Victa 16" Razor Cut 881878

MPN: 881878

8 questions from our users

Karen A.

Karen A.asked

Just unpacked and put together my vista push mower but it wont go forward only backwards. Is this where is should adjust the back plate with an Allen key?

Aaron M.
Aaron M.

Yes. If you flip the mower and try and spin the blades, you should notice that one or more may be hitting the plate. Adjust it very slightly, on both sides with the Allen key until the blades at passing the plate with a little contact so that they will cut the grass.

Read the manual if you have issues

Evelyn H.

Evelyn H.asked

First time I used this manual mower it was as it should be. The second time, a few weeks later it will NOT go forward as the blade(S) seem to be locked up and yet I can go backwards! As others have commented the blade seems to be locked up and yet it is almost brand-new! Is it worth my time to keep trying or is it a "white elephant"? Victa was a trusted brand so PLEASE keep the faith.

Liza Ryan O.
Liza Ryan O.

I tried adjusting the bar that seemed to jam the blades and then the blades rotated freely but still wouldn’t cut. I returned mine and received a full refund. I would advise you to do the same. I agree that it is such a shame coming from Victa

JimA
JimA

Blades are flimsy and bend easily causing them to jam. I suggest you try another mower.

Cath A.

Cath A.asked

My victa push mower continually locks up on the right hand wheel. The only way I can get it to go is to wind the blades backwards but it is a constant job. There is nothing obstructing the blades and the grass is short. I am not at all mechanical but could it be something within the wheel itself.

Kym D.

Kym D.asked

where can I download the assembly manual with adjustment instructions

James

Jamesasked

First time used, wheels locked moving forward! Can’t find any obstruction. Any thoughts????

If there is no obvious obstruction I am not sure why it is not moving forward. The only thing I can think is there is something in the blades (the action is like a scissor with a blade pushing against a bar to cut the grass) that you cannot see. If it is fully locked you may have to return it as defective, but I am tipping there is something you cannot see. The mechanism is very simple with few things to go wrong.

Emtedee
Emtedee

When mine jams I gently press the blades with my foot (wearing protective boots of course!) and it usually unblocks at first attempt, if not I try again but move backwards first.

ShirlzAasked

Hey , just bought a house and back yard patchy couch struggling but growing. Push mower was work fantastically then jammed, wont go forward . Adjusted but still jammed . Can you hose them in case of sand in wheels ??

Blackberry user

Yes you can hose them, but you need to then lubricate them to ensure moisture doesn't cause rust. I am surprised that sand could cause a jam like that - it is more likely that there is something in the blades themselves far more substantial like a twig. The push mowers work like scissors in a way. One blade is pushed towards another by the rotation of the cylinder. The grass blade is trapped between the two, then cut like fabric would be by a pair of scissors. I can't see how sand would have gotten into wheels because the wheels are solid.

ShirlzA

Thank you, will put gloves on to check and ofcourse I would lubricate after hosing .
WD40 or Inox ok ??

Elizabeth C

Elizabeth Casked

I purchased the Victoria 16in razor cut mower only 4 mos ago. Was working a treat until I leant it to someone who had different grass and needed to adjust height setting and had some trouble with it. They also adjusted the two alen key screws on the underside . I'm now not able to use it and get the results I'm used to . It now churns rather than cuts grass as if it's lost its razor cut effectiveness. No matter what adjustments I make I'm not able to get results . Can you suggest what I should do from here?

Blackberry user

Although self sharpening, maybe the blades have been dulled. Additionally, it sounds as though the blade is not connecting with enough force against the bar. Like scissors, you need to have them closely meet to cut effectively. You sound like you have adjusted accordingly but still no joy. your friend used it within its parameters and now it doesn't work well it may be a warranty claim.

Rex
Rex

Hi Elizabeth.
I know exactly what you are going through, the mower really is awkward and amazed Victor have put their name on this mower, I would suggest you return it if you have receipt, when I returned mine Bunnings said they have had a few returned. The only thing I can suggest is buy a petrol one like I eventually did, it seems trying to help the environment is hard these days. Sorry but it's a bad design and will drive you nuts with the adjustments. Nick.

Erica10x3

Erica10x3asked

On not-too-long grass, is it reasonable to push along?
Our petrol mower was a real effort to push around so I'm concerned about the effort required. I don't mind a work-out, so long as it's not back breaking!

JenP
JenP

It's fine on not so long grass. We tried it on our Zoysia grass when we returned from holidays. The Zoysia is quite thick and lush, so the push mower wouldn't go through it.

Blackberry user

If a petrol mower was an effort to push you will find the Victa is lighter HOWEVER the effort to actually cut grass will negate any savings. The cylinder mowers in Australia are just not like the American ones which are heavy and better quality.

Get an answer from our members and Victa representatives