Velectrix Foldaway

Velectrix Foldaway Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Velectrix Foldaway? Claim your listing.
Pete
Pete

error code 30 Velectrix foldaway, how to rectify

RobMid

WHERE IS THE 30amp OUTPUT FUSE in the battery housed?

The battery is showing two green lights and the charger shows red and green light which should indicate a fully charged battery.

Despite this, the control unit/speed on the handle bars DOESN'T switch on!

ZERO voltage is measured across the battery output with or without the being switched on.

The 5amp INPUT FUSE under the top cover has been checked and is OK.

The 30amp OUTPUT FUSE isn't visible under the top or bottom covers so does anybody know where it is positioned?

Kim W.
Kim W.

Did you ever get a response? I have same problem :/

RobMid

No, I didn't find out but to make things more confusing I tested the battery on the second bike which also had 2 bars and rode 15kms without the battery level bar indicator changing.

I also bought a heavy duty replacement battery for around $700 from 99 Bikes because standard batteries were available in Australia. How can a battery cost be 50% of the bike cost?

Velectrix customer service didn't answer email queries despite being on the Sunshine Coast where I live, but I did find out that the battery maximum life is about 5 years.

Neil M.
Neil M.

Hello I’ve got error 21 on my 2017 foldaway
Velectrix. Any ideas ??

Gardener
Gardener

I have a Veletrix Foldaway (and love it). What is the ideal tyre pressure for normal riding?

ash
ash

Why does my controller box blink red, c1 foldaway red

Carmel Hanson
Carmel Hanson

My battery is fully charged BUT the wheels seem to be locked??????

John C.
John C.

In order to reduce weight to fold and put in the back of the car I would like to remove the battery..... Is this difficult to do?

maxi d.
maxi d.

Is there a fuse that might have blown just after warranty ran out my lights have stopped working the manual shows a fuse but doesn't show were it is located thanks for any help

Bas
Bas

The spin tech C1 cycle computer computer display stopped while the bike was being ridden and now won't turn on and of course with no cycle computer there is no lights or cycle assist. The bike is fully charged. Where would I find how to trouble shoot this problem. There is nothing in the instruction manual about resolving any problems. Thanks

Cynthia M.

How do I remove the rear wheel to replace the tube? Today I was trying to pump the tyres up and the thread housing the valve sheered straight in half. The dealer said it's because I've been riding with low tyre pressure. I dispute this - I have always ridden at 55 ppsi as instructed - and anyway, I don't see how low pressure would cause such a break. But back to the question - how do you get the rear wheel off?

David Swalwell

I have removed the rear wheel I wanted to put s cog on with less teeth undoo the main bolts either side then take off the speed selector with Allen key remove the chain on the big sprocket first then the wheel will come off to change the tube. The tricky bit is putting the gear selector back on. Good luck with that. I am very fond of that bike.

Cynthia M.

Thank you. All sounds do-able. It's getting the initial bolts off. They've been done up so tight they are starting to burr.

Michelle L

Please can someone help me. I asked this question 8 months ago and a man from QLD helped me with the answer. It is when the settings are changed.Well, I am now asking the same question again as little fingers have been pushing buttons again. Dear children.....

I have a Velectrix Folding bike.
Sometimes when pushing my bike it seems to go into "walk mode" at 6 kmh for no apparent reason. I am not pushing the throttle on. I realise that you can just change the speed mode to zero but you can change the settings. Please help me.

A Grant
A Grant

Hi I have one too. The walk assist is activated by holding down the down button on the controller- different than the throttle.
Plus how great is the throttle?!!!

Sheila S.

How to turn the lights on?

Sheila S.

How do you turn on lights ?

Konewone

With the handle bar display on.
Press and hold the up button for two seconds.
Same again for off.

Michelle L

Please can someone help me with my Velectrix folding electric bike. Recently while pushing buttons I accidentally placed my speedometer into miles mode instead of kilometers. How do I change it to kms?

RobMid

If you know which buttons you pressed you should just press it again. The readout should toggle between MPH and KMH.

Michelle L

I have pressed those blinkn buttons so many times, but no such luck. It is not that easy.

Michelle L

I have a Velectrix Folding bike.
Sometimes when pushing my bike it seems to go into "walk mode" at 6 kmh for ni apparent reason. I an not holding the down button down and not pushing the thrittle on. Please help me.

David Swalwell

Hi Michelle I have had the Velectrix for 6 months. I know that if I am pushing the bike and any of the assist modes 1 to 5 are activated any movement of the pedals causes the bike to surge forward, it thinks it is being ridden and needs to assist. To walk the bike I put the assist in zero then no surging at all. Hope you enjoy your bike I do. Kind regards David

Hi Michelle.
Mine nearly took across the road a few times and 99Bikes service department fixed it for me.
If the pedals rotate when you are pushing it they trigger the walk mode. The rear hub bearing needs adjusting so the wheels don't rotate.
Get your dealer to adjust the rear wheel bearings for you.
I feel much safer now that mine has been adjusted.
Cheers, Rob

Thank you much David & Rob. I love my bike but this did scare me a tad. Xx

Young Terry
Young Terry

Need a key blank for my battery unlock in order to have it cut.
Won't a spear key or 2
Please advise [email removed]

RobMid

I'm sure both ours are different and can't be swapped. I would contact the manufacturers in Birtinya QLD. they are very helpful.

Kenneth T.
Kenneth T.

How do l adjust the rear hub at the moment the bike does 10 to ,15 KMs with out accelerating

Vicki M.

Can I ride my bike in the rain.I have a folding one

Konewone

Hello. The riding in the rain would be expected of an outdoor push bike and would be argued " as fit for purpose design" if there was ever cause for a warranty claim.

What is not acceptable under warranty is if you hosed with high pressure or submerged the components in water.

What we do is blow the dust off with the vacuum Cleaner.
Then a bucket of soapy water and a microfibre cloth and or a soft car broom.
Spray finish with the hose on shower such as the rain would do.
Then a light oil for chain and leave to dry.
Usually only done after dirty rail trail rides.
Round town it does not get dirty.
Enjoy they are just fantastic.

RobMid

We haven't washed ours yet and not been in the rain.
Thanks for pointing out the potential washing problem.
So far we have only had to dust ours off.

Vicki M.

Thankyou for answer.We at times have unexpected rain.I had no issue with my old ebikes,but have just purchased this new one

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Velectrix Foldaway? Claim your listing.