Victa 16" Razor Cut 881878

Victa 16" Razor Cut 881878 (page 2 of 2)

MPN: 881878

See the Best Manual Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Peter b

Peter bSydney, NSW

Not fit for purpose

Piece of garbage. that will make your life a misery. Poor design. Poor construction. Poor materials..the blade seems to be made of really soft steel. Handle twists. It even looks ugly.
I only got about 20 minutes cutting out of it...then persisted for far too long to make it work..
My first review because I've never owned such a piece of junk..i advise against buying.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Piece of junk save your money

Doesn't do what it is supposed to do and that is to cut grass, tried it on different grass lengths was terrible. When it did cut a bit it looked slashed not cut, should not be aloud to be sold. Giving Victor a bad name. Wish I had read the reviews before I bought it.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Epic fail

The blade gets stuck and there is no capability to adjust to free up the blade rotation
I have very small lawn and thought it would be perfect but it lasted just four mows. The framework is rickety despite the screws tightened to maximum tightness
Recomnend you dont waste your money

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Jo2085

Jo2085SA

Doesn't cut it.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Hillcrest SA

Hillcrest SAHillcrest SA

Don't waste your money

It just doesn't work kept getting stuck in "low" grass level tried all settings unsuccessful. The handles twist and move as you push and the catcher is totally useless - more grass on my feet than the catcher. Brother has Bosch hand mower - far superior
and only $30 more!!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

sydneytoyota

sydneytoyotaSydney Surrounds, NSW

It lasted half an hour!!!

There are two push manual lawn mowers on sale in Bunnings now and we just bought this Victa 16" Razor Cut Push Mower today. It costs almost double the cheaper one and does look more fancy and professional.
It turned out so hard to use while you either use it to exhaust your arms or put your body weight on it. After spending about half an hour on some 100 square metres lawn, the plastic part that adjust the height of cut got broken. It looks so thin.
Will have to return it to Bunnings tomorrow. Waste of time!!!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

JC1978

JC1978BENTLEIGH EAST

trust me it won't work

brought this a few years ago from bunnings, at time point in time i had absolutely no experience in lawning so I took the advise from one of the bunnings staffs.
and it is just so difficult to use, as no matter how hard I tried to push it, it just doesn't work.
and we took back to bunnings and exchange for a Victa petrol lawn mover and it works like a dream.
I don't know why they are still selling this product.
Trust me, don't waste your time, go and get a petrol lawn mover

Date PurchasedFeb 2012

Holly

HollySunshine Coast

Waste of money

Needed for a small yard, it just slides over the drive wheel never has enough traction unless you push it into the grass enough to dig a trench. The handle twists and flexes, when it is actually cutting grass only 50% ends in the catcher the rest on your feet.
It will be going in the recycling and I am off to buy a new mower.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Useless piece of s(crap) metal

What a piece of junk. Don't waste your money. Crappy handles that warp under the slightest pressure and mine has not cut properly since new as one blade seems to out of alignment with rest and hits the cutting bar. Have not been able to adjust it to cut properly.

Can recommend.

Great mower for my small yard. I love the perfect cut it gives me every time. I am not very strong physically, but have found it easy to use and maneover. Professional looking and the grass is looking healthier for using this old school style. Adjusting desired height is easy.

Can recommend! I love it

Baroness

BaronessPerth, WA

Simply won't cut lawn

This mower was bought from Bunnings and will be returned today. As other users have said, the handle bars constantly twist even on their tightest setting and the mower simply doesn't cut the lawn, despite numerous adjustments of the blade with a hex key (not supplied). I wondered if our lawn was too long, so I whipper snipped it down to a few cms, but still the blade sticks and jams and won't cut. It really is unfit for purpose and pointless in trying to persevere with it. My lawn is tiny and I really didn't want to buy a power mower. I had been using a hand mower from Aldi with great success, and thought I was upgrading with the twice as pricey Victa.... What a joke. I'll wait till Aldi have theirs in stock again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Bec

