Victa Classic Cut

Victa Classic Cut

MPNs: 881887 and VCS467
See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Victa

Pros

• Cleanly cuts lawn

• Lightweight and ergonomic

• Economical to run

Cons

• Awkwardly placed oil port

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency

Wolfjax
WolfjaxSouth East Queensland, QLD

This model is trash unless you have a small yard with short grass

I have extensively used this mower for over a year now.
My thoughts are it’s more of unit for small lawns and short grass it will do the job well.
It is definitely not ideal for large yards and longer grass.
The grass seems to get caught under the blades I would spender your money on a larger more powerful unit

Purchased in August 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

Lol do not waste your time with this POS

Don't know if this is updated model as the problem doesn't mirror the problems of previous reviews but I bought this mower couple months ago only used 3 times

Mower works great for first half an hour but after that it starts rhythmically sputtering like the fuel line is clogged or something wrong with the carby.

New fuel new oil cleaned up etc, still does it. Again, only after about half an hour of use. Its like it wasn't built to tolerate mowing large yards.

I had it replaced on warranty from bunnos and used even cleaner high octane fuel and a fresh bottle of SAE-30 oil.

Same bollocks again. This mower is a POS. Don't waste your time on it like i did. Victa have gone in the toilet.

Purchased in December 2020 for $399.00.

S14series2
S14series2Hobart, TAS

Most poorly designed junk you will ever buy

As per title, everything that can come loose, or break has done, the pull cord, return spring, coil lead even fell out, leaks fuel, won’t start, allergic to water, will never buy another Victa product in my life

Kymbo
Kymbo

Leaks half of sump all in 20mins dont buy

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings for $399.00.

Sam
SamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Leaked all of it's oil and stopped working.

Brand new, followed all setup instructions to the letter.
It struggled with any grass over ankle height.
Lots of rattling and shaking.
Leaked out all of it's oil within a few minutes and then stopped working.
For $400 you'd expect a lot more, not to mention a product that actually works.
I'd highly recommend buying a different brand.

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $400.00.

Victa brand name destroyed by sale to B&S

We purchased one of these this afternoon at 2pm. it failed to start. It will be returned to Bunnings tomorrow for replacement. Hopefully we can get one of the 10% of B&S Engines that work. The Victa name has been grossly degraded by the sale to American Crap producer Briggs and Stratton!!

Date PurchasedJune 2017
globalspark
globalsparkFar North Queensland, QLD

Victa Australian made ha ha just a joke

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Is artificial grass the right choice for my lawn?

With spring in full swing and yard owners tending to their greenery more, some are looking to ditch the lawn mowing altogether in favour of artificial grass. We go through the pros and cons of installing a synthetic lawn so that you can decide what’s right for your turf.

Clara V.
Clara V.21 Sept 2021
is-artificial-grass-the-right-choice-for-my-lawn

what a disappointment!!

been repaired 3 times... used only 12 times in 2 years..
currently dead as it gets oil in the carburettor and it just wont go...
worst mower ever... I have had a Victor 2 stroke before and it was excellent... very reluctant to buy another as I live in a regional area and cant get any support from Victor

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Pst
Pst

Victa classic cut from Bunnings

Worst mower ever. Had the first one replaced. This one now 6 months old, blowing smoke, popping and running rough. New filter, spark plug, oil and fuel, and still the same. Not happy! Bunnings replaced the first one because I threw a tantrum. What this time? Why offer a warranty if you can't return the product to the store of purchase.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016

Dud

This mower I bought last week and just put petrol and oil in it and the oil came spirting out the side ! And a cloud of smoke!
Bought it from Bunnings but they were so rude and won't exchange it!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Load of rubbish

Yes was great the first few times but then the choke cable broke which I have managed to bypass but this morning I put fuel in to use it and it's pouring out underneath, I think it's terminally ill, grrrrr very unreliable and now is going to cost $ to fix it. I'm rather sick of this throwaway mentality but by the time I lug it into the repair shop and find out it's going to cost heaps to fix it I may as well throw it on the heap with the rest of all the crappy products I have purchased, bring back the good old reliable fridges washers tv's and lawn mowers cos I'm rather sick of the poor quality overpriced items that we need for everyday life available these days!

