Velogear

Velogear (page 4 of 8)

staplecanberra

No item, no reply to emails

Spent over $600 on an item, not received and no reply to emails. For that money I'll be taking legal action if they don't send it soon.

staple

Follow up. Not long after my review I did have quite good email discussions and did recieve the item, although they didnt have the colour advertised on their site.

Steven

Steven

Terrible at what you would expect to be standard business running procedures.

You guys absolutely suck. Last order you sent the wrong colour item. The invoice even had the colour circled with "Yes correct" written next to it like someone had questioned it. Then when I emailed about it you said you would get a manager to look at it and two weeks later stopped replying to my emails so I just accepted the wrong colour.

THIS time I ordered my item and got an email on 22nd of September saying it will dispatch in 3 days and I will get confirmation, it never sent. Almost 3 weeks later I don't have it and when I emailed you suggested I wait until the end of the week (4 weeks later?!) and if I don't have it they will send it again. I was told you would look into it and email me the next morning, 2 days later no email.

Vicki

VickiGardenvale

Best Price On Strider

This store had the best price on a Strider Classic Bike. It was delivered in 2 days. Altogether very happy.

Find out how Velogear compares to other Bike Shops

Stock Numbers not right. Really poor communication.

Sadly I agree with the general flavour of previous poor reviews.
Even though they showed stock they didn't have it.
They offered a superior substitute :) but after enquiring weeks later they didn't have that either and hadn't communicated. I had to send 10 emails in one day to get anyone's attention.
Probably shows anyone can have a website. Stick to Wiggle

JennyH

JennyHParkville

Fast Delivery Lovely Basket

Next day delivery..quick. Basket was as described, easy to fit, good price. All I need to do now is wait for the nice weather to go shopping!

Do not read the bad reviews - these guys were great! Must be the new management they apparently have

I was a little hesitant about purchasing from Velogear because of some of the previous reviews I had read, but the service was outstanding, the shipping was fast and the product was amazing (well chosen by me, haha)!
I have heard they are under new management so the new manager must be doing something right. :)

Breitie

BreitieAU

Generally helpful and efficient

On two occasions my product enquiries were answered incorrectly, resulting in the wrong products being supplied. However, Velogear swiftly arranged the return of incorrect item(s), at their expense, without delay or argument, and gave me a very generous 'store credit' that more than adequately covered the cost of returned item(s) plus any inconvenience caused me. Overall I find dealing with them easy and hassle-free, at very competitive prices, plus frequent free 'gift vouchers'.

Hopefully will up their game

Tony M

Tony MSydney

Avoid: Ridiculous returns policy

I bought a light from them that was clearly faulty. They wanted me to return it to them, then they would return it to the supplier for their opinion. That would no doubt take a number of weeks, and in the meantime I'm left with either (a) don't ride, or (b) buy a new light and wait for them to send me one which is then no use. I pointed this out to them but they wouldn't budge. In my opinion this is not consistent with consumer law regarding retailers and faulty products.
I had used them before but wont in the future. Avoid them and use someone like Wiggle, who are good with returns,.

Find out how Velogear compares to other Bike Shops

If you need this product within the stated shipping times.... Don't count on it. Customer service is

TPT

TPTMELBOURNE

Me, Velogear and Australia Post.

Avoid!

We purchased $150 worth of products. They then treated us like we were idiots and told us that as they have not dispatched the goods after 1 month, our bank should have no problems issuing us with a refund. Do not buy from this site.

Justin

JustinMelbourne

Avoid. Very slow to process orders. Did not replace faulty item

I wanted to support a local business and also needed the items quickly. Should have read the reviews here first. Very slow to send the item and when it eventually arrived the sizing was way out. Was a very long process to arrange a different size. Finally got something that fits, but it fell apart after a few days. Complained but they just blame suppliers and have not offered a replacement or refund.

Unhappy

UnhappySydney

Sent out the wrong item, very slow customer service. Still waiting for the refund.

I ordered an item for by partner's birthday well in advance, however when it arrived I was disappointed to see they had posted out the wrong item. Real hassle trying to get answers from them as to when the correct item would be sent out - very slow response rate - over 48 hours. Poor customer service, no real apology or effort to get me the correct item on time.

I couldn't get the right item in time so just asked for a refund for incorrect item and my postage fees. I'm still waiting for it to go back into my bank account and have been waiting over a week.

Extremely slow packaging

Extremely slow to post items.
Item as listed in Stock.
Ordered Sunday night.
Item not posted until Friday afternoon.
Do not buy from this business.

Degz

DegzNgunnawal 2913, ACT

Took my money but product not in stock

Ordered the product about 10 days before Easter - when I needed it. Was in stock according to its website. Paid by PayPal. Got an email the next day that it was being packed. In the late afternoon 2 days before Easter got an email - product was never in stock so they decided to unsuccessfully try and get it instead of telling me. Left me a day to find a replacement product, drive 45 mins each way to get it and instal it instead of packing the camper. Really inconvenienced and unable to get the original product.

My opinion matters.

My opinion matters.Brisbane

Track and insure charge

I tried to order a trunk bag just now. The company system does not allow one to place an order without paying for 'track and insure' although I tried to delete the charge three times and updated the cart. The charge is not much but that is not the point. They should state before ordering that extra charges will apply. Also, their website is terribly slow. I am not saying do not buy but 'buyer beware' or 'caveat emptor'. Instead, I have ordered a more expensive bag from another company.

Kev

KevGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Incompetent & spammers.

Multiple order stuff-ups. The first order I placed took weeks to arrive. This was because there was no stock available. I had to contact the seller only to find out that what I wanted was no longer available. I was shipped an alternative item.
Second order I placed took longer than expected to arrive and a lot of mucking around in the shopping cart.
Now I'm stuck with constant spam. I have asked multiple times to be removed from the mailing list. The issue has been brought to the attention of the ACMA.

JAY

JAYSydney

DO NOT BUY FROM HERE!!! BEWARE!

I purchased some tights from their website only to be notified 4 days later that the item is not in stock so I prompted for a refund. A week later no refund and I had emailed them again only to be told that Fridays are the only days the accounts person is in, 2 FRIDAYS have gone past and no reply to my email and no one picks up their phone. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS PLACE! I'm still waiting for my refund I actually had to open a paypal claim!!

Wayne 59

Wayne 59Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great price and quick postage

I read the reviews saying that Velogear was unreliable.
My product was really really cheap, so I took a chance - almost $100 off retail price and it arrived in a week or so.
No problems with my experience with Velogear!
Their pricing was fantastic and delivery was very fast.
Thanks Velogear.

Gem550

Gem550asked

Do you have the Thule Wheel Holder Spare Parts Bag in stock please. It holds the bike wheel on the bike rail.

Keerthi D.

Keerthi D.asked

I placed an order No 400060028 Yesterday(12/07/20)...I gave numerous calls to ask them to keep the item so that I could come and pick it.No one answered and no return call. Since my mechanic is putting pressure on me to complete the bicycle ,today all the way from Cranbourne, I travelled to the store , see whether the item is there so that I could pick it.The sales person was so rude on me and almost chased me away and said since no delivery date is mentioned on the order , I have to wait until I get it and didn't want to indicate any time frame for receiving. Then another lady got involved and said , if the item gets delayed it is the fault of Australian post but not with-them. I again polity said , no fuzz , if you have the item , I could take it away.Rejected , refused and chased me away.... This is for the eyes of the management to take some action so that I could get my item as soon as possible. Thank you, I am Keerthi Dias Bandaranayake. and my contact number is 043 1182 632.

sugaradmin