Victa 16" Razor Cut 881878

Victa 16" Razor Cut 881878 (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Manual Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Useless piece of s(crap) metal

What a piece of junk. Don't waste your money. Crappy handles that warp under the slightest pressure and mine has not cut properly since new as one blade seems to out of alignment with rest and hits the cutting bar. Have not been able to adjust it to cut properly.

Can recommend.

Great mower for my small yard. I love the perfect cut it gives me every time. I am not very strong physically, but have found it easy to use and maneover. Professional looking and the grass is looking healthier for using this old school style. Adjusting desired height is easy.

Can recommend! I love it

Simply won't cut lawn

This mower was bought from Bunnings and will be returned today. As other users have said, the handle bars constantly twist even on their tightest setting and the mower simply doesn't cut the lawn, despite numerous adjustments of the blade with a hex key (not supplied). I wondered if our lawn was too long, so I whipper snipped it down to a few cms, but still the blade sticks and jams and won't cut. It really is unfit for purpose and pointless in trying to persevere with it. My lawn is tiny and I really didn't want to buy a power mower. I had been using a hand mower from Aldi with great success, and thought I was upgrading with the twice as pricey Victa.... What a joke. I'll wait till Aldi have theirs in stock again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Great mower for smaller lawns

Bought this mower mid-2017 for my partner as a birthday present. Somehow I've ended up mowing and maintaining the lawn on my own...
I find this mower very easy to use, gives a great cut on my kikuyu lawn. The blades are self-sharpening so it's been easy to maintain so far.
I mow the lawn once a week so it doesn't get too long or thick. It's very quick and the mower is a breeze to move around as it's so much lighter than our old petrol mower.
Would recommend to others with a small lawn area to maintain. The price is pretty good too- under $100 at Bunnings.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

I only bought it to scoop up leaves - no good sad to say. It is jut not heavy enough to be effectiv

I had already read reviews of push mowers and knew that they were no substitute for a powered motor. I had no expectation that it would, however was hopeful I could use it to very quickly skim up leaves or just trim some light grass. The american reel mowers you see on TV are very heavy, specialised models that work well. These are just toys in comparison. Unless you have very well behaved buffalo grass with absolutely no twigs or sticks anywhere, please don't buy. You would need to mow every few days. If you have about 5-10 metres of lawn then just get a whipper snipper and do it that way.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Felt like a peasant farmer ploughing a field

This mower is useless, handle twists even when fully tightened, you have to continually adjust the blade with an Allen key, which is not supplied. Barely trims grass on any of the settings, the basket is useless, majority of components plastic. Was twice the price of others but Mr and Mrs Bunnings were happy to supply refund, it wasn't the first they had received as faulty.
If you like putting the same amount of effort into trying to use this junk as a peasant farmer ploughing his crops, this is for you. Victa was once associated with quality

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Very hard to use

This mower is very hard to use. I purchased this mower for our small 40sqm section of Santa Anna Couch lawn. The catcher is useless - i get covered in clippings everytime i use it.
I'm a fit 30yr old and i have alot of trouble cutting the grass - It constantly gets stuck. The one good thing about it is my wife finds it very entertaining watching me use it.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Not worth the money

Had this Victa mower for < 2 months before returning for a refund.

Pros:
- Mower was easy to assemble
- Inexpensive (although the most expensive push mower at Bunnings)

Cons:
- Catcher was pretty much worthless. Most grass would either not go in the catcher, or fall out if it while you were mowing. Also, the attach/detach mechanism for the catcher was not very user friendly.
- Handles would twist when you pushed the mower with any pressure no matter how hard you had tightened the fasteners
- Blades got stuck on the sharpening bar within 2 weeks. Had to adjust using an allen key, and it never cut the same again
- One of the wheels fell off after a month. I lost a piece when that happened, and the mower would not work at that point.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Useless for buffalo grass or if leaves on lawn

I did every adjustment and it could not be pushed through buffalo grass about 2cm high with leaves on the lawn. Wasted my money. It kept slipping and jamming. I only have a small lawn but after I had struggled across it I could see no difference. It should specify that it can only be used on short grass on a very clean lawn

A good mower

Purchased this little Victa Push Reel Mower for $99 to mow a small section of lawn in our pool area. Works well. It comes with a catcher. It is easy to use & cuts the grass very well. Doesn't require any maintenance. So far we are very pleased with it.
Specs below:
Model Name Victa 16" Razor Cut Mower Model Number881878
Material SteelProduct Dimensions (mm)W:420 H:1200 L:550
Package Dimensions (mm)W:430 H:200 L:230 Weight9.3
Catcher Included Yes Maximum cutting height (mm.) 38
Minimum cutting height (mm.) 13 Number of Blades 5
Blade Length (mm.) 406 Cutting Width (mm)406

Date PurchasedSep 2017

My victa push mower continually locks up on the right hand wheel. The only way I can get it to go is to wind the blades backwards but it is a constant job. There is nothing obstructing the blades and the grass is short. I am not at all mechanical but could it be something within the wheel itself.

where can I download the assembly manual with adjustment instructions

First time used, wheels locked moving forward! Can’t find any obstruction. Any thoughts????
If there is no obvious obstruction I am not sure why it is not moving forward. The only thing I can think is there is something in the blades (the action is like a scissor with a blade pushing against a bar to cut the grass) that you cannot see. If it is fully locked you may have to return it as defective, but I am tipping there is something you cannot see. The mechanism is very simple with few things to go wrong.When mine jams I gently press the blades with my foot (wearing protective boots of course!) and it usually unblocks at first attempt, if not I try again but move backwards first.

16" Razor Cut 881878