Viagogo

1.3 from 3,086 reviews

575 questions from our users

rei o.

rei o.asked

I have bought a ticket from Viagogo ( I wish I have checked here first :( ), and received eticket.
I see everyone worried because other person's name printed on the ticket, but my concern is my ticket from Viagogo doesn't have any name on it.

I have bought different date of ticket from "Ticketek" and have my name printed on it. But Viagogo ticket doesn't.

Is there any one who is saying scammed, did it have anyone's name on it? Or no name on it?

Kelly Oakham
Kelly Oakham

I'm very worried. I bought tickets when I was half asleep!! Spent well over the odds for 3 tickets for crappy seats. Worried that we might not even get in with them.

Ian H.
Ian H.

Just been to Perth Queen concert and the Viagogo purchased tickets worked fine. Yes we all paid too much for the tickets and we will be more careful next time. Enjoy the concert.
Ian

Geraldine H.asked

I just bought a ticket on Viagogo Queen concert for this Wednesday in Melbourne. Wish I had read the reviews before purchasing. It does have someone else’s name on the top right hand side, presume this must be the on seller. I did note a sign came up which said choose mobile ticket delivery to have tickets sent directly to your phone. I didn’t press as I felt the site was being scammed. Fingers crossed all will be well.

Sarah Rose
Sarah Rose

I'm in the same situation as you. Fingers crossed that we get in!

Courtney  Hyland
Courtney Hyland

I’m in the same situation what name does it say on yours? Hope we all get in

Geraldine H.

Rob Gerrard is the name. Hope we haven’t all got the same ticket! I am in section 28

Angela K.asked

Im very annoyed that in April 2019 I paid Viagogo over $400 for two tickets to Queen & Adam Lambert for Feb 2020 concert. However, I just received the original tickets which have a value of $103 each and they are labelled as Ticketek tickets. Grrr! Not happy!

MLP52
MLP52

We paid $500 and haven't even received our tickets. Not happy

Neil
Neil

Same here, printed tickets showed tickets were from Ticketek with original price of $109, paid Viagogo $225 per ticket. Guess I'll be seeing you guys at the concert tonight at ANZ Stadium, might even end up sitting next to each other... if we manage to get in, fingers crossed. Lesson learned... never buy from Viagogo!

Angela K.

The thing is Viagogo are on a win-win! They get money for jam! Our tickets are in the “nosebleeds” section and cost the same as ones up close to the stage!!

Sandie S.asked

I printed my ticket out and there is no name on the ticket. Is this a problem?

melissa
melissa

my tickets have other peoples names on them?
i googled names
dont; exit?

Puspa W.
Puspa W.

And than what happen? I got the same situation here, plrase help what to do

Sandie S.

Actually there was a name on them in the top right hand side but one wouldn't recognise it as a name as such, I thought it was a code!
Anyway got into concert, seats were crap too far back so vision was terrible. Also the price printed on the tickets were half of what I paid!. So tickets scanned OK to get in but never again will I buy tickets through Viagogo.

Lou

Louasked

Bought a weekend ticket from viagogo for Awakenings. I’ve been sent an e-ticket to print but now worrying it’s not ligit as seemed a good price compared to others on there. Do you think it’s likely I’ve been scammed?

Jen B.

Jen B.asked

Has anyone ever bought tickets from Viago go and received tickets successfully?? My son bought him and I each a ticket last night and spent over $500 . I am now researching online and Not liking the 0 and 1 star reviews I am seeing and than I just went on Fenway parks website in Boston mass and their site says tickets are sold out. I also called viago go and spoke to someone that spoke very little English and he was very hard to understand and told me no we can’t have our money back and that our tickets would be here by August 18 and the show is the 25th ! Please someone help and hopefully give me good news otherwise hoping I can bring my son to his bank and somehow cancel this transaction as I think we have been scammed

Kim
Kim

We have bought tickets several times off this company an never had a problem. Have seen every concert without any issues.

Hayden M.
Hayden M.

