Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer

Vicks Warm Steam Vaporizer (page 2 of 14)

See the Best Vaporisers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Bushra

BushraSydney, NSW

Safety hazard.Please don't buy this product

I bought this product few weeks ago. After hardly using 2 weeks one morning it caused power failure in certain areas of my house. The moment i used to switch it on it caused power failure from the main switch board. Its a faulty product and it can cause short circuit in home. I did not expect such poor qualify from a brand like vicks.

Purchased in July 2019 at Priceline for $74.99.

Noise Level
Smell

poorly designed

1. reservoir is poorly designed and is a pain to properly empty and clean
2. heating unit design and build quality leaves a lot to be desired.
the unit I have builds up water inside the electrical components over a few nights.
(bear in mind, I've been diligent with draining and cleaning the unit after every use)
the build up of water inside the electronics has caused the electrical components to corrode to the point of causing an electrical short that trips the house circuit breaker.

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths for $59.95.

Noise Level
Smell

Very disappointed - Product is faulty.

I purchased the humidifier upon advice from my GP and thought buying Vick’s branded product (based on the reputation of their products) would be money well spent.

Well I was totally wrong! This product worked well the first few nights, but now it trips my power off every time. I took it to my parents house and the same power tripping issue occurred. This product is definitely faulty.

I have emailed cservice@fgb.com.au regarding this faulty product, but have not received a reply. Might have to contact Consumer Affairs next to lodge a formal complaint.

Purchased in May 2019 at ALDI for $58.99.

evlahos64
evlahos64
Clarke

ClarkeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Keeps tripping the power

Worked great last night after buying it, but now no matter which power point it's plugged into it trips the surge safety switch at the main and. Not sure if other people have had the same problem?

Purchased in August 2019 at Big W for $66.00.

Sue

SueSydney, NSW

Power Short out

We bought Vick's vapo steam for our infant baby it start giving problems within 15 days, power starts tripping every time we turn it on. We can hardly keep it on for 5 mins

Purchased in August 2019 at Priceline for $80.00.

C V.

C V.Perth, WA

Thoughtless design

There is no thought process in the design of this thing. Firstly, very bulky and difficult to carry, second remaining water is hard to tip out. There is no proper drain. Third, it is a struggle to fit the parts together. Not recommended.

Purchased in May 2019 at Priceline.

CarlaVicks Vaporizers & Thermometers

Thankyou for your feedback, which has been noted. Kind Regards, Vicks.

Tmosman

TmosmanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Disappointed

Purchased in July 2019 at Priceline for $60.00.

Helen

HelenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Trips the power!

I’m so disappointed to read how many other people this has affected. I really need a good working vaporizer for my sick toddler and unfortunately I am not able to use this at all now.
Very upsetting to feel I’ve wasted my money

Purchased in July 2018 at Amcal for $60.00.

Noise Level

Don’t Waste Your Money. Trips Out Power!!

Would not recommend buying this vaporiser. Bought to relieve cold congestion in sick child. First night worked well however second night went to turn on the vaporiser and it kept tripping the power out. Seems to be a common issue with this product going by previous reviews. It’s a shame I didn’t read these before wasting my money on this faulty product. Additional note cannot completely empty the container either, messy and cumbersome.

Purchased in May 2019 at Terry White Chemmart Physical store.

Poor quality - poor design

Hard to clean the water bowl. Water always remains and can’t be tipped out. The build quality is cheap and ours shorted out after 12 months. Look elsewhere if you want one that lasts.

Purchased in August 2018.

Noise Level
Smell

product shortenes out my power every time I use it called given phone no. no longer in service. Email returned :(

Shortens out electric does not work.phone number not working for help email returns :( product dies not work! I need someone to contact me to give me advice what to do

Purchased in June 2019 at Target Australia for $60.00.

CarlaVicks Vaporizers & Thermometers

Waste of money ,trips the power

Waste of money. Used this once . Went out to the chemist because my son was sick with bronchitis and need help with congestion. Used it once for about 35 mins. Was pretty loud . Tried using it again the next night and it tripped out power 3 times. Went out and brought the euky bear one instead. Seems better and quieter !

Purchased in July 2019 at Terry White Chemmart for $75.00.

Kylie
Kylie

Faulty Unit

We purchased our Vicks Vappurisor from a chemist about 3-4 weeks ago and it already has stopped working. It trips out out RCD whenever its is switched on, so have stopped using the unit

Purchased in April 2019 at Terry White Chemists for $65.00.

Marcus Stephens
Marcus Stephens

Unit has V188 X-AUS
230-240V-50Hz 240-260W

RobinPerth, WA

Horrible experience

I bought one from cannington pharmacy 4lesspharmacy and when I switch it on the whole circuit broken. And the disgusting pharmacy didn’t give me replacement or refund Dont purchase this product ever

Any way after the vicks company mages me to replace new one .Thanks for that service and hopefully it works.

Purchased in June 2019 at Pharmacy 4 Less for $69.00.

