Victa Classic Cut

Victa Classic Cut (page 2 of 3)

MPNs: 881887 and VCS467
See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Victa

Pros

• Cleanly cuts lawn

• Lightweight and ergonomic

• Economical to run

Cons

• Awkwardly placed oil port

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency

Rubbish

What a piece of crap. Might be alright for the 5 metre strip on the driveway or retirement home square but anything more it is crap. Leaves most of the grass on the lawn. The small hole from blade to catcher blocked up in seconds and from then on grass stayed where it was. Don't mow near buildings or leave the door open to said building. Grass splats up the side of the house, over footpaths, in open doorways. Going past the skip my $500 lawnmower got chucked in there. Caused an argument about my attitude that lasted for days.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Jess
Jessperth

Great product

I've been using this product for about 12 months now. I've never had any problems with it. It is easy to start and starts first time very time. The product is sturdy even the catcher. I've had problems with catchers in the pass so I'm very happy with this part of it.

Kat
KatBrisbane

Reliable, solid

Great mower, haven't even serviced it in 3 years and still starts first pull and blades cutting clean. I have always had victa mowers and they've always lasted ages even though I treat them quite bad. I would Recommend getting from Bunnings as they do warranty. I would also recommend getting it serviced to increase life.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Brett
BrettMelbourne

Great little lawn-mower - would recommend to others

I purchased this Victa lawn mower from Bunnings and have been really happy with it. We don't have a big shed, however the handle folds down and the catcher can be removed to allow it to take up minimal foot print. I wouldn't call it noisey or quite, it's fuel powered so it makes a reasonable amount of noise, however its easy enough to push around, blades remain sharp and the catcher is large enough to cover my whole lawn (~60 sqm). I'd buy this brand again without hesitation.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

TJC
TJCBrisbane

Great mower

Good, easy to manoeuvre lawn mower which leaves a great cut and is easy to start. The catcher is relatively easy to empty and can hold a fair amount of clippings. If the blades need to be changed, it's a simple case of undoing a few bolts and a quick changeover. Overall a very good, reliable mower

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Damien H
Damien Hmelbourne

Perfect

Recently moved out of home with my girlfriend and went to bunnings hoping to find an ideal lawn mower and other gardening tools. Walked out with the victa lawn mower and has genuinely been amazed with it. Cuts grass to a tee and easy to assemble and use. Would highly recommend. The price was expensive but. Definitely worth it

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hannaq
HannaqAU

Does the job well

I bought this mower over a year ago. It is easy to start up and run. It is light to push around the lawn and the catcher is a good size. It basically does the job it needs to do and it is very easy to operate. Overall I am very happy with it.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Is artificial grass the right choice for my lawn?

With spring in full swing and yard owners tending to their greenery more, some are looking to ditch the lawn mowing altogether in favour of artificial grass. We go through the pros and cons of installing a synthetic lawn so that you can decide what’s right for your turf.

Clara V.21 Sept 2021
is-artificial-grass-the-right-choice-for-my-lawn
Should I get a petrol or battery lawn mower?

Battery lawn mowers are advertised as having the power to rival that of their petrol counterparts - without the noise, hassle, and fumes. We compare the two to help you decide which type of push mower is right for your yard.

Clara V.13 Oct 2021
should-i-get-a-petrol-or-battery-lawn-mower
Harpreet
HarpreetBrisbane

Tough and good to go

bought this mover 1 year ago and found it to be good size for my 30msq lawn. easy start up and easy to maintain and store. Bought this from bunnings for a good price. I have no complaints about this product so far. Bit on the louder side but i wear hearing protection. would recommend it

Bruce
BruceCairns

lawn mower that starts every time

If you want a lawn mower that starts every time then look no further that Victa. I have uses Victas all my life, except one time I bout a cheap chinese brand that was 99 dollars and lasted only 1 year, never again from now on I will stay with my trusted Victa,

Date PurchasedMay 2017

I'm impressed

I did as instructed by the personnel at Bunning's. After putting oil in the sump I pulled the the chord slowly to lubricate the rings and it started on the second pull. The mower is easy to operate and cuts like a gem; I've always had Briggs and Stratton motors and I haven't been disappointed thus so far - fingers crossed.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Kelly SA
Kelly SASouth Australia

Don’t know how I did it before I had my Victa!

Bought from Bunnings recently.
Easy to use.
Starts first go.
Light and durable.
Cuts like a knife.
Large catcher.
Easy to maintain.
Multi level cutting adjustment lever.
Simple enough for my 10 yo son to use it.
Highly recommend!
If you’re looking for a great mower for any size front or back yard, don’t go past this Victa. Reliable brand, quality product!

