MPN: 883226
See the Best Petrol Hedge Trimmers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Victa

• Safety

paul
paul

Not Happy Jan

Bought Victa Swift Start line trimmer back in 2019 from Bunnings.
Have tried many times to start it as per instructions. Looked for ideas on the net on how to get going - ones I found were all negative.
On each occasion I managed to get it to run for a few seconds and then its stops.
I ended up buying a Tanaka - a great little machine!!
The Victa now sits in my shed gathering dust as I don't know what to do with it - maybe an anchor for my tinny? So don't waste your money on one of these.
Think Victa should stick to something they do very well - lawn mowers

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $250.00.

Matt
MattGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Such a good whipper snipper

I bought this from Bunnings on the weekend, and very happy with my purchase. I was easy to assemble, fuel was easy to mix and I was up and running within 20 mins. I followed the instructions, and it started first time. I was using the trimmer for about 30 mins to complete my lawn with no problems.
I was reluctant to purchase based on reviews on here, but I purchased based on advice from my brother who also has one.
This is a great whipper snipper !

Purchased in May 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $279.00.

toekneeFar North Queensland, QLD

Priced for home

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores.

Paul R.
Paul R.Southwest, VIC

Unreliable at best

Brought from bunnings and has always had issues cutting out when gets warm. Can use 10mins before overheats. Always hard to start. Unreliable, poor quality. Won't purchase Victa brand again.

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $230.00.

Petrol Hedge Trimmers

Find out how Victa 25.4cc Swift Start Straight Split Shaft Trimmer compares to other Petrol Hedge Trimmers

Lisa
LisaBrisbane

Don't buy

Victa 25.4cc Swift Start Straight Split Shaft Trimmer

What a pity Victa is so different to now to where is came from. Purchased the Whipper Snipper about 11 months ago from Bunnings. Biggest mistake ever. Hard to start, has such low power it is nearly useless, over heats and cuts out/or burns the operator. Victa I am sorry that you have ended up making this cheap rubbish. I bought this product on your reputation and wish I had stuck with the cheap Aldi brand, theirs works as it should

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $279.00.

Pipes
PipesSydney, NSW

Updated model not a pinch on the previous one

Heavier, more cumbersome to use than the previous model. The spark plug & lead location on the top of the engine, is of poor design, which causes the operators elbow to regularly knock the lead off the plug, stopping the engine. The previous model was, and still is, much easier to operate. The cartridge type line feed is not economical. The bump feed head wears out rapidly. Unable to ascertain if the bump feed head can be replaced with a single line feed head unit. If so, it may be a little more economically efficient to operate. Only purchased this model as the previous model failed, however, sourced a new carby for the old model, fitted it, and it runs like new. I use it now, and this new model gathers dust in my shed.

Purchased in August 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $299.00.

Andy Broto
Andy BrotoSydney

Bad design, can’t start, used only once

Bad design, can’t start doesn’t matter what I do. It could be faulty from the factory. Disappointment, it should be easy and swift start. Tried everything and per instructions without avail

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $239.00.

Dion M.
Dion M.

Brand new, won't start.

Purchased new from Bunnings yesterday. Took it out of the box today and it won't start. I know line trimmers get harder to start with age, but this thing is brand new.

Purchased in July 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $279.00.

rikki d
rikki dfalcon

Not bad for price

I like how everyone is saying used 3 times won't start. As a carby the fuel goes stale in jets, bowl and perishes seals. If you run them dry upon after use you will find you do not have these issues. A little under powererd but I use the edger also and it's mint!! Only had it for 2 weeks so far and I only know 1 speed which is flat out. It suits its purpose for a yard of 700sqm. If you have a farm buy an industrial whipper snipper

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $199.00.

Steve S.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Victa 25.4 Swift start from Bunnings.

A waste of money. Very difficult to start, poorly designed catches your finger trying to start. Only had it about 4 months already will now only throttle at max revs. Doesn’t seem to be compatible with standard whipper snipper line. Appears to require a proprietary line so it won’t slip. Won’t touch the Victa brand again.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $200.00.

JonF
JonFSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very disappointed, though it would have a place in the market for some people

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $199.00.

rubbish

I used 3 times and now it wont start no matter what I try.
The machine is also badly designed and catches on your finger while pull starting.
SWIFT START MY Rs.

Mick
MickGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Victa Swift Start. More like Victa no start

If I could give zero stars I would. Will never buy a Victa again. Used five times. It stopped. Now just cannot get it started any more :( :( :(. Very very disappointed customer

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

GrrrrrrrSouth West, WA

Disgraceful

Poor old Victa, Used to be an Australian icon built on reliability and loyalty since 1952. Now they can't even design a reliable recoiling pull start. I am sure after a few years it is to be expected that it would fail but for it to fail after the third start just tells me that they are actively designing it to fail. This brings great shame and disgrace to all whom sell and manufacture these abominations. I could give advice on how to run your company to be successful but you already know it and have decided building these pieces of crap is the best for your Briggs & Stratton and Honda brands. I will be keeping clear of your deceptive company.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $220.00.

Grrrrrrr

Briggs & Stratton stocks are now $4.60 from a high of $42 soon to be zero. I can't say I'm upset about that, just a pity they dragged down Victa with them.

ztt
zttGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Victa, stick to lawn mowers, Trimmers is not you