See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

catcher is crap

I have just purchased commando 675 motor is ok but my problem is the catcher only half fills up and it starts dropping grass every were and when you pull the catcher out there is always grass stuck under the mower and it goes every were im not impressed i have gone back to using my 30 year old that was still going just thought and upgrade would be better but the mowers from then are much better in my opinion

Date PurchasedDec 2018

KrustySydney, NSW

very reliable

I am 48 and had 2 lawn mowers so far,both Victa's,both 1000sq mtr blocks,The 2 strokes give a tighter,cleaner cut with torque running a lot higher,Why is it so hard to find 2 strokes now and if you do you need to mortgage the home,I would buy nothing but a VICTA.Cheer's Krusty.

Date PurchasedMay 2003
Azz

AzzBrisbane

Starts so easy, no dramas

This mower comes with a Honda engine, it starts first time every time. I’ve had no issues with the mower except a small issue with the handle has slightly bent from the foldaway function not being locked properly when extended. I expect this mower to run forever being a Honda engine.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Turbine3

Turbine3Melbourne

Very Good Lawnmower

I am very happy overall with this model from Victa. We have a fairly large backyard that grows grass quite unevenly due to the drainage so there are quite long bits together with shorter. This just chomps through it all without worrying. It definitely has enough power to get the job done. It always starts first go and I like the mulching of the grass. My only complaint is that the chute chokes up from time to time but all mowers can do that. Its strong, reliable and works well.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

shopper101

shopper101Sydney

nice unit

this mower is better then the rest i think
nice motor with lots over power and cuts grass perfect when blades are new
re shute is nice and wide to collect grass
very easy to start and easy to push when mowing
would differently recommend other people to buy .

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Shelley.b.

Shelley.b.

Great product

As I have a large yard with a large area to now I needed a mower that was light enough for me to use myself and easy enough to operate.I highly recommend this mower .the cutting results are great and it certainly met all my needs and expectations and exceeded my expectations.I no longer pay a mower service and would recommend this mower .

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Date PurchasedAug 2017
thphan22

thphan22

Mows down the opposition

Bought this for my dad, since his old mower wouldn't start anymore. This mower does a fine job of cutting the grass and keeping the lawns neat and tidy. It's easy to push around the yard and is a sturdy machine. Sometimes my dad needs help starting it, but after that it runs smoothly and easily. Maintenance is simple too.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Karen

KarenAU

So far so good

Used first time yesterday. Very happy. Lawn is neat, the catcher picks up everything. Used mulcher attachment on part of lawn & looks like I didn't (no loose cuttings). Very manouverable, started easily first pull, & easy to hose down after when cool, to clean. Hope it continues this way.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Pat J

Pat JAdelaide

I love this 2 stroke Mulching Mower

Date PurchasedJan 2016

worst grass catching mower ever

Leaves grass everywhere ,with the catcher attached front right wheel is smashed by grass you have to mow twice worst mower I have ever owned it moves well ,but that' it starts after 4 pulls,I will be asking for a refund it is not a mower4 older people mowing once is bad enough not twice

Graham Ferguson

Graham FergusonAU

Not good

Purchased a 2 stroke commando early 2015 - Cut grass 'unevenly' from day one. Also left 'trail' of grass from catcher. My son's old victa does a better job. After numerous complaints and providing pics, the store eventually took it away, checked all heights, etc. changed blades and altered max revs. Was a little better but still appears to be uneven cut. Also 'spits' grass out in all directions. Very disappointing. Only bought this due to previous good experience with Victa.

dougpetrie

dougpetrie

victa

the victa 2 stroke I have has never let me down engine has heaps of grunt to cut through long grass, it leaves a great cut, found that engine seems to over rev when sitting stationary, and hinge assembly with the catcher door seems to vibrate loose making me have to stop mower to re-attach, but all in all very good mower for a 2 stroke, found replacement parts a little steep in price if you buy victa brand.

