Velogear

Guest37

Guest37WOLLONGONG

Returns process poor

I had two issues:
Some of the items I ordered didn't fit even though I checked the size guide (not velogear's fault). They were happy enough to refund but they seemed to be very disorganised and couldn't get the refund figure correct
They also under-refunded me for items not in stock on another order
I have now received a refund which is close to what they owed me so I've cut my losses. I'm glad I didn't take a store credit. I won't bother shopping here again

same terrible experience as others

I bought a pair of what were supposed to be "compression" bicycle shorts,what arrived was a pair of very cheap thin translucent baggy shorts. After paying $10 to send them back Velogear charged me another $7 to cover the cost of the initial postage as the rubbish they sent me was supposedly discounted. They went ahead with this even after I pointed out that the shorts were nothing like they were advertised.Not a reasonable response in my opinion, I don't intend to buy anything from them again as you cant trust their product descriptions and they have no interest in proper customer service.

ibenangel

ibenangelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Dodgy Site

Long, long delivery time for the wrong part.

Customer service did everything they could to hinder a return and exchange.

Finally took a legal letter for them to accept return and exchange.

I wouldn't touch this bunch again (and the 5 star reviews here read like they're paid for planted comments).

Bike Shops

Find out how Velogear compares to other Bike Shops

Purchase Experiences over many years

I have purchased a considerable number of bicycle parts from Velogear over a significant period, including axles, bearing cups, pedals, chains, sprockets, forks, crank-set, spokes & nipples, brake cables. I have only experienced difficulty where I returned a incorrect 'picked' item', Zefal C02 inflator, because it was a lesser item for the high end item ordered. This item was returned and refunded, but I did pay the return postage. I have previously received a Izumi Race chain $130 in lieu of a $40 track chain but that was in my favor. I have found their inventory to be of the quality and range that suits my needs and value their product range. Delivery has been good!

Linda D.

Linda D.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Appalling Online Store. Shop Elsewhere!

If I could give zero stars, I would! Three items paid for and shipped relatively quickly. However, one item was missing and one was incorrect. Numerous unanswered phone calls and cryptic emails as to when the refund would be processed. After four weeks of back-and-forth emails from four different "I'm new & in training" Velogear representatives, they said I would have the refund processed by 06/07/2020 but that didn't happen. On 07/07/2020, I raised a dispute with PayPal and surprise, surprise... the refund was actioned within hours. I'm also out of pocket for the postage of having to return the incorrect item. I will never use this company (Velogear/Red Hot Agencies/MTBPlus), ever again and I suggest you avoid them at all costs!

Ric H

Ric HVictoria

Great Service from Velogear

I ordered cycling clothing from Velogear. It arrived in good time considering the AusPost is flat out right now. Unfortunately the cycling nicks didn’t fit. The return process was easy , communication great and the refund hit my account promptly.
What more do you want from an online store.

Richard K.

Richard K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent - better than the rest

Velogear is my go to place for spares and components. Nothing has ever been too hard and every time I purchase I'm certain that the price I pay will be the best in Australia. They are awesome and demonstrate that cycling stores in Australia can be more than competitive against the big online stores from overseas. Don't hesitate to use them.

MrSmith

MrSmithGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good range, easy website

I've always found what I'm looking for and the website is easy to navigate. Reasonable prices and some great specials. When you sign up, you do not get bombarded with emails all the time, but get enough to keep you in the loop.

Gem550

Gem550asked

Do you have the Thule Wheel Holder Spare Parts Bag in stock please. It holds the bike wheel on the bike rail.

Keerthi D.

Keerthi D.asked

I placed an order No 400060028 Yesterday(12/07/20)...I gave numerous calls to ask them to keep the item so that I could come and pick it.No one answered and no return call. Since my mechanic is putting pressure on me to complete the bicycle ,today all the way from Cranbourne, I travelled to the store , see whether the item is there so that I could pick it.The sales person was so rude on me and almost chased me away and said since no delivery date is mentioned on the order , I have to wait until I get it and didn't want to indicate any time frame for receiving. Then another lady got involved and said , if the item gets delayed it is the fault of Australian post but not with-them. I again polity said , no fuzz , if you have the item , I could take it away.Rejected , refused and chased me away.... This is for the eyes of the management to take some action so that I could get my item as soon as possible. Thank you, I am Keerthi Dias Bandaranayake. and my contact number is 043 1182 632.

sugaradmin