Viagogo

Viagogo Questions & Answers (page 3 of 29)

1.3 from 3,091 reviews

575 questions from our users

michael d

michael dasked

are viagogo going to refund tickets to metallica Australia shows

Jackie M.
Jackie M.

I bought a Metallica ticket back in March through viagogo as well. Considering I have only just heard of the cancellation or “postponement” today I’m not overly concerned atm. Viagogo website says if the concert is cancelled they will refund the ticket price. If postponed the ticket you hold is “usually” valid for the new concert date. “Usually” isn’t good enough. That is a vague answer and I will be asking for a refund regardless. Keep an eye on your account and hopefully there will be an update within the week.

Cheryl
Cheryl

Really hope that i get refunded... i mean they have to right? 2 tickets 400+ dollars ,,,

Purejika C.
Purejika C.

I bought a Metallica ticket back in March through viagogo as well. 1,300AUD$ I hope we get money back. But my husband he tell me viagogo is scam.!!! How we can get the refund?

Harley

Harleyasked

As an unfortunate scammed customer of Viagogo, I know how it feels to be conned out of money.

Can anybody here actually tell me whether they got a refund in the end? Did they complain to the ACCC and actually get somewhere?

freddie

freddieasked

Hey everyone. I bought 3 tickets through viagogo for Metallica in Syd. I can live with the fact that I paid way more than I should've, however I'm just a little worried that the tickets may be invalid. Has anyone had an experience of an invalid ticket?

Tony L.
Tony L.

Our tickets to the Edinburgh Military Tattoo booked eight months in advance were invalid when I arrived at the venue. Fortunately there was an organiser guy who took pity on us and found seats. If I were you I would check with the venue itself to see if your tickets are acceptable.

RunnerSA
RunnerSA

My daughter bought tickets and was worried about them being invalid. Tickets were issued through ticketek, so just went to them to confirm they were “real” and had not been cancelled or re-issued. Lucky, at the time I checked they hadn’t been. Concert is this week, so will check again later in the week...

Nooshin N.

Nooshin N.asked

I bought our Metallica concert ticket via viagogo and the e tickets which sent to my mail have ticketmaster logo on them .
Are we allowed to enter the concert?

Keith
Keith

I ended up getting e=tickets ex Ticketek with different name on them read reviews to get into event early as they might resell several time first in best dressed, ended paying double as the charged in USD without advising, Just a bunch of crooks who obviously have a totally dishonest culture. To the CEO of Viagogo could be a good business if they were honest and not a bunch thieves. Greed and dishonesty has no bounds.
Good Luck

Darron64

I bought my tickets through the official seller Ticketmaster. Just yesterday I received an email from them that said the tickets aren't available to be printed off until 30 September. I don't know if this just applies to my platinum tickets though. So I'm surprised to hear that some people apparently already have tickets.

rockmum
rockmum

Did the money come out ur credit card ? I don’t think mine come out and I thought that’s Cos of delay on tickets

buddhi g.asked

Anyone else got their Metallica Melb tix through these guys?? :( :(

Darron64

No I bought mine through Ticketmaster. I bought platinum seat tickets and I have been told by Ticketmaster that I can only collect from the box office at the venue. They cannot be printed off or picked up beforehand. They are very good seats and cost $571.43 each. The booking fee was $4.95. I hope you didn't get ripped off too much with that scalping garbage Viagogo and I hope you are able to get in. Most people pay a ridiculous amount of money for tickets and then find they are in the back row. Just don't ever use them again or any other unofficial ticket sellers again either.

buddhi g.

Thanks Darron64 paid $955 for 3x tickets..given the circumstances I just wanna get in even with back row seats!..never again!!

Jackieasked

I purchased my tickets in June they charged me for them. They said tickets were not available yet. The concert us in Oct should I be worried

buddhi g.

Same here I'm worried big time ..got my mate and his wife coming from overseas for the concert!! :(

Jess Lasked

Hi Guys,
I have purchased Metalica tickets through this website - only just realising now after the media statement released that this website is a bit dodgy.
I have received my tickets via the website and they are a downloadable E-Ticket - is their anyway that I can tell if the ticket it legit??

Sarah Q.
Sarah Q.

go to Ticketek and ask them. Its a disgrace they actually use Ticketek in their ads as well. Im off to report them to facebook

Jess L

Hi Sarah I did and they can’t give me an answer as I didn’t purchase through their website fingers crossed all is ok at the gate when we go!

buddhi g.