Waste of Money

Live on a 1/4 acre block but have to mow a certain part weekly because of the septic. After 12 months of use it started to vibrate bad. End up being a bent crankshaft and also a bent conrod. Not covered under warranty as that is wear and tear. Engine is now a vibrating smoke machine an completely useless.
Pros? Could use it for a paper weight?
GCV motor is rubbish. Air cleaner at engine with no snorkle. Fragile.

Alan511
Alan511

Exactly so if you want something decent that will last more than just 12 months buy something else and stay far away from this model. $600, what a joke.

WendyL

WendyLCairns

Great mower for 60+ female

Date PurchasedMar 2017

DavidH

DavidHasked

Commando VCMD484 (Self-Propelled)

I want an owners manual for the VCMD484 Self-Propelled mower. I've searched for a while with no result. Can anyone help, please?

Erika C

Erika Casked

Commando CMS485 (700, 4 Stroke)

I have an arm injury which stops me using a pull-start mechanism on a lawn mower. Is there a Victa which has a button start mechanism or other start mechanism (not involving the pull action)? We have a medium to large-sized lawn and have ruled out an electric mower.

Krusty

G,day Erica,Victa do have a good selection of battery start up mowers,Have a look at their website and do a little research before heading to a shop,How big is your yard?Do you prefer two or four stroke engines?The technology for battery run models has come a long way but are suited to smaller level lawns,Select carefully as I have had my Victa two stroke for almost 20yrs,Cheer's Krusty.

Martin B.

Martin B.asked

What type of oil needed

SAE30

Krusty

Victa two stroke oil at 40:1 with 98 octane (premium unleaded)petrol,You can get your first oil from local lawn mower shop and replace once you know the bottle,Cheer's Krusty.

Joe c.Victa

do not use 98oct use 95oct or unleaded without E10 and the ratio for the premium 2 stroke oil is 50.1 ie 100ml
per 5ltr of fuel std 2 stroke oil ratio uis 25.1 ie 200ml per 5ltr
reason for not usin 98 is its too high octain and will burn the valves in the motor

Get an answer from our members and Victa representatives

Victa Commando VCMS484 (Mulch & Catch)

Victa Commando VCMS484 (Mulch & Catch)

Victa Commando VCKS484 (Key Start)

Victa Commando VCKS484 (Key Start)

No reviews
Victa Commando VCMD484 (Self-Propelled)

Victa Commando VCMD484 (Self-Propelled)

1 review
Victa Commando VCBD484 (Ultimate)

Victa Commando VCBD484 (Ultimate)

Victa Commando CMS462 (2 Stroke)
  • Discontinued

Victa Commando CMS462 (2 Stroke)

Victa Commando CMS485 (700, 4 Stroke)
  • Discontinued

Victa Commando CMS485 (700, 4 Stroke)

CategoryPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn Mowers
Price (RRP) $599$749$769$899$649$749
Power SourcePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
FeaturesMulching Capability and Quick-Start MotorQuick-Start MotorMulching Capability, Quick-Start Motor and Self-PropelledMulching Capability, Quick-Start Motor and Self-Propelled
Catcher Type RigidRigidRigidRigid
Cutting Deck MaterialSteelSteelSteelSteel
Cutting Width482 mm480 mm483 mm482 mm
Height of Cut15 mm to 72 mm15 mm to 72 mm15 mm to 72 mm15 mm to 72 mm
Number of Blades44
Weight35 kg35 kg34.5 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)3 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Engine / Motor
Engine Displacement161 cc163 cc
BrandBriggs & StrattonBriggs & StrattonBriggs & Stratton
Engine Type4-Stroke
Engine NameBriggs & Stratton 675 Exi SeriesBriggs & Stratton 750 SeriesBriggs & Stratton U.S. 163cc 725 EXi SeriesBriggs & Stratton 750iS Series InStart