Ours were from "Deacon Frost", for those who don't know, that's the villian from the 'Blade' movies. Also, the wife checked when she arrived and the tickets were indeed invalid.

Pamela D

Pamela Dasked

I have Queen tickets for Sydney2020. How do I find out if they are real?

Tahlula Sydney
Tahlula Sydney

If you bought from these criminals you have to turn up to the venue and wait in line to be told if your tickets scan. Get there early so as soon as they open you are in line. Then they let VIPS in first so you have to wait for all of them to go in (about 2 hours) before the venue can tell you if your tickets are genuine.....they will hand out letters at the venue to all those who have been scammed by Viagogo so they can try and get a charge back on their credit cards or whatever. I wish you the best. If you are rejected contact the criminals Viagogo in writing; make a report to the ACCC, Dept of Fair Trading which does not take long and first and foremost request a chargeback from your credit card provider asap. It needs to be within 60 days of the transaction for Mastercard I am told. You will not know if you have been scammed until the event. I was scammed on Elton John tickets for tonight's show - along with so many others. Best of luck everyone.

Kaz P.
Kaz P.

Tahlula I bought my tickets for Elton John way back in February last year. $500 return tickets to get there... and in same boat ... I won’t know if they are real till there. Feel so stupid

Lorelle P.asked

Purchased Elton John tickets for hanging rock on 25th January 2020 on Viagogo. Hearing a lot of stories about validity of tickets. Have rang Ticketmaster they have wiped their hands so how do I make sure I will be able to get into show

Ssk

Whats their number (the Australian one) i might have a word about my Queen ticket too

MrsG
MrsG

I bought Elton John tickets for last nights concert in Sydney. Purchased them last February, received tickets in October, had no problems getting in. Had someone elses names on both tickets still no issue. Great concert

Sskasked

Help me i am really scared... I purchased a ticket for Queen in Sydney feb 2020 only to discover its in someone else's name. I am assuming someone sold it so maybe the original sellers name would be on it but i am scared that i will be refused entry. Not worried on how much i spent but i dont want to be disappointed in being refused entry because i love the band so much and have been keen on seeing them live. Please help me what should i do? Can't even list them on resell since there might be no guarantee that anyone would buy it (maybe i could get my money back) but honestly im super desperate to go

Ssk

and mine is an e -ticket so even if im elsewhere i can still expect a refund??

Najah S.

Najah S.asked

Hi im from Malaysia , and I just purchased EXO concert tickets from VIAGOGO , and i thought it was a trusted website cuz it looks like a trusted website . Initially i was thinking that is there any review from viagogo , so what ive been reading is mostly viagogo is a scammer and i checked back when is my eticket gonna be send trough my email , and it says before 12 december . the concert will be on 14 dec , should i be worried ? I mean like im scared if the ticket is not valid . Anyone has expiriance unvalid tickets from VIAGOGO ???

Alyssa A.
Alyssa A.

Did your tickets turn out to be valid?

rhi c.

rhi c.asked

I bought tickets before to see Hugh Jackman in Sydney and was fine even though they had someone else's name on. However, I now have tickets for Elton John in Melbourne and I am so concerned with everything I have been hearing. Especially as I have to pay for accommodation and flights etc to go.
Has anyone figured out how to check they're legit yet?

Pauleen
Pauleen

My only suggestion is to get there early....... make sure you are first in the seats. Good luck!

Where is the love
Where is the love

Agree with advice from Pauleen and do not ever buy tickets from
Viagogo again!

Warn everyone you know!

Audie

Audieasked

I got a ticket for Rollingloud and I wanted to see if the ticket is legit and if theres a high amount of people that got denied at the gate?

Wayne P.

Wayne P.asked

I have cancer my wife got 2 tickets to the 2nd Elton John Adelaide concert only to find it's a scam disgusting consumer affairs in sa is investigating you scum my wife is heart broken they haven't taken money out...or tried to yet !they said they will refund what are our chances! Of the refund??

crikeyimtrueblue

Get the consumer affairs to contact the NSW office RE information as they have already dealt in the high court with these criminals operating under the name of Ticketfinders..