Hi Jess I got my Metallica tix through this crap too..but it says tickets gonna be available to be downloaded on the week heading to the concert..so fingers crossed!!

Leon

Leonasked

How can I find out if the tickets I purchased are legitimate?

Sabitha S.asked

I purchased U2 tickets for this November in Melbourne. I did NOT know about Viagogo but somehow it took me through to purchse tickets through their site. My tickets where in my inbox and now I cannot find them or contact them. I paid $400 on 2 tickets. anyone know how I can get those tickets? I was told by a friend I may not get them as the tickets may not be real. Help please.

JJS
JJS

I did not receive my tickets until the week before the event. I paid nearly $400 each for luxury tickets and ended up getting very back row $50 tickets. So at least they existed I have heard of many others that did not. Good luck I hope you get to see the concert

Norma K
Norma K

I printed my tickets as soon as they arrived which was months before the concert. As it turned out they were legit but had $54.95 on them when I paid $270 each. Back row seats instead of the ones I selected. Prior to the show a message came from Vigogo with a phone number to call if there were problems.It was + 44 20 3137 6080 plus you had to enter your reference number. There is apparently a help centre you can email too. They are centered in Switzerland. Good luck with your search. I feel for you. Gave me many anxious moments.

Sabitha S.

Thank you for that. I don't have a Reference number unfortunately. I tried calling a number in America but cannot get through. I will try this new number. Thank you so much

HFTasked

Once you’ve bought the tickets are they legit? Would you gain admittance to the concert?

Cath. P
Cath. P

I don't know as the concert is next week . I am hoping they will give me admission but will only find out on the night the 21st August

HFT

If you don’t get admitted into the concert, contact your bank!

Nikki T.

Nikki T.asked

I accidentally bought tickets through Viagogo. I thought it was the Ticketek site but my tickets arrived from Viagogo All was good though no problems and got into the concert all ok. Bought more tickets (after selecting Ticketek) tickets again came from Viagogo. So I realise that I got ripped off and paid waaaay tooo much. I can live with that. Unfortunately the tickets have someone else’s name on them but I was assured that the tickets were legit, just been sold by original purchaser. So what I want to know is has anyone been able to get into their concert with “sold on” tickets??

Brad
Brad

Yes was the same with the tickets I bought. No issue using them but ripped off with the price.

Agreed

Janetasked

Does anyone have stats on the % of declined at the door tix? I have two most likely dud tix for Fleetwood Mac on 17 Aug. my daughter kindly bought them but unwittingly got redirected to the disgusting deceptive viagogo site. Don’t really want to drive 200km round trip for nothing

Lizzy

I think it is unfortunately a gamble. I was lucky with my tix although I paid 3 x the recommended price and we had seats in the back row but we got in. Def got caught out with this site. Will never use it again.

Darron64

I don't think anyone really knows what percentage of tickets get rejected. I hope you get in but I suspect you won't get the seats you were expecting or paid for. I would recommend getting there early because if the tickets have been sold more than once it will be a case of first tickets scanned, first in.

Living lifeasked

Bought tickets for Queen with Adam Lambert for 29/2 at Carrarra Stadium GC. Anyone have any feedback on this as I am getting concerned about ever getting the tickets. Protected by bank if they are fraudulent, but let's face it, by the time you find out everything else is booked out.

Wendy

Wendyasked

How do I know if my tickets are valid?

Janet

I was told by qudos bank arena box office that there is no way to tell until you arrive at the event. Tix may work but could have been sold many times. First person to scan will get in.

Darron64asked

Some excellent news from Google! They have suspended Viagogo from paid ads, which means that this piece of garbage company will no longer appear at the top of Google search results. Hopefully it will drive it out of business permanently.

Lizzy

Still appears at the top of mine

Deidre J.

Deidre J.asked

What are the chances of refunds? Is there any help from any authorities to stop this absolute rort?

Ann M

I bought tickets for Fleetwood Mac, which is on 2nd September. I thought Viagogo were the legitimate sellers, but I saw bad reviews and got worried. My bank wouldn’t reverse my payment despite me taking the time to submit all the paperwork, so I hope the tickets are legitimate. I have lost a bit of sleep over this, as I paid over $1000 for three tickets, and one of them is a birthday gift. I guess I will find out next Monday. I feel like an idiot for getting scammed. I was very stressed about an illness in the family at the time, and I wasn’t thinking straight.

