Victa Classic Cut

Victa Classic Cut

MPNs: 881887 and VCS467
See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Victa

Pros

• Cleanly cuts lawn

• Lightweight and ergonomic

• Economical to run

Cons

• Awkwardly placed oil port

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency
Sand
Sand

Feeling quietly optimistic

Purchased in March 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

Greg
Greg

Value for Money Cuts Well

Purchased in February 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $400.00.

Steve
SteveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Mine was bulletproof

Purchased in November 2016 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

Danielle
DanielleWestern Australia

Affordable, does the job.

A smooth running mower, it’s our first brand new mower and it’s worth the money. I have a huge amount of lawn and every 60-90 meters I have to empty the catch. Sometimes I just leave it off if the grass isn’t too long.
This takes Petrol. I wish the tank was slightly bigger as I have to fill it every time I mow the lawn, but not a big deal in the scheme of things.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

Ray C
Ray CSouth East Queensland, QLD

So far, so good

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

Dan B
Dan B

Very Impressed

Purchased in June 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

savvy shopper
savvy shopperMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Lite, Zippy & a cut above

I have a medium size yard and as a single mum try to do most of my own garden maintenance. This mower is easy to start and mows my lawns with easy maneuverability. I usually have to refill in between the 4th & 5th cut so once ever 3 months. It is light & compact and packs neatly away in my small shed. Perhaps a little more expensive than some of the cheaper mowers on the market however the extra dollars are well spent. Love my Victa!

Purchased in March 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $478.00.

ReviewGuru
ReviewGuruPerth, WA

A reasonable petrol lawn mower

Date PurchasedAug 2015
MMalty
MMaltyOcean reef

Good

Motor produced black smoke just after 2 minutes of start. However it appeared that it was my fault because I added more oil than I should do. I typically added 1 liter instead of 450 CL I was given a replacement from Buntings and I can see it work OK now. So far it looks quite efficient.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Belltower
BelltowerMalvern

Really reliable mower

This has been a pretty much flawless run three years in. No issues to report and still running like a clock. I don't love the catcher design compared to the old Victas and it can clog up a bit in the chute if the grass is damp (just takes second to clear) bit apart from that, this is a great mower. Always starts and gets the job done nicely

Date PurchasedOct 2015
AARON C
AARON C

4.5 yeas still going strong

Purchased the VICTA CLASSIC over 4 years ago
Have changed the oil about 3 times.
Cleaned the air filter about 4 times.
Sharpened the blades twice.
Hose clippings off after use every 2-3 use.
If you tip the mower to the left (blows smoke)
If you tip the mower to the right (leaks fuel)
Servicing can be a pain
I live in north QLD AUS so summer co-ensides with wet season. 6 months of the year i mow the lawn every weekend on an everage size house block.
Only problem i have, when the grass is damp the catcher dosent work very well.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Lucy
LucyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great for small garden

My partner loves his lawn mower! We only have a small garden so works a treat! Great that we are able to use with or with out the catcher. Very simple and easy to push. Cuts grass at many different lengths! The fact I enjoy using it means it must be pretty good! (I don’t like garden)

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Rozzy71
Rozzy71Camberwell

Good Old Victa!

I went straight over to the Victas when I was buying this, yeah yeah, I am sure they are made overseas like everything else bu they still make me feel sentimental! This works very well and I have had no issues with it. It has been extremely reliable despite sitting for long periods sometimes. I occasionally have to bend over and scoop the clippings out of the catcher tunnel but that's about it, Always starts and can handle overgrown grass too!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
account_terminated_404
account_terminated_404South West, WA

Reasonable lawn mower for the average yard

This is a typical example of a brand-name product built to a budget. The deck is great and powdercoated for longevity and the Briggs and Stratton motor is solid, so long as you replace the oil at least once a year (along with the blades).

The pushbar and the wheels are clearly where the budget cuts were. The metal used on the bar feels weak and flimsy, as do the cheapo hard plastic wheels.

That being said, this mower has served me since 2015 and shows no signs of slowing down. Towards the end of the year I am looking at upgrading to a ~$800 mower with a bigger motor and quality parts all over.

For the average yard this mower will work just fine. Enjoy your purchase!

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Engine is good

Did lots of research between Masport and Victa classic, finally chosed Victa classic cut. Engine is good,easy to start, running smoothly without much noise. Lightweight and easy to operate, even my 10 years old girl could do the mowing. Except the engine, rest body parts look cheap and fragile. Within one minute after running the machine, one wheel cover fell off.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Russ asked

I have asked many questions and your members do not answer. It is a hoax.

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

We are not Victa members. Why ask a review site when you can get exact answers from Victa or Bunnings directly ?

Russ

Why call it a review site then.

Coxy

Because this is where people who bought a product can review it and offer their opinion.
It is not a site where people who work for or sell particular products come to answer questions.
Occasionally someone from Victa, or from a retailer who sells Victa might be here but mostly it's just us people who bought one.

Russ asked

Why don't your victa members answer.

Russ asked

Are bunnings victa mowers made in nsw kemps creek,or china. Do they have ballbearing wheels and pressed steel chassis,as victa dealers say they are rubbish and won't touch them.

Coxy

The one I bought a couple of months ago seems to have been assembled in China. I would guess the actual pressed steel mower body was made in China. It seems to be powder coated. Compared to the Rover I had for the last 20 years, that rusted through after about 5 years and I repaired by bolting on various pieces of steek and aluminium for the next 15 years, I'd guess this one might last about the same (with similar repairs).

The mower handle is not as sturdy as my old Rover, but I guess I could make a new one if it dies.

I'm assuming of course that the little Briggs and Stratton 500e might last 20 years like the B & S Quantum 5 did!

Overall, this one feels like it might, and the Easy Start function works nicely.
Press the primer bulb 3 times to flood the carby.
Set the throttle to half way.
Pull the starter cord Gently, once to get some fuel vapour into the cylinder.
Pull the starter cord Gently again to ignite the fuel vapour.
Very occasionally - I might need to pull the cord Gently a third time, usually if I do something stupid like try to start it with the blade in deepish grass.

Get an answer from our members and Victa representatives

Features:

• The Victa Classic Cut Push Mower has a Briggs & Stratton quiet 4-stroke engine and 6.8Nm of torque to power through your lawn.
  • It has RapidStart™ technology that makes getting your machine going quick and simple.
  • The mower has a dual-blade cutting systems, with 2 swing-back blades that make a clean cut on all types of grass.
  • It can make cuts between 11 to 70mm high, letting you easily mow to your desired length.
  • Ergonomic soft-grip handles on the mower mean you can manoeuvre it around your lawn comfortably.
  • The unit comes with a 5-year limited warranty.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the Victa Classic Cut could achieve a clean cut on all types of grass - even grass that’s wet, high, or quite thick.
  • They also found that it was lightweight, ergonomic, and compact, and so was easy to manoeuvre around their yard. Reviewers particularly enjoyed the comfortable grips on the handle.
  • Reviewers also noted that the mower was efficient in its fuel consumption, saying that it was economical to run for a petrol-powered machine.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers noted that the oil port was in an awkward spot, with reviewers disliking that they had to tip the engine in order to do an oil change.
CategoryPetrol Lawn Mowers
Number of Blades2
Weight26 kg
Engine / Motor
Engine NameBriggs & Stratton 500E Series
Engine Type4-Stroke and OHV (Overhead Valve)
BrandBriggs & Stratton