Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits

See the Best Garden Maintenance Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Vegepod

Pros

Protects plants from the elements
Easy to assemble
Simple to maintain garden

Helen HSydney, NSW

Not bug proof

I’ve had my pod for about 6 weeks. I love my vegepod, I really do, everythigg be grows fantastically, but there’s a problem. When you close the canopy there’s a gap of about 2cm almost completely around. I’ve been battling caterpillars and other flying creatures who are stripping my crop… all my plants were from seeds so not brought in from shops etc… I’ve seen active moths in there in the evening. It’s a real shame, I thought this would be the answer to my bug problem in veggie patch. I give 4 stars as the concept is amazing and the wicking wells really encourage that fast growth. The canopy needs some work however to make it truly pest free

Helen L.South East Queensland, QLD

Vegepod good. Vegebag no good.

Purchased in for $598.

RoraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Replacement base sent

I spent over 4 yrs researching the vege pod. The cost was pretty high for me so I saved and purchased a large pod in 2019 at a Melbourne flower and garden show. On receiving it one suppprt brace was missing and of the bolts weren't made properly, the grooves were missing. Last year when I emptied the pod one of the bases has a crack in it. It probably would have been better value to purchase a cheaper veggie bed from Aldis, the life span probably would have been more than 2.5 yrs.

I have since spoken with Simon and a replacement was sent.

Purchased in for $500.

Hi Rora
This has been escalated. Please contact one of the owners simon@vegepod.com.au. He said he will be happy to re-review all of this at your convenience and hope to come to a satisfactory conclusion.
Thanks for your feedback

Chris D
Chris DSouthwest, VIC

Great product

I am 76 years of age but l was not sure of one part when putting it together so rang and left a message no response from them so I studied the parts on their website and worked it out. It was very easy to put together by watching the videos after me doing all the base my son came and did the canopy and the stand which was great. Now to see with the veggies

Purchased in at Sydney Wide Chiropractic.

Garden Maintenance Products

Find out how Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

Steve W.
Steve W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great product with a couple of caveats

Purchased at Vegepod.

MarisaWright
MarisaWrightGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great concept but not pest-free

Janet T
Janet TSydney, NSW

Holes, notches or zip ties

I used the video to assemble my pod and trolley with no problems. Easy to follow. Unfortunately the video talks about putting together the wicking drains using holes and notches to click together. My pack contained 6 drains all with holes, none with notches. Have since found out that this is old stock that uses zip ties to connect them. People at Vegepod, could you just update your instructions please as I thought I’d been given a pack which was faulty. I can now finish completing the pod assembly using the ties to put them together. Other than this, so far, so good! Looking forward to planting!
And also, I didn’t have any written instructions to follow in my pod, so maybe need to look into this as well.

Purchased in .

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Fantastic

Set up easy radish lettuce and all so beetroot growing well and only bought at Cardiff show . I asked the company for extra clips and were sent next day. A after service excellent

June 15th 2019 Update: Brilliant piece of kit

Absolutely best pod on market does what it says on the can easy to put together do as instructions say and fill up with good quality compost and use perlite.

Purchased in for $159.

Dee
DeeNew South Wales

Vegepods

I have had my medium vegepod for 5 years. I did not connect up the water system as the water was too far away. I had trouble with the black clips so I super glued them on.
I could not work out how to tie on the cover so it did not fall off so I made up my own and tied it to the fence.
The metal ends have rusted now as the connectors have become brittle and snapped.

It must be placed in the correct position otherwise you get mould on the soil.

Disappointed that I could not buy the connectors at the local Bunnings store.

But apart from that I like it and will now do some repairs and buy some new connectors.

Purchased in at PRODUCE STORE ON RAILWAY STREET, BOWRAL for $300.

Emma R
Emma R

Great but pieces become britle with time.

Great product. Vegies are awesome and it is super easy to water. They grow well and the canopy keeps them safe from the bugs, birds and other animals. However, the white connectors on the canopy have become brittle in the sun and have broken and perished. I am hoping to buy new ones.

artWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

A great asset to any garden

art

Thanks for the tip, however, if as you say, "many people.....", how about tagging the two shorter poles for easy ID ?

JamesVegepodSend a private message

Gday Art, there should be two big black and white stickers on two poles saying “use these at short ends”. It’s also noted in the paper instructions and on the website assembly videos.

So far so good but I have a couple issues

I haven't planted it yet, but I managed to get it assembled nd it seems quite sturdy, but I'm having a couple of problems so far. First of all, one of the legs doesn't have enough black paint on it while another has quite a rough texture. My other issue is with the canopy anchors. I cannot get them to lock over the edge of the perimeter. I'm exerting a lot of force with the side of a screwdriver and still cannot get them to lock over the edge. So far, I only got one to lock into position. I may resort to trimming the edge of the perimeter to get them to lock in place.

Bill
Bill

Grouse! nice work. look forward to the growing pics BIll. Cheers Simon

scooternut
scooternutPerth, WA

OMG!

I bought a small Vegepod from a local supplier here in WA, struggled a little putting it together, then planted it out with leafy greens and strawberries. I’ve been totally blown away with how the plants have grown in the past few weeks! I get a real buzz out of harvesting for work lunches and dinners. I can’t wait to taste the strawberries!!!

ClaireMelbourne, VIC

Good product, just a few small annoyances.

Claire

Good to know, thanks Vegepod!

rateit
rateitSydney, NSW

problem fixed

Vegepod company answered my complaint and sent me new attachments. The leaks are fixed and everything is now working well and plants are thriving in my small Vegepod at last.

Popsy
Popsyasked

Hello,
We received our Vegepod a few weeks ago and love it. Dwarf beans, salad etc are growing well but because we use our water butt could we please have some idea how often to water.
Anne - UK

AnneP
AnnePasked

My vegepod is not thriving
Tomato leaves turning yellow
Strawberries not fruiting
Spinach not growing
Any ideas?

Proodle
Proodleasked

I cant find a way to prevent build-up of large mats of very fine roots, no matter what I have grown in the soil. This has never happened in my regular garden so I would love to know why it does in the pod and how to deal with that, apart from a huge amount of energy to pull it all out and separate the roots from the soil

See all Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits questions

Get an answer from our members and Vegepod representatives

Features:

• The Vegepod Raised Garden Bed Kits are contained, making it easy to control the growth and quality of your veggies away from the ground and pests.
  • It’s self-watering - a wicking system waters the plants from below the bed, letting your greenery last weeks without needing to be watered.
  • A protective polyethylene knitted mesh cover protects your crops from pests and UV, and also regulates temperature by letting water and air get through.
  • An overflow hole helps prevent the flooding of soil, so you’re not left with over-watered plants.
  • This kit comes in a small, medium, and large size.

Points of praise:

• A number of reviewers reported that the pod’s mesh cover effectively protected their plants from the elements, and particularly helped seedlings survive even in high winds.
  • They also said that the kit was easy to put together, even for gardening and DIY novices.
  • According to reviewers, the pod’s self-watering worked well, which made maintaining their gardens very low maintenance.