Robin

Yes they refered me to gumtree to sell it to some body online.How a faulty one ?And I left that in the pharmacy and tell them to put the n rubbish.Dont make this type of products as lot of customers complaing about same fault

ReenSydney, NSW

Faulty

I bought this just 3 weeks back and it’s tripping my switch it’s so annoying I don’t know what to do. I think I ve missed the bill as well, believing that the product will be great I dint think of keeping the bill I don’t know what to do now I don’t know who to ask can somebody help plz.

Purchased in May 2019 at Cincotta Chemist Physical store for $49.99.

Reen

My email address is areen_nida@yahoo.co.in plz have a look and reply me

Shawn

ShawnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quite bad, but got worse....

We purchased from a deal on Priceline. This product was recommended by a Naturopath for our children. It never quite fit (locked into position) and very little steam would actually come out of it. We used for a few months then stopped working! Well, not only would it not work, it short cercuits the entire house. We tried several more times but keeps tripping the breaker and we tried in several sockets - no luck! :/

Purchased in January 2019 at Priceline for $60.00.

nongmoo

nongmooSydney

Does the job, shocking design

I find this unit does what it is supposed to. I have been using it mainly in the winter time for the past couple of years.
The biggest most annoying thing with this unit is the design!
The water reservoir is very hard to complete empty to clean, you can't just pour the water out you have to shakr the unit to get the water out. The other thing is how the actual vapouriser part fits into the water reservoir its really hard to connect both pieces together.
I hope the design has changed when I go to buy a new one otherwise I'll be looking at other brands

Purchased in May 2017 at Pharmacy .

CarlaVicks Vaporizers & Thermometers

Thankyou for sharing your thoughts on the design. We'll pass your feedback on. Kind Regards, Vicks.

MrsMH

MrsMHWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

New unit is Tripping power

I have owned a Vick’s vaporiser for many years and it is still going strong, however we just purchased a new one on 6th June 2019 and it has started to trip our power out, at this stage we can’t locate our receipt, but we do have the transaction on our bank statement.

After reading reviews it appears there are quite a lot of these cases as of recent, maybe the product needs to be looked into more?

Purchased in June 2019 at Good Price Pharmacy Kingaroy for $52.45.

mickwillIllawarra, NSW

This product should be removed from sale it is downright dangerous

After one weeks intermittent use the unit arced and a flame shot out of the top, luckily I was present !!!!Needless to say the power was blown.

I will return to Aldi and strongly suggest they have a duty of care to remove this item this from sale.

Purchased in May 2019 at Aldi for $58.99.

mickwill

I have just emailed cservice@fgb.com.au with my details.

BlondeIntrovert1971

BlondeIntrovert1971South East Queensland, QLD

Tripped Safety Switch Twice

Bought at aldi a week ago and worked well for four days before tripping our power twice today. The unit was also difficult to empty. Its a pity about the design and electrical issues as the overall experience of using the machine and vapour fluid was lovely and soothing for my hayfever. Returned today for a refund.

Purchased in May 2019 at ALDI for $58.00.

Hi there
We're sorry to hear this has happened. We're glad you've managed to get a replacement from Aldi. Our sincere apologies for your experience - this information has been passed on to our quality department.
Thankyou, Vicks.

leeanneasked

I'll be needing a new vaporizer soon, wanting to swap from euky bear as the stuff inside the lid keeps breaking off, but am not wanting a bad vicks one should i wait until 2020

Hi Leanne
The honest answer to that is possibly hold, for the moment. We have stopped distributing any vaporizers from the faulty batch, but there are still some out there, which we are managing. We have speedily ordered a new (issue-free) batch from the US which is on its way but not sure on delivery timeline as yet.
For your interest we are the same company that distribute Euky Bear, so aware of the issue you're talking about with the peeling coating. It hasn't affected all Euky Bear units, and the ones which have it, are not a safety or health risk (we've had the material tested, it's non toxic, but it is a coating that's needed to heat-proof the unit and so they are considered faulty nonetheless). You might try a replacement Euky Bear first, if yours is still under warranty?
Hope this information is helpful. Contact our customer service centre on 1800 655 841 or cservice@fgb.com.au if we can help. Kind Regards, Vicks.

leeanne

It's out of warranty both my euky bear this and the one before did the same thing

Ann K.

Ann K.asked

Is it normal for the vicks vaporizer to get hot when turned on and can I run the vaporizer all night?

CarlaVicks Vaporizers & Thermometers

Hi Ann, it is. It's normal for the vaporizer to get quite hot - internally it needs to boil the water to create steam, so it will be hot to touch, particularly around the vents. It's also quite safe to run all night, and is designed to run around 12 hours consistently. Kind Regards, Vicks.

Colin

Colinasked

Can I put the Vaporizer on a wood surface?

Hi Colin
We don't recommend placing the vaporizer on a wood surface due to the very slight risk of spills or steam damage. Placing a towel underneath would be preferable if you can't put it on a carpeted surface. Kind Regards, Vicks.

Get an answer from our members and Vicks Vaporizers & Thermometers representatives

CategoryVaporisers