Hugh

Hughasked

Just downloaded our tickets for Elton John's concert at Hope Estate. No name on the tickets and the Admit price is not the price we paid. I think we have been scammed.

Michelle G.
Michelle G.

Ours are saying not available till 24 /12 as they cant control when venue releases tickets .teally worries as I ya e paid way over odds and have family from UK coming!

crikeyimtrueblue

Its a scam.. get onto them now through consumer affairs.. they used to operate under the name Ticketfinders and were shut down in the high court of Australia

estaki
estaki

Viagogo isn’t selling the tickets. People sell tickets through the platform viagogo provides which is why there are different names on the tickets etc. so if the seller scams you that is the sellers thing. I just sold aha tickets through the site and they have my name on it but we aren’t able to attend. I tried selling through eBay and Ticketek marketplace but got no bites. I don’t get paid as a seller until after the concert so hoping my buyer can get in with my tickets!

Graham P.asked

Can anyone point me in the right direction..to see if my Elton John tickets are duds..?

Marijke
Marijke

Hi Graham,
I have same concern. Mine look like legit ticketmaster tickets, but I think only way is to have the bar codes scanned prior to going to concert, which is what I plan to do with a ticketmaster outlet.

K A.
K A.

My understanding is that even if the tickets are real theres a chance that we still won't be let in as the tickets are onsold through viagogo and the original purchaser (or others they have given or resold ticket copies too(can get in before you get there. I was advised to go as early as possible to get in. Its really pretty stressful not knowing. Could end up out of pocket for accommodation and travel costs.

crikeyimtrueblue

The tickets will either be fake or back row.. get on to consumer affairs now!!

Rob

Robasked

I have tickets to Queen in Sydney in Feb 2020. They have someone else name on them, can i check, anywhere, before the concert to see if they are fake

Graham P.

Im trying to find out the same question..but about Elton John tickets...

Ssk

im finding about the same thing with regards to Queen

Jenean M.

Jenean M.asked

How do I contact Viagogo as I have purchased tickets for Elton John in January and havent received them so what to phone them to see where they are but cant find a number

Joanna G.
Joanna G.

02 8318 0255
Have to stay on hold
There should be a class action law suit against them. Sign me up

crikeyimtrueblue

Look up Ticketfinders scam a couple of years ago.. we got them shut down by the high court but these would be the exact same scammers trading under a new name..

Ellyse W.asked

I have downloaded my stickers from Viagogo for Elton John in Adelaide tonight but was wondering if I actually have to print them off or can the barcode be scanned on my phone at the gate?

Aaron
Aaron

Will need to be printed as far as I know. Do the tickets have a name on them other than your name? Some concerts check ID to ensure you're the correct ticket owner

Ellyse W.

I have just checked and they have someone else's name on them and now I am freaking out!

Darron64
Darron64

Well I hope you got in. It's been in the news that hundreds of people have been turned away from Elton with fake tickets sold by this scamming company. Well if you don't get in make sure you get proof of denial of entry from the box office.

Spr

Sprasked

I bought two tickets for Elton John in Adelaide and received an email to download it. The thickets are from ticketmaster and there is someone else name on it. Has anyone else had this happen and could scanned the tickets without problem?

Alan.m
Alan.m

I had someone else's name on tickets I bought on viagogo. The Palais Theater said they were not genuine and refused me. They even had forms ready to fill out confirming they had refused me to help me claim a refund via PayPal.

Dnstu
Dnstu

Spr , sounds like my story! Bought tickets to See Elton John on December 15th and received tickets from Tikitek x2 @ $149 and they took $1004 out of my bank account . Im going to Tikitek on Monday to see if theyre valid.?if not Ill inform my bank as this is fraud... Very annoying

Ashlyn

Ashlynasked

I need a phone number for Viagogo? To talk to a real person. Tickets for same event from other friends have been received. None received for my tickets purchase. Now i see all these reports of tickets being fake. My family is livid. Im stressing ive spent their money on a scam!