Victa Classic Cut

Victa Classic Cut (page 2 of 5)

MPNs: 881887 and VCS467
See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Victa

Pros

Cleanly cuts lawn
Lightweight and ergonomic
Economical to run

Cons

Awkwardly placed oil port

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency

Danielle
DanielleWestern Australia

Affordable, does the job.

A smooth running mower, it’s our first brand new mower and it’s worth the money. I have a huge amount of lawn and every 60-90 meters I have to empty the catch. Sometimes I just leave it off if the grass isn’t too long.
This takes Petrol. I wish the tank was slightly bigger as I have to fill it every time I mow the lawn, but not a big deal in the scheme of things.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.

Dominic
DominicCentral Queensland, QLD

Not bad eh

Bought from bunnings. Paid $399 for it. I have a 800 square meter block that's almost all yard/lawn. I can do both front and back yard on one tank. Happy with that. Quality so far is very good. Starts first pull every time for me. well worth the money paid.

Purchased for $399.

Sam
SamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Leaked all of it's oil and stopped working.

Brand new, followed all setup instructions to the letter.
It struggled with any grass over ankle height.
Lots of rattling and shaking.
Leaked out all of it's oil within a few minutes and then stopped working.
For $400 you'd expect a lot more, not to mention a product that actually works.
I'd highly recommend buying a different brand.

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $400.

Richard
RichardGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Victa's value compromise

The fact a lot of people think this is a great mower speaks to Australia's low expectations of quality.
It's functional, but obvioulsy very cheaply made - my concern is that Victa have gone below a fit-for-purpose standard in saving cost on this line. For example, the flimsy plastic throttle control that breaks off when you use it - how hard can it be to make a simple part like that?
When using it I heard a lot of rattling and metallic bumping such that it felt like it was going to fly apart; not very confidence inspiring. And no, it didn't cut very well (underpowered) or catch very well.

Andrew
AndrewGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Tough workhorse

This mower I bought to replace my 36 year old 2 stroke Victa. I wanted a 4 stroke. This is so much quieter and easier to push. Starts 1st go and cute well. So far very reliable.. it's a Victa!

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.

Vic
Vic

As of March 2019, they are made in China

In March 2019, production of the Bunnings Victa Mowers changed - they are now made in China, instead of being made in Australia.

They look similar, but this is how you can tell the difference:
The old Aussie built ones have the Handlebar screwed to the top of the chassis, while the Chinese ones have the bottom of the handlebar screwed to the sides of the chassis. Chinese one has a rubber grip on the handlebar, Aussie ones you're grabbing the bare metal handlebar.

The Chinese model also has cheaper wheels, it's too early to tell about the Paintwork quality/ if it will rust out.

If I need a new mower, I will either buy a Victa 2-Stroke or buy an Aldi Gardenline Mower for $139 when they go on sale every October/November.

Purchased in June 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Ray C
Ray CSouth East Queensland, QLD

So far, so good

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
Is artificial grass the right choice for my lawn?

With spring in full swing and yard owners tending to their greenery more, some are looking to ditch the lawn mowing altogether in favour of artificial grass. We go through the pros and cons of installing a synthetic lawn so that you can decide what’s right for your turf.

Clara V.
Clara V.21 Sept 2021
is-artificial-grass-the-right-choice-for-my-lawn
Dan B
Dan B

Very Impressed

Purchased in June 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.

savvy shopper
savvy shopperMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lite, Zippy & a cut above

I have a medium size yard and as a single mum try to do most of my own garden maintenance. This mower is easy to start and mows my lawns with easy maneuverability. I usually have to refill in between the 4th & 5th cut so once ever 3 months. It is light & compact and packs neatly away in my small shed. Perhaps a little more expensive than some of the cheaper mowers on the market however the extra dollars are well spent. Love my Victa!

Purchased in March 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $478.

Miller
MillerSydney, NSW

Great machine

Great machine very easy to manoervure and simple to operate

Great for a flat land or gentle slops not so good on a very high slop

Battery isn’t as good as i was told by the sales person

Cather is a decent size for a residential home use

next time i would buy same brand but the petrol one

Very happy with it

Purchased in September 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $499.

Meza
MezaFar North Queensland, QLD

Loving it..

We got this victa lawn mower the other week. And we are loving it. For a smaller size it goes really well. There is a peep hole, to see how far the grass is in the catcher, which is really convenient. Also it is nice a light, a starts instantly. We are really happy with this purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
beachsider
beachsiderSydney, NSW

Super Reliable!

