Viagogo

Viagogo Questions & Answers (page 4 of 29)

1.3 from 3,090 reviews

575 questions from our users

sugar

sugarasked

Bought 2 tickets from Viagogo 10 minutes ago and then realized so many bad reviews, what can i do ? Can i cancel the purchase via paypal? should have read the review before I finalize my payment.

Last W.

Last W.asked

I am going to kiss concert in November in Adelaide have bought 3 tickets at over $1000 + ......... I am terrified we won't NOW be allowed in with these tickets !!!!?????
Can anyone suggest how I can go about ensuring that they WILL be valid prior to the concert ..... like now ??!!
I feel physically sick !!!
James

Darron64

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. The official ticket seller for Kiss is Ticketek and they won't be able to confirm if your tickets are genuine or not because of privacy reasons. They will only discuss details with the original buyer. Really the only way that you will be able to find out is by turning up at the gate and getting the tickets scanned. As you may have read hear, there are many ticket scalpers on Viagogo who sell their tickets more than once. Meaning that the first people to turn up and get them scanned will get in and the others won't. So I can only suggest you get there early and hope for the best. You might be disappointed to hear this but you could have gotten three front area general admission tickets for $1000. Viagogo have probably sold you $99 back row tickets. It's a scum company that you should stay away from in future.

Wally
Wally

If you have your tickets in hand and they are the section, row, seats you agreed to purchase them you are fine. Seems that most on here don’t realize you are buying from a secondary site and the tickets will always be above face value. It’s simple supply & demand. Also for those whining about the service fee. Do you not pay those as well when you go thru TicketTek or Ticketmaster. It’s the same thing, you are just getting hit twice. A sucker is born every minute

@wally
The service fees through Ticketek and Ticketmaster are under $10 in TOTAL. Not like the blatant rip off through Viagogo that in some cases appears to be over $100. Since most people are mislead by them into thinking they are "genuine" sellers, it is important that as many people as possible are told about this vile site and the scalpers they live off.

Worriedasked

I have just purchased 6 tickets for an AFL match in Perth WA for next month. Have received tickets (in another persons name). Have contacted Viagogo and they assure me these are genuine and valid. I know i have paid too much for these tickets but I am stressing that once we get there we wont be allowed in OR they also sold the same tickets to someone else. Have contacted PayPal and I have Buyer Protection so not sure whether to take the risk and go or cancel now!!

Rachel P
Rachel P

I have contacted the bank for dispute, NAB asked me to obtain the invalid ticket proof in order to proceeds with the dispute. The scan man didn’t allow us to take pic of the scanner to show invalid & contacted Arena Rod Laver, they can issue the proof. Make sure you get the proof for invalid ticket if not allow to get in.

Hilary
Hilary

My only experience with Viagogo was good, tickets were valid. If not, I would rely on Paypal after the event, they have come through 100% for me with other sellers.

Worried

Thank you and yes I have contacted PayPal and they were very helpful so I’m hoping for the best but if not I feel reassured that PayPal can help me.

Lina D.asked

Hey has anyone who going blackpink concert for Aus bought ticket from viagogo got in yet ?

I got in!!!

Kelly

Anna, what time did u get there?

Reni R.

I got in too!! Got there at 5.30pm. Outer doors opened at 5pm, inner doors at 6pm, concert at 8pm. I didnt want to risk my concert tickets because i paid $500 for two $150 tickets. Ridiculous.

Lina D.asked

Hey is anyone seeing blackpink in Australia and bought tickets from viagogo?

I did and I’m really worried if I could enter or not I’m scared

Kelly

I did as well, im going to sydneys concert! Im very scared and nervous too

Viagogo Victim
Viagogo Victim

Bought Blackpink tickets for over double the price and told that the offered ticket seats were unavailable. Waiting for the replacement tickets but the concert is starting in an hour.

Desliasked

Hi did any one get there tickets after buying from this site and were the legit

Reni R.

yes. I bought ticket in Feb and got my ticket 1 week before the concert and got in.
I dont think it is about it being legit. It is that the same legit ticket is probably sold multiple times and hence, the person that gets there first, gets in first.
I will never ever buy from Viagogo ever again.

Worried

Oh my god, I'm so worried now, thanks for your response

Desli

Google them you want like what you find I'm shattered I've reported them to accc current affair and choice

Lou-Ellen M.