Date PurchasedAug 2015
jimmy 13
jimmy 13melbourne

Dud

Same thing I've taken ownership of a victa classic cut. Every time I have used it something has gone wrong. 1/ there was no oil in it. 2/ spark plug was stuffed. 3/ then the throttle fell off. Took it to the Victa dealer in Cranbourne who proceeded to tell me none of the above items were covered by warranty $120.00 later I get it back and the new throttle cable he put in will not turn off. I had always bought Victa Mowers, NEVER AGAIN.

Find out how Victa Classic Cut compares to other Petrol Lawn Mowers

Every time I have started this mower something else rattles offered it's embarrassing to think that

I just took ownership of a 410 dollar Victa classic cut mower and every time I have used it something has fallen off wild the cut of the lawn is fine and it does start with these. I am left feeling as if instead of buying a Hyundai I should have bought a BMW

Russ asked

I have asked many questions and your members do not answer. It is a hoax.

The Reviewer
The Reviewer

We are not Victa members. Why ask a review site when you can get exact answers from Victa or Bunnings directly ?

Russ

Why call it a review site then.

Coxy

Because this is where people who bought a product can review it and offer their opinion.
It is not a site where people who work for or sell particular products come to answer questions.
Occasionally someone from Victa, or from a retailer who sells Victa might be here but mostly it's just us people who bought one.

Russ asked

Why don't your victa members answer.

Russ asked

Are bunnings victa mowers made in nsw kemps creek,or china. Do they have ballbearing wheels and pressed steel chassis,as victa dealers say they are rubbish and won't touch them.

Coxy

The one I bought a couple of months ago seems to have been assembled in China. I would guess the actual pressed steel mower body was made in China. It seems to be powder coated. Compared to the Rover I had for the last 20 years, that rusted through after about 5 years and I repaired by bolting on various pieces of steek and aluminium for the next 15 years, I'd guess this one might last about the same (with similar repairs).

The mower handle is not as sturdy as my old Rover, but I guess I could make a new one if it dies.

I'm assuming of course that the little Briggs and Stratton 500e might last 20 years like the B & S Quantum 5 did!

Overall, this one feels like it might, and the Easy Start function works nicely.
Press the primer bulb 3 times to flood the carby.
Set the throttle to half way.
Pull the starter cord Gently, once to get some fuel vapour into the cylinder.
Pull the starter cord Gently again to ignite the fuel vapour.
Very occasionally - I might need to pull the cord Gently a third time, usually if I do something stupid like try to start it with the blade in deepish grass.

Get an answer from our members and Victa representatives

Features:

• The Victa Classic Cut Push Mower has a Briggs & Stratton quiet 4-stroke engine and 6.8Nm of torque to power through your lawn.
  • It has RapidStart™ technology that makes getting your machine going quick and simple.
  • The mower has a dual-blade cutting systems, with 2 swing-back blades that make a clean cut on all types of grass.
  • It can make cuts between 11 to 70mm high, letting you easily mow to your desired length.
  • Ergonomic soft-grip handles on the mower mean you can manoeuvre it around your lawn comfortably.
  • The unit comes with a 5-year limited warranty.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the Victa Classic Cut could achieve a clean cut on all types of grass - even grass that’s wet, high, or quite thick.
  • They also found that it was lightweight, ergonomic, and compact, and so was easy to manoeuvre around their yard. Reviewers particularly enjoyed the comfortable grips on the handle.
  • Reviewers also noted that the mower was efficient in its fuel consumption, saying that it was economical to run for a petrol-powered machine.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers noted that the oil port was in an awkward spot, with reviewers disliking that they had to tip the engine in order to do an oil change.
CategoryPetrol Lawn Mowers
Number of Blades2
Weight26 kg
Engine / Motor
Engine NameBriggs & Stratton 500E Series
Engine Type4-Stroke and OHV (Overhead Valve)
BrandBriggs & Stratton