Victa Classic Cut

Victa Classic Cut (page 2 of 5)

MPNs: 881887 and VCS467

• Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency

ReviewGuru

ReviewGuruPerth, WA

A reasonable petrol lawn mower

Date PurchasedAug 2015
MMalty

MMaltyOcean reef

Good

Motor produced black smoke just after 2 minutes of start. However it appeared that it was my fault because I added more oil than I should do. I typically added 1 liter instead of 450 CL I was given a replacement from Buntings and I can see it work OK now. So far it looks quite efficient.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
OurSecret

OurSecretNSW, 2758

Workhorse of my gardening business

The most reliable mower I have had. Victa were always good but this model starts every time, has a good catcher, isn't too noisy, and cuts to the set level accurately. I am finished quickly, clients are happy, and it wasn't the most expensive I could buy. So all good!

Date PurchasedJul 2017

may

may

Delighted Customer

I bought ours in Bunnings 2 years ago
Im happy with this mower as it is easy to start. our old mower only husband could use coz its so hard to start. with this one wife can also cut grass without asking husband to start the mower. winning in life!

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Belltower

BelltowerMalvern

Really reliable mower

This has been a pretty much flawless run three years in. No issues to report and still running like a clock. I don't love the catcher design compared to the old Victas and it can clog up a bit in the chute if the grass is damp (just takes second to clear) bit apart from that, this is a great mower. Always starts and gets the job done nicely

Date PurchasedOct 2015
AARON C

AARON C

4.5 yeas still going strong

Purchased the VICTA CLASSIC over 4 years ago
Have changed the oil about 3 times.
Cleaned the air filter about 4 times.
Sharpened the blades twice.
Hose clippings off after use every 2-3 use.
If you tip the mower to the left (blows smoke)
If you tip the mower to the right (leaks fuel)
Servicing can be a pain
I live in north QLD AUS so summer co-ensides with wet season. 6 months of the year i mow the lawn every weekend on an everage size house block.
Only problem i have, when the grass is damp the catcher dosent work very well.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Lucy

LucyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great for small garden

My partner loves his lawn mower! We only have a small garden so works a treat! Great that we are able to use with or with out the catcher. Very simple and easy to push. Cuts grass at many different lengths! The fact I enjoy using it means it must be pretty good! (I don’t like garden)

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Rozzy71

Rozzy71Camberwell

Good Old Victa!

I went straight over to the Victas when I was buying this, yeah yeah, I am sure they are made overseas like everything else bu they still make me feel sentimental! This works very well and I have had no issues with it. It has been extremely reliable despite sitting for long periods sometimes. I occasionally have to bend over and scoop the clippings out of the catcher tunnel but that's about it, Always starts and can handle overgrown grass too!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
account_terminated_404

account_terminated_404South West, WA

Reasonable lawn mower for the average yard

This is a typical example of a brand-name product built to a budget. The deck is great and powdercoated for longevity and the Briggs and Stratton motor is solid, so long as you replace the oil at least once a year (along with the blades).

The pushbar and the wheels are clearly where the budget cuts were. The metal used on the bar feels weak and flimsy, as do the cheapo hard plastic wheels.

That being said, this mower has served me since 2015 and shows no signs of slowing down. Towards the end of the year I am looking at upgrading to a ~$800 mower with a bigger motor and quality parts all over.

For the average yard this mower will work just fine. Enjoy your purchase!

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Azza

AzzaHunter Region, NSW

Perfect for us

We purchased this mower with confidence as it was a Victa and it didnt let us down .
We have a medium sized yard and its no problem, leaving a smooth cut with minimal fuss.
It is easy to start with my partner having bo issues with starting and using .
Very happy and fully recommend.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Kat

KatSydney

Brilliant lawn mower

I purchased my victa lawn mower from Bunnings and it’s worth every cent. It’s very easy to start and manoeuvre (I am a lady). It cuts your lawn, nice and evenly and catches all the cut grass, not leaving clumps everywhere. My dad had a victa for over 30 years and he swears by them, so I followed in his footsteps. It’s so easy to use, I highly recommend and I have a bad back, but this mower makes it so easy

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Engine is good

Did lots of research between Masport and Victa classic, finally chosed Victa classic cut. Engine is good,easy to start, running smoothly without much noise. Lightweight and easy to operate, even my 10 years old girl could do the mowing. Except the engine, rest body parts look cheap and fragile. Within one minute after running the machine, one wheel cover fell off.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Westie

Westiemelbourne

Great Mower From Victa

Its got the classic Aussie Victa name although its almost certainly not made here anymore but this Victa really can take a whipping. I am a very lazy gardener and only do the lawns when the guilt creeps in that I am letting the street down if I don't and so I am usually cutting overgrown grass. This thing just walks right through it without slowing down.
It has given me precisely no problems since I have had it and I often leave old petrol in it and it still starts easily every time
Maybe it won't last for 20 years like the old Victas but it has a strong motor and runs really well.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Josh A

Josh ABrisbane

1 year in - never missed a beat. Annihilates thick grass!

I returned a terrible Honda mower that cost double this and got this instead.
It has heaps of grunt, i'm really happy with it, never clogs up with grass, and is easy to push.
I get lazy and leave my lawn for weeks, so I need something with grunt - this thing just *chops* through long summer grass.
Briggs and Stratton baby.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Deano86a

Deano86aSydney

Right tool for the right job

Very happy with mower, cuts evenly and precise ,easy to maneuver around the yard best suited to a medium sized backyard ,easy to maintain and setup. Have had 2 other Victas in the past and can say they are very reliable and cannot fault Victa in any way at all.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Fraidon h

Fraidon h

Thick grass killer

This mower is the best it has been working for over 10 years and it still kills
think grass the mower needed no repairs my lawn keeper by victa needed
alot of repairs it's blade gave my lawn a really smooth cut my lawn keeper by victa always stopped at thick grass this one stopped but it stayed on more longer than my lawn keeper by victa.

Date PurchasedMay 2004
Walnut

WalnutORANGE

Great Mower

Have been using it for a few months. I am very happy with the value for money that this mower provides. It is light weight and handles our very large lawn area. I'm not mowing on a weekly basis, so the mower is dealing with some pretty thick sections of lawn. I do have to run over some trouble spots twice. Maybe a four blade version would have resolved this issue.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Deano

DeanoMount Gambier

This is the 3rd victor lawnmower I have purchased, and I have never had any problems with any of them. This particular model cuts the grass with ease leaving my lawn perfectly manicured. Easy to operate, I would highly recommend to purchase. Minimal maintenance required, even the wife can use it

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Maha

MahaMelbourne

Excellent Mower

Great price petrol lawn mover for people who don't want to buy anything expensive. Works really well. Easy to start and handle. it is light weight and not heavy or bulky. It is good for small grass so that is something to keep in mind. Got it from bunnings. It has a good size fuel tank though.
Purchased at: Bunnings Warehouse

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Venkata Vidya

Venkata VidyaSydney

Does the job

My first time trying to buy a mower. Went to bunnings so many times and looked at each one. Thought of buying a battery powered one but ended up buying a petrol one after intense research and friends suggestions. Does the job very well. Good for small to medium size lawns. If you have a bit more affordability try and buy the mulcher.

Date PurchasedOct 2017