Lou-Ellen M.asked

Just bought 3 tickets U2 Melbourne. Over $1000 Viagogo. Travelling from Cairns for concert. Can't believe they can get away with this. How can I get out of it?

HBM
HBM

Hi Lou-Ellen,
I’m sorry to hear you’re going through this :( I had a similar experience, but managed to get my money back thanks to my awesome bank. I bank with Suncorp and loged a transaction dispute. The “tickets” that viagogo provided were originally sold from Ticketek. Ticketek have many very specific conditions relating to the sale and RESALE of their tickets, which basically means that even though the tickets have been on sold, the conditions remain. To that end, I argued in my written transaction dispute, among other things, that due to these conditions I was unable to even use the tickets, and that because I hadn’t received them until after the purchase, there was no way I could have known this information at the time of purchase. In the end, according to Suncorp, Viagogo accepted this and refunded the money. Unfortunately there was an international transaction fee of $40 which I still had to pay, but I took that as a reminder of a very important lesson, from a very grubby company.
I hope this information helps you and you can also get your money back.
Good Luck :)

Sammi A

Sammi Aasked

Hi,

I just purchased tickets for Childish Gambino via Viagogo before reading the reviews. I'd like to get my tickets refunded. Is it possible to contact my bank as the payment is still being authorised?

Emily W.

Emily W.asked

Hi anyone going to BLACKPINK Melbourne that bought from Viagogo please let me know if you made it in or not !! Also if you went to like any other kpop group concert because i am really worried and honestly hope this isn't fake

Kelly

Can u tell us if u get in or not becuase im to sydneys concert. Lets hope we can both get it

annabelleesm

Same I also bought a blackpink Melbourne concert ticket on viagogo and I’m really scared and worried I’m wondering did anyone get in while buying off viagogo?

Lina D.

Hey I bought it in viagogo too and my friend also I hope we all get in.pray the lord of Jesus

shazandy

shazandyasked

Hi i just purchased U2 tickets on Viagogo and very worried now they will be fake. so many bad reviews. do i just have to keep my fingers crossed?

Darron64

Pretty much! If your tickets turn out to be fakes and you get turned away, try and get proof of it from the box office on the night. You can use this as proof to apply for a refund from Viagogo.

Jill V.
Jill V.

Oh God, I've just purchased tickets via Viagogo and feel sick. I just read the fine print regarding tickets and it states that third party tickets won't be honoured. It states Viagogo specifically.

Andy C.
Andy C.

Me too. $600. Total robbing scumbags. There’s a review above where someone got a refund via PayPal. Hopefully helpful if that’s how you paid....

Kelly Simpson Clark

Kelly Simpson Clarkasked

So I just bought my husband and his mate two tickets to U2 in Melbourne for November 15.. I only realised after I bought them in a hurry while multi tasking that it was through Viagogo.. I got the confirmation emails and my Paypal receipt straight away.. and the $535 for two tickets is already taken out.. I’m now stressing as I have never used them to buy tickets before after hearing some bad reviews.. what’s your thoughts??

Also I’ve just realised the actual public tickets haven’t gone on sale yet.. only U2 club members.. and only realising now it’s a secondary tickets sale site.. I guess that’s how?

Darron64

Viagogo often sell the expectation of a ticket, not an actual real ticket. We suspect they either have staff members buying tickets when they go on general sale and then reselling them at inflated prices, or they wait for ticket scalpers to list them and then pass those on to you. I suspect the former because it makes no sense a scalper would want to wait till November to get their money. Either way there is no guarantee your tickets aren't fake. I also guarantee you won't get the seat area you paid for. Most tickets this sham company sell are at or near the back row.

Candz
Candz

Join the Facebook group victimsof viagigo Australia and they will explain what to do

Emily W.

Emily W.asked

Hi i was wondering if anyone going to BLACKPINK in Australia, Melbourne? Becuase im going Syd and melbourne concert is before Syd so i was really wondering if you people were able to make it in with buying tickets from viagog??

Lina D.

Did u buy from viagogo I bought it too not realising viagogo is bad I hope I get in though

Gina Kasked

I purchased 2 tickets to see Elton John on November 1st 2019. Then I decided to sell them. Why am I receiving the message
Your listing is under review for so long?