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Kareena b
Kareena bLaunceston

Love my lawn mower

I have the limited addition black classic cut but the same model, purchased from bunnings, love it!! Always starts straight up, (female owner so start up matters for me) and very easy to use, decent size plastic catcher too, very happy with it, and i think the price was worth it i would reccomend.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

robbo
robboPreston

Victa summer classic

It cuts ok but it blocks up at the back if the grass is little wet it's only good if it's dry.and it's hard to maneuver its pretty heavy and if you want to change the blades really hard to take off I gave up on it it's a crappy mower broke down first day.

November 12th 2017 Update: This is the worst mower I used doesn't like picking up moist grass

When I bought it the wheels fell off the coil was faulty. After 5 months it stopped completely due to faulty coil.it doesn't like picking up moist grass at all it's rubbish if you ask me and too much maintenance on it spark plug don't last long don't buy sponge filter gets dirty pretty quickly

Date PurchasedOct 2015
annieexplorer
annieexplorerWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Not as good as previous model

Bought this to replace the previous model which I donated to family. Wish I had kept the previous model as started first time every time. Had a fuel primer and worked each time. This model does not have the fuel primer and takes about 3 attempts to get to work which is disappointing. Mows ok when finally working and good catcher

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Glen
GlenQld, 4000

Thumbs Up Victa

Easy assemble - lightweight - easy on the juice - nice cut - easy to manoeuvre - recommend to female users - light to lift if service required - didn't go the mulcher not really necessary unless lawn maintenance is your job - great price and service at Bunnings - just fun to use - well done Victa.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Rachael Morton
Rachael Morton

Love my mower

So love my victor mower easy to start light weight and cuts beautiful love it it's very good on fuel also great mums mower that does great and light and very easy to use and empty it's been a great mower starts first time every time love it so much

Date PurchasedMar 2016
TheHBpencil
TheHBpencilSydney Surrounds, NSW

Simple, reliable and effective

Had it 3 years now and still starts first time every time.
I expect it to last another 20 years as its built simply and well.
I was going to get the mulching version but really I don't see the need for it
Simple and effective at what it does.
Good price

Date PurchasedApr 2014
holden5ltr
holden5ltr

good old victa!!!

cant go wrong with this one, cuts great and is a really good price, has warranty and is built in the usa. the best lawn mower i have bought and is guaranteed to last a very long time. victa all the way for me. looks great aswell and top quality.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Linda V
Linda VBrisbane

Great little grass cutter

This mower does an excellent job or cutting our grass and the weeds and grass are channeled into the catcher. It is a heavier mower but built to last. Our last Victa lasted us 24 years and when we gave it away, it still worked. This new one is easy to use and gives a clean finish to our lawn.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
TREV
TREVsydney

Grass master

The best mower I have owned, and when you start it up you know that you will get a clean cut, even lawn
1 click to start and away you go, easy to steer and it just glides over your lawn giving an even cut that won't damage the grass [ when at correct cutting height]
When finished just hose it down and it's ready for next time
Great value when put up against other brands and with Victa you know you're getting a top of the range mower, trusted and proven for many years in the past

ellen buss
ellen bussnsw, 2760

best lawn mower I ever bought

I bought this mower because it is light weight and easy to get around it cuts well starts every time with one go i would buy another if I needed good for the older folk it is easy to clean and it is a good size to store in a small shed or laundry

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Dan
DanScottsdale

Love it, easy to start

This victa mower is very very good . A dream to get started either from cold to hot . Just prime a couple of times and one pull and away you go . Easy to adjust the height and leaves the lawn looking fantastic . I don't use the catcher though , its a bit small.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Rash
RashMelbourne

Good one

i would like to recommend it highly..its good. Really easy to clean its basket and it takes only 5 minutes to mower my 84sqm lawn. its very quick. i was scared earlier to spend this much money on my lawn mower but later happy with the quality of this.as my hubby enjoys now mowing lawn with victa. we bought it from bunnings.. love it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

What else is going to fall off

I purchased another Victor mower after my old Victor died, and I was very disappointed with the quality of the mower and the cut. Plastic hub caps keep falling off, doesn't throw the grass to the back of the catcher (loads the front of the catcher) the wheels are just a blown plastic (not solid like the old ones) the crappy trim on the catcher didn't fit properly (required the flash trimming (excess plastic from moulding process)) I have to mow the grass at a snails pace to get a reasonable cut (old mower I could almost jog (well walk fairly quickly)). The build quality just doesn't seem to be there anymore for such an iconic mower.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Ross
RossPerth, WA

does the job

great mower does the job great value for money that's all i can ask right plus maintaining is easy clean it out new oil, spark plug air filter and blades every year or whenever. Just make sure you have the fuel stabiliser oil and ear muffs etc you will be alright.