Alexandra S.
Alexandra S.

Hey there, I have also regrettably spent $586 on Fleetwood Mac tickets. I am stressing that they will be invalid as I have heard many stories of this damn awful website. I have essentially thrown this money in the bin. Let us know how you go on Tuesday.

J Piasked

I decided to resell my 2 tickets for Melbourne Queen concert as I am unable to make it in February 2020. The Order confirmation said I had paid $570.17 (no mention of currency). No refund available, only sale of tickets. Went onto Paypal and the suckers took $878.54 AUD for the 2 purchased tickets!! Tickets sold almost immediately and an email said that I am expected to receive $430.20 AUD 8 days after the event in February 2020. Am very scared that I won't get a cent back in Feb 2020. Anyone out there have anything positive to report about the resale of tickets? JP

Bernadette W.
Bernadette W.

No unfortunately i'm in the same boat!! I have just sent 3 emails demanding my money back for misleading information.As it is I've apparently sold them at a loss like yourself, and same story won't get any money back until 8 days after event in case my so called tickets I paid for don't exist.I'M FURIOUS at these SCUMBAGS!!

J Pi

Great - thank you Bernadette - you have realised my worst fears and I am convinced that I have donated $878.54 of my hard earned $ to this pitiful organisation!! I am battling with PayPal at the moment (buyer security - Ha ha!!) and they have not been helpful - a very hard lesson to learn. I just want to warn the whole world - Facebook is advertising Queen tickets at the moment using Viagogo - am going to contact them to warn others .............

Darron64

Viagogo seem to encourage people to resell tickets because it means they can charge the next buyer again for the rip off "admin fees". Definitely a scumbag company and the only people who defend it are those who are ticket scalpers. Viagogo only exists to extort people at every turn.

chris a.

chris a.asked

if i get stitched up i will make a personal vendetta to find u...i promise you that.

Savarna W.

Savarna W.asked

I bought my parents Kiss concert tickets months ago after seeing it advertised on TV. Unfortunately for me, Viagogo was the first website to pop up in my Google search. Not realising that they are a scum company, I bought what is meant to be "front row tickets". After finalising the order, I got a confirmation email saying I won't receive the tickets until 2 weeks before the event in late November. I didn't think much of it then, (this is my first time buying tickets) until a few weeks ago a news program actually did a story on Viagogo, and that's when I knew I messed up. I'm seriously considering contacting the Bank to see if they can help so I can get my money back and buy tickets through Ticketek instead. Has anyone had any success going through their bank?

Darron64

As you may have read here some people have had success getting a refund through their banks by lodging a transaction dispute. I think you have nothing to lose by trying. But they were bought months ago so I think you will need to get in contact with them soon. You might also be interested to know that there are no "front row tickets" to the Kiss concert. There are two general admission (i.e. standing) areas called GA1 and GA2, and the rest of the tickets are in the stands. For this reason I think you could use the argument with your bank that you have been sold something that is misleading and in breach of consumer laws. They would be more likely to lodge a dispute with Viagogo using this argument.

Living life

I am in the same boat with my Queen concert in Feb 2020. Think I will pull the plug and contact my bank now for fraudulent activity with these people. Never trust google first up again.

Ann M

My bank wasn’t helpful at all when I tried to reverse the credit card payment, despite me being a lifetime customer. I just hope my overpriced tickets are legitimate now as my daughter is looking forward to seeing Fleetwood Mac for her birthday. I will never buy concert tickets again, not from anyone.

Kaitlan M.

Kaitlan M.asked

Like many people on here I’ve purchased tickets through viagogo without realising it wasn’t the original ticket site. Is there anyway I can check my tickets are valid? I have purchased tickets for Fleetwood Mac in August. Thank you!

g p.
g p.

I bought tickets for Bryan Adams and Florence and machine from viagogo
Had no problems .

Livvo
Livvo

I got tickets for Fleetwood mac too and the tickets came. I’m just scared they won’t work! They look legit. Just have someone else’s name on the top. I gather the lady who resold them. Hopefully it will be okay!

Stace M.
Stace M.

Do u have to show ur I’d if it has someone else’s name?