Victa 25.4cc Swift Start Straight Split Shaft Trimmer

1.6

rikki d

rikki dfalcon

Not bad for price

I like how everyone is saying used 3 times won't start. As a carby the fuel goes stale in jets, bowl and perishes seals. If you run them dry upon after use you will find you do not have these issues. A little under powererd but I use the edger also and it's mint!! Only had it for 2 weeks so far and I only know 1 speed which is flat out. It suits its purpose for a yard of 700sqm. If you have a farm buy an industrial whipper snipper

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for A$199.00.

Steve S.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Victa 25.4 Swift start from Bunnings.

A waste of money. Very difficult to start, poorly designed catches your finger trying to start. Only had it about 4 months already will now only throttle at max revs. Doesn’t seem to be compatible with standard whipper snipper line. Appears to require a proprietary line so it won’t slip. Won’t touch the Victa brand again.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$200.00.

JonF

JonFSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very disappointed, though it would have a place in the market for some people

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$199.00.

Hedge Trimmers

Find out how Victa 25.4cc Swift Start Straight Split Shaft Trimmer compares to other Hedge Trimmers

rubbish

I used 3 times and now it wont start no matter what I try.
The machine is also badly designed and catches on your finger while pull starting.
SWIFT START MY Rs.

Mick

MickGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Victa Swift Start. More like Victa no start

If I could give zero stars I would. Will never buy a Victa again. Used five times. It stopped. Now just cannot get it started any more :( :( :(. Very very disappointed customer

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

GrrrrrrrSouth West, WA

Disgraceful

Poor old Victa, Used to be an Australian icon built on reliability and loyalty since 1952. Now they can't even design a reliable recoiling pull start. I am sure after a few years it is to be expected that it would fail but for it to fail after the third start just tells me that they are actively designing it to fail. This brings great shame and disgrace to all whom sell and manufacture these abominations. I could give advice on how to run your company to be successful but you already know it and have decided building these pieces of crap is the best for your Briggs & Stratton and Honda brands. I will be keeping clear of your deceptive company.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$220.00.

Grrrrrrr

Briggs & Stratton stocks are now $4.60 from a high of $42 soon to be zero. I can't say I'm upset about that, just a pity they dragged down Victa with them.

ztt

zttGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Victa, stick to lawn mowers, Trimmers is not you

David wrigleyasked

I have a victa swift start bent shaft line trimmer, it now needs new line. The only thing I can find is basically a prewound replacement part at around $60 is that the only option

Steve S.

No you have to buy a customised Oregon gator line 2.4 mm. It’s designed so you can’t use standard line trimmer. >:-/ you can pick it up at Bunnings.

Well that's a pain. Thanks heaps Steve

Darren R.
Darren R.

gator speed load line costs $10 for 4 metres. So financially it makes sense to remove the speedload head completely, throw it away, then attach a different head. Then you can use your own preferred line (50 metres of saxon 2,4mm is $8)

Get an answer from our members and Victa representatives