Vicks Baby Balsam

Vicks Baby Balsam

See the Best Child Medications in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Vicks? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

knickerz
    knickerzQueensland, Australia

Helpful addition to bubs first aid kit

I am a true believer in the placebo effect.

This makes me feel like I'm helping bubby ahha. A little rubbed into chest, neck, back and his feet after a bath and in the morning. I remember my mum rubbing Vicks into me as a child so I can only think how amazing this must feel warming bubs little chest and helping his little nose breathe easier between sniffles.

I have read too that people rub a ton on bubs feet and bam the cold is gone overnight alas... This did not work for us and I had high hopes.

Handy to have and will continue to use during his sickly times.

skivvy01
    skivvy01WA, 6162

Good

I've found Vicks Baby Balsam great when my little boy is chesty and blocked up. We use it in combination with a Vicks vaporizer to clear out my boys chest and help him sleep when he has a bad sinus cold in winter. It isn't too sticky and greasy and doesn't stain his pj's either which is great. I even use it instead of the regular vicks as I have sensitive skin too, I sometimes find the regular vicks leaves my skin a little rashy but the baby vicks doesn't.
    The baby vicks has a nice smell and is good on sensitive skin.
    Nothing for us.

tanyajane
    tanyajane

Good

Overall, I like this prodcut and use it when my child has a stuffy nose. It helps clear the nose and helps him get to sleep. The fragrance is not as strong as the original and it is easy to apply. Be careful, a little goes a long way. This prodcut lasts a long time and works out to be ecconomical. I find this useful to keep in the first aid cupboard for the times when he is stuffy before bed. I also rub it on the chest if he is really congested and has flu symptoms.
    Easy to uuse formula, gentle smell not as strong as the original.
    Leaves a sticky residue and can stain sheets/ clothing

pennie
    pennie

Good

my overall opinion of vicks baby balsam is that this is a great product for infants and the sent isnt overwellming and also clears her nose very quickly which is a relief for me. The price for this product is reasonable and the tub last for a very long time as you only have to apply a little bit at a time
    i use vicks baby balsam all the time when my child is sick as the smell is not that strong and clears the nose very quickly and easily, the container it comes in is easy for use and last a very long time
    there is not much wrong with this product bar that once applied everything sticks to it

Child Medications

Find out how Vicks Baby Balsam compares to other Child Medications

katpaul
    katpaul

Good

This is a great product. It is milder than the traditional vicks vapour rub but still seems to help the little ones congestion. My four year old asks for it when she is sick. I use it on their chest and back and feet (with socks on top)
    When little ones are sick it can be so frustrating to not be able to help them. This is a great product for baby with a cold. I use it on their feet with socks on top, and on their chest and back. Really seems to help with congestion and breathing.
    none - this is a staple in our home~

babyblade86
    babyblade86

Good

A great product for baby if they are sick or congested. The red bumps weren't of concern as I could barely notice them but as a precaution I used it only once a day.
    The weaker strength to normal Vicks rub but still has a good aroma. Helps keep baby's chest and back warm when sick and definatly helps baby to breath a little more clear.
    I could only apply this to my 5 month old son's skin once a day as he would get very tiny red bumps on his skin if I used too much on him.

fingaltracy
    fingaltracyNSW, 2315

Good

Vicks has been around for as long as I can remember, and no doubt longer,always had it in the medicine cabinet and the baby version is no exception.I did find with my son when he was little that he did get a bit of a blood nose if he got too bigger wiff if it, however I think it is him as he seems to have thin vessel walls in his nose.Very mild smell and great for the winter medicine cabinet, does help dry up the nose.
    Very gentle nice smelling,reputable brand.
    My son had a few problems with blood noses after using this.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
    Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
    Avleen M.
    christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

altopia
    altopia

Good

I really like the fragrance or the essential oils and have also used this product on my older child and it also helped him relax when he was feeling off colour. A little goes a long way, and it is a nice way to bond with your baby and help him settle before bed.
    Vicks baby balsm is very gentle and soothing. It has a lovely relaxing scent and helps my fussy baby to settle into a nice deep sleep. It is a reasonable price and the jar is a nice convenient size.
    there is nothing I don't like about this product.

jkstout