Victa Corvette GCS466 (200, 4 Stroke)

Victa Corvette GCS466 (200, 4 Stroke)

Great mower

I bought this mower for my small lawn (150m^2). The mower does everything I need and does a good cut.

I'm impressed in the features and build for the price. The 2019 model adds a comfort grip handle, a hose adapter to wash underneath and is a mulching mower - glad I waited a few more months.

This is my first 4-stoke and I've noticed that you need to go a little slower to get a good cut when compared to a 2-stroke. It's much quieter than a 2-stroke (still recommend ear plugs/muffs) and I'm enjoying not having to mix fuel after a few decades. Throttle is responsive and the governor helps when the engine gets loaded up to prevent stalling when cutting thick grass.

I'm have an average lawn with average thickness grass and it cuts the grass well. I don't get catcher issues unless I happen to be mowing with a full catch (ie forget to empty it). I tend to avoid mowing wet grass in principle knowing most mowers clog anyway when cutting wet grass.

Build quality is ok for the price; if you look after it should go the distance.

It's early days yet with this mower, having only mown a few times, so I can't comment on reliability or longevity, so I may revisit this review in future to update.

I'm really happy with the purchase so far. Now, I've got my grass mown to the height, I'm going to just use the mulch plug to trim the height weekly.

Purchased in March 2019 for $459.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Fuel Efficiency
Product is used: Weekly

Warning - I bought a lemon!

Eighteen months ago I bought a new Victa corvette 200 with Briggs and Stratton 4 stroke. I have a small suburban block in Brisbane and have used Victas for 40 years.
The Briggs and Stratton engine gave major problems associated with the plastic carby from the outset, even though clean, 91 grade, non-alcohol fuel was always used. Sick of paying for repairs!!!
I have dumped this mower, not wanting to pass on the problem!

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Could be better

I bought the Victa Corvette 200 after being talked into it by the local mower guy. I had wanted an electric mower but he didn't have the model I wanted in stock.

I was surprised that it was much quieter than any petrol mower I had used before but still noisier than my 15 year old (but now deceased) 2200W electric mower. It coped well with cutting and the finish was quite good.

It always took a couple of pulls of the cord - never 1 as the guy in the store claimed. The throttle control lever for this Briggs & Stratton motor machines of which this is one is very poorly marked and you can only figure out where the "start" position is by seeing where the stop position is indicated in the manual. You get use to it but it is daft labelling on the machine.

The biggest complaint is the carburettor which in these things is very prone to gumming up if you leave fuel in it over winter which I did on the 3rd year. Also, the cosmetic red piece of plastic over the top of the motor which has to be removed to get access to the 3 bolts that hold the top on is very difficult to remove. You cannot disconnect the very short fuel hose easily without removing this cover. The fuel tank is irregularly shaped which makes draining difficult. Ah, the joys of maintenance of small petrol engines. Funny thing is old petrol mowers I use to use never had these problems. Maybe fuel is crappier these days.

I will be replacing it with another electric mower.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Victa is still making great mowers.

I really like the fact that it starts first go. It is light to push and move around edges etc. If convenience is what you’re after, then the Corvette 200 is perfect because it cuts the grass neatly. The rigid plastic grass catcher is easy to remove, empty and replace.
It is designed and assembled in Australia and it has the functionality and the durability that I like. Victa offers a 3-year domestic warranty as well.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

No hassles at all

BEing using it for almost 6 months now, works seamlessly.
starts on the first time, mow the lawn as I wish to.

Bought it from mowerPwer Mount waverley, their friendly staff helped me finalize the right one for me.
PRice matched with fuel and oil topped up and all assembled, so you are good to go instantly.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Not very happy customer

Bought mine trimmer a year and half ago and it's not recommend at all, spent $200 but not much help to be honest. I have to spend too many kicks on it to start and if I am lucky it starts otherwise I have to leave it for another day for it to work. Would not recommend victa to anyone

Date PurchasedJan 2015

just ok

I have never felt strongly enough about anything to get a bad review, but i am really ticked off about buying this mower, I was bitterly disappointed in