoiu have old ones without the lips i can send you some new ones that stay in place. Cheers simon@vegepod.com.au

See all Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits reviews