Victa Classic Cut

Victa Classic Cut (page 5 of 5)

MPNs: 881887 and VCS467

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency

Victa brand name destroyed by sale to B&S

We purchased one of these this afternoon at 2pm. it failed to start. It will be returned to Bunnings tomorrow for replacement. Hopefully we can get one of the 10% of B&S Engines that work. The Victa name has been grossly degraded by the sale to American Crap producer Briggs and Stratton!!

Date PurchasedJun 2017
globalspark

globalsparkFar North Queensland, QLD

Victa Australian made ha ha just a joke

Date PurchasedOct 2016

what a disappointment!!

been repaired 3 times... used only 12 times in 2 years..
currently dead as it gets oil in the carburettor and it just wont go...
worst mower ever... I have had a Victor 2 stroke before and it was excellent... very reluctant to buy another as I live in a regional area and cant get any support from Victor

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Victa classic cut from Bunnings

Worst mower ever. Had the first one replaced. This one now 6 months old, blowing smoke, popping and running rough. New filter, spark plug, oil and fuel, and still the same. Not happy! Bunnings replaced the first one because I threw a tantrum. What this time? Why offer a warranty if you can't return the product to the store of purchase.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Dud

This mower I bought last week and just put petrol and oil in it and the oil came spirting out the side ! And a cloud of smoke!
Bought it from Bunnings but they were so rude and won't exchange it!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Load of rubbish

Yes was great the first few times but then the choke cable broke which I have managed to bypass but this morning I put fuel in to use it and it's pouring out underneath, I think it's terminally ill, grrrrr very unreliable and now is going to cost $ to fix it. I'm rather sick of this throwaway mentality but by the time I lug it into the repair shop and find out it's going to cost heaps to fix it I may as well throw it on the heap with the rest of all the crappy products I have purchased, bring back the good old reliable fridges washers tv's and lawn mowers cos I'm rather sick of the poor quality overpriced items that we need for everyday life available these days!

Date PurchasedAug 2015

What else is going to fall off

I purchased another Victor mower after my old Victor died, and I was very disappointed with the quality of the mower and the cut. Plastic hub caps keep falling off, doesn't throw the grass to the back of the catcher (loads the front of the catcher) the wheels are just a blown plastic (not solid like the old ones) the crappy trim on the catcher didn't fit properly (required the flash trimming (excess plastic from moulding process)) I have to mow the grass at a snails pace to get a reasonable cut (old mower I could almost jog (well walk fairly quickly)). The build quality just doesn't seem to be there anymore for such an iconic mower.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Ross

RossPerth, WA

does the job

great mower does the job great value for money that's all i can ask right plus maintaining is easy clean it out new oil, spark plug air filter and blades every year or whenever. Just make sure you have the fuel stabiliser oil and ear muffs etc you will be alright.

Cliveh

ClivehGippsland, VIC

For a budget/mid range mower all is well so far

Put in handle, assemble catcher, add oil, add fuel. Started first pull. It mowed the lawn effortlessly. What more do you need from a mower in this category. I can't say whether it will last for over 20 years like the last Victa 2 stroke it's replacing but we are off to a good start. This machine is well finished and quiet. So far so good.

jimmy 13

jimmy 13melbourne

Dud

Same thing I've taken ownership of a victa classic cut. Every time I have used it something has gone wrong. 1/ there was no oil in it. 2/ spark plug was stuffed. 3/ then the throttle fell off. Took it to the Victa dealer in Cranbourne who proceeded to tell me none of the above items were covered by warranty $120.00 later I get it back and the new throttle cable he put in will not turn off. I had always bought Victa Mowers, NEVER AGAIN.

PWR64Southern and Hills, SA

Not a Good Start

Had a Victa for mower for 15 years and it has been indestructible. So purchased the classic cut from Bunnings today. Put it together filled with oil, started first time, great. After about 10 minutes of light use, oil is being pushed out of the side of the engine. Obviously the engine hadn't been torqued enough and not sure it had been tested by quality control, very disappointing!

PWR64

Bunnings swapped it for a new one straight away, the new one has been brilliant so far

PWR64

Had the replacement for 4 months now. I think I was unlucky with the first one, this one is going to be as good as my old one. See you in another 15 years Victa when I am ready for another one.

Every time I have started this mower something else rattles offered it's embarrassing to think that

I just took ownership of a 410 dollar Victa classic cut mower and every time I have used it something has fallen off wild the cut of the lawn is fine and it does start with these. I am left feeling as if instead of buying a Hyundai I should have bought a BMW

Very Fuel Efficient, Works Great

I have had for about 5 months now and it always start's first pull, I changed the oil yesterday and cleaned the filter and it still works. I used the Briggs and Stratton Oil that was recommended. I use the 91 octane fuel and have no problems. I can mow my whole lawn which takes about 3 hours on 1 and a bit tanks, so very fuel efficient.

It cut's the grass great, including after rain, after I use it in the wet, I turn it backwards and put the handlebars on the ground and wash the underside with a hose.

So far so good. Brand new out of box the mower started first pull.

The mower looks good. Clean and powerfull. First mow it may be cutting uneaven. I've been told it could be assembled poorly. I will investagate more into this. Over all it's a good budget mower.

Bronze Three

Bronze ThreeAdelaide

The Briggs & Stratton 158cc motor coupled with assembled in Australia won me over on the Bunnings we

Joe c.Victa

Thank you for the feed back provided.
Victa Customer Service

Nicholas Ralph

Nicholas RalphToowoomba

A good little mower

TomHo

TomHo

Cheap, reliable mower

Our lawn is quite small - can be edges and mown in 40 minutes, so when our old mower expired I did not want to spend a lot. Picked this up on special for $329, so figured I couldn't go wrong. Engine is Briggs & Stratton and starts 1st time. It is a budget mower, and you can see how they get to this price figure - wheels are hollow and feel sightly flimsy compared to my previous mower with solid ball bearing wheels. Base plate feels lightweight. Height adjustment mechanism also could be more robust, but it works fine. Overall a good mower for the price.

Joe c.Victa

Thank you for the feed back and understand that a $300 mower is not a $600 mower.