BecAdelaide

Great mower for smaller lawns

Bought this mower mid-2017 for my partner as a birthday present. Somehow I've ended up mowing and maintaining the lawn on my own...
I find this mower very easy to use, gives a great cut on my kikuyu lawn. The blades are self-sharpening so it's been easy to maintain so far.
I mow the lawn once a week so it doesn't get too long or thick. It's very quick and the mower is a breeze to move around as it's so much lighter than our old petrol mower.
Would recommend to others with a small lawn area to maintain. The price is pretty good too- under $100 at Bunnings.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Blackberry user

Blackberry userTownsville

I only bought it to scoop up leaves - no good sad to say. It is jut not heavy enough to be effectiv

I had already read reviews of push mowers and knew that they were no substitute for a powered motor. I had no expectation that it would, however was hopeful I could use it to very quickly skim up leaves or just trim some light grass. The american reel mowers you see on TV are very heavy, specialised models that work well. These are just toys in comparison. Unless you have very well behaved buffalo grass with absolutely no twigs or sticks anywhere, please don't buy. You would need to mow every few days. If you have about 5-10 metres of lawn then just get a whipper snipper and do it that way.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Rex

RexMelbourne

Felt like a peasant farmer ploughing a field

This mower is useless, handle twists even when fully tightened, you have to continually adjust the blade with an Allen key, which is not supplied. Barely trims grass on any of the settings, the basket is useless, majority of components plastic. Was twice the price of others but Mr and Mrs Bunnings were happy to supply refund, it wasn't the first they had received as faulty.
If you like putting the same amount of effort into trying to use this junk as a peasant farmer ploughing his crops, this is for you. Victa was once associated with quality

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Heidi

HeidiAdelaide

Very hard to use

This mower is very hard to use. I purchased this mower for our small 40sqm section of Santa Anna Couch lawn. The catcher is useless - i get covered in clippings everytime i use it.
I'm a fit 30yr old and i have alot of trouble cutting the grass - It constantly gets stuck. The one good thing about it is my wife finds it very entertaining watching me use it.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Steve22

Steve22Sydney

Not worth the money

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Maz

MazAbermain

Useless for buffalo grass or if leaves on lawn

I did every adjustment and it could not be pushed through buffalo grass about 2cm high with leaves on the lawn. Wasted my money. It kept slipping and jamming. I only have a small lawn but after I had struggled across it I could see no difference. It should specify that it can only be used on short grass on a very clean lawn

JenP

JenPQLD, 4020

A good mower

Purchased this little Victa Push Reel Mower for $99 to mow a small section of lawn in our pool area. Works well. It comes with a catcher. It is easy to use & cuts the grass very well. Doesn't require any maintenance. So far we are very pleased with it.
Specs below:
Blade Length (mm.) 406 Cutting Width (mm)406

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Karen A.

Karen A.asked

Just unpacked and put together my vista push mower but it wont go forward only backwards. Is this where is should adjust the back plate with an Allen key?

Aaron M.
Aaron M.

Yes. If you flip the mower and try and spin the blades, you should notice that one or more may be hitting the plate. Adjust it very slightly, on both sides with the Allen key until the blades at passing the plate with a little contact so that they will cut the grass.

Read the manual if you have issues

Evelyn H.

Evelyn H.asked

First time I used this manual mower it was as it should be. The second time, a few weeks later it will NOT go forward as the blade(S) seem to be locked up and yet I can go backwards! As others have commented the blade seems to be locked up and yet it is almost brand-new! Is it worth my time to keep trying or is it a "white elephant"? Victa was a trusted brand so PLEASE keep the faith.

Liza Ryan O.
Liza Ryan O.

I tried adjusting the bar that seemed to jam the blades and then the blades rotated freely but still wouldn’t cut. I returned mine and received a full refund. I would advise you to do the same. I agree that it is such a shame coming from Victa

JimA
JimA

Blades are flimsy and bend easily causing them to jam. I suggest you try another mower.

Cath A.

Cath A.asked

My victa push mower continually locks up on the right hand wheel. The only way I can get it to go is to wind the blades backwards but it is a constant job. There is nothing obstructing the blades and the grass is short. I am not at all mechanical but could it be something within the wheel itself.

Get an answer from our members and Victa representatives

CategoryManual Lawn Mowers