Gina K

I will perform my own Google review. This whole set up is a scam to begin with. I purchased 2 tickets from who I thought was Ticketmaster yet it was from Viagogo. I was just informed by them that my tickets had been sold yet they would be keeping some of the proceeds from the sale.??? Scammers

Alexiasked

Hello, I just recently, out of a spur-of-the-moment decision bought tickets on viagogo for a monsta x (kpop) concert next week. Little did I know after reading reviews how dodgy viagogo appears to be?! How likely do you think they will work, as I am very concerned :( Also, I have just noticed my tickets look strange and I'm wondering if they're faux?????
If I do end up going/lining up I'll let you know if I actually managed to get in...

Kelly

Uhh honestly i really hope you get in to see monsta x... such kings, am i also concered my tickets wont work i honestly just dont know anymore

Alexi

did you also buy tickets from viagogo??

Kelly

Yes i did, i wish i really didnt, lets hope we can get in!

Brod

Brodasked

Has anyone brought tickets for the Underworld show at Vivid, Sydney for this weekend? I am worried they are scammed tickets as only Opera House sells them I see? My partner paid around $700 for two tickets.. has anyone received/brought tickets for this show? Thanks

Darron64

Gosh you guys were scammed bad. The most expensive premium tickets were $129 each, and the cheapest D reserve were $79, so it looks like a ticket scalper got a good pay day from you. I haven't bought tickets to the event, but all I can say is that I hope your tickets are not fake. You won't know till you get them scanned at the door. Good luck. Let this be a good lesson to everyone here that Viagogo will rip you off badly, even if your tickets are genuine.

David Banham
David Banham

Hi Brod, I can only say I hope your tickets are genuine. I bought a ticket to see the Eagles in Melbourne through Viagogo and the ticket they sent me didn't have a bar code and it had someone else's name on it. Viagogo say they are ticket resellers and they tell you not to worry about someone else's name being on the ticket. I got to Rod Laver arena in Melb and the ticket was checked at the ticket office and they said it was not valid and was a scam. $400 down the drain. On top of that you can't contact them to complain. They have it well covered.
There was another couple in front of me with same issue. Their ticket had a bar code but it wasn't genuine. Scammed as well.
I will only ever buy now through a genuine seller ie: Ticketek or Ticketmaster etc.
Good luck with your tickets!!

egleasked

hello, so i bought tickets on 03.01 to a bts concert in paris on 06.07 and i’m getting stressed reading these reviews. I just wanted to ask when will they come and did i get scammed and did any of you buy it? (and i bought them when they were released only a couple of hours ago so i don’t know if i got scammed)

Kelly

I brought blackpinks tickets for sydney on 15.6, can u write a review to see if u did get in or not?, but thinking that u brought them a couple hours after, i honestly think u will be fine

egle

you should get in touch with them on twitter and make sure to check what kind of tickets you got. cuz i though we ordered normal tickets, turns out their e-tickets so we just got it sent to our email and printed it out. i’ll tell you if i got in!

Kelly

Okay thank you please do!!! I really really hope you can get in!!

Kristin W.

Kristin W.asked

I have purchased tickets to Queen and Adam Lambert next year in Sydney. I’m nervous now as I have been hearing things about Viagogo. Should I be concerned. What can I do to check the authenticity?
Regards!

Darron64

The only official seller of these tickets for the Sydney concerts is Ticketek. I'm sorry to say that there is no way you'll be able to check the authenticity until you turn up on the day and get them scanned at the door. Ticketek won't be able to tell you for privacy reasons. Hopefully you will get in ok, but don't buy tickets through Viagogo again because as you can see from many reviews here they do sell a lot of fake tickets.

Don G.
Don G.

Just a bunch or crooks.

Ssk
Ssk

i have done the same too, im really scared because i just hope i get in and don't be dissapointed.

Jessica T.

Jessica T.asked

Is Viagogo worth buying from ticket sales and will they work on the day

Ben
Ben

Kelly

Did ur tickets work for you

SamG64
SamG64

No way they are con artists and scammer. I am still waiting for tickets 22 hrs b4 the gig I made a huge mistake

Hannah D.

Hannah D.asked

Hello just wondering when you will be sending me my awkenings Amsterdam ticket I bought it in March

Joe D.

Joe D.asked

Anyone purchased cricket world cup tickets and not received them yet?