I bought the Victa classic cut lawnmower from Bunnings two years ago after having experienced breakdown twice with Ryobi mowers and I couldn't be happier. It's super reliable in all conditions with very little maintenance required except oil change every few months, it starts in one or two attempts every time and catcher does a brilliant job. Highly recommended!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Grimace
GrimaceBrisbane

Great Lawn Mower

Having used cheaper lawn mowers in the past few years, they all ended up having issues. It was about time I paid a bit more and I wish I did sooner. This victa lawn mower is well built, the quality is excellent, i love the plastic catcher and its great on fuel. Would buy victa again!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Banjo
BanjoSouth East Queensland, QLD

You can't beat a victa

Have only had this mower a short time but it works perfectly. Starts first go and it's a lot quieter then my last mower although it was about 15 years old. Would have preferred 4 blades but 2 is sufficient. The throttle cable could be somewhat shorter then it is & the oil cap could have been placed elsewhere instead of under the starter cord handle although that is just a very minor problem. Also, you can not drain the oil without tipping the mower on its side as there is no drain valve underneath like there is with my old mower. Overall tho, this is a great mower & worth the money.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Victa Classic Cut - Slow but reliable

I bought the “Victa classic cut” $399 from Bunnings yesterday, I wanted to buy a victa 2 stroke but was told victa don’t make 2 stroke anymore ?? What do I notice, yes starts easily and the motor is SLOW especially when your used to a 2 stroke. I used to power through with my 2 stroke but and now with my 4 stroke it is like an old steam engine. Yes reliable and cut the grass which hasn’t been cut for 4 months, got the job done.
Feels like a quality albeit slow.
PS: the lovely guy at Bunnings put it together for me.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
ReviewGuru
ReviewGuruPerth, WA

A reasonable petrol lawn mower

Date PurchasedAug 2015
MMalty
MMaltyOcean reef

Good

Motor produced black smoke just after 2 minutes of start. However it appeared that it was my fault because I added more oil than I should do. I typically added 1 liter instead of 450 CL I was given a replacement from Buntings and I can see it work OK now. So far it looks quite efficient.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
OurSecret
OurSecretNSW, 2758

Workhorse of my gardening business

The most reliable mower I have had. Victa were always good but this model starts every time, has a good catcher, isn't too noisy, and cuts to the set level accurately. I am finished quickly, clients are happy, and it wasn't the most expensive I could buy. So all good!

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
may
may

Delighted Customer

I bought ours in Bunnings 2 years ago
Im happy with this mower as it is easy to start. our old mower only husband could use coz its so hard to start. with this one wife can also cut grass without asking husband to start the mower. winning in life!

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Belltower
BelltowerMalvern

Really reliable mower

This has been a pretty much flawless run three years in. No issues to report and still running like a clock. I don't love the catcher design compared to the old Victas and it can clog up a bit in the chute if the grass is damp (just takes second to clear) bit apart from that, this is a great mower. Always starts and gets the job done nicely

Date PurchasedOct 2015
AARON C
AARON C

4.5 yeas still going strong

Purchased the VICTA CLASSIC over 4 years ago
Have changed the oil about 3 times.
Cleaned the air filter about 4 times.
Sharpened the blades twice.
Hose clippings off after use every 2-3 use.
If you tip the mower to the left (blows smoke)
If you tip the mower to the right (leaks fuel)
Servicing can be a pain
I live in north QLD AUS so summer co-ensides with wet season. 6 months of the year i mow the lawn every weekend on an everage size house block.
Only problem i have, when the grass is damp the catcher dosent work very well.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Lucy
LucyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great for small garden

My partner loves his lawn mower! We only have a small garden so works a treat! Great that we are able to use with or with out the catcher. Very simple and easy to push. Cuts grass at many different lengths! The fact I enjoy using it means it must be pretty good! (I don’t like garden)

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Rozzy71
Rozzy71Camberwell

Good Old Victa!

I went straight over to the Victas when I was buying this, yeah yeah, I am sure they are made overseas like everything else bu they still make me feel sentimental! This works very well and I have had no issues with it. It has been extremely reliable despite sitting for long periods sometimes. I occasionally have to bend over and scoop the clippings out of the catcher tunnel but that's about it, Always starts and can handle overgrown grass too!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
account_terminated_404
account_terminated_404South West, WA

Reasonable lawn mower for the average yard

This is a typical example of a brand-name product built to a budget. The deck is great and powdercoated for longevity and the Briggs and Stratton motor is solid, so long as you replace the oil at least once a year (along with the blades).

The pushbar and the wheels are clearly where the budget cuts were. The metal used on the bar feels weak and flimsy, as do the cheapo hard plastic wheels.

That being said, this mower has served me since 2015 and shows no signs of slowing down. Towards the end of the year I am looking at upgrading to a ~$800 mower with a bigger motor and quality parts all over.

For the average yard this mower will work just fine. Enjoy your purchase!

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Azza
AzzaHunter Region, NSW

Perfect for us

We purchased this mower with confidence as it was a Victa and it didnt let us down .
We have a medium sized yard and its no problem, leaving a smooth cut with minimal fuss.
It is easy to start with my partner having bo issues with starting and using .
Very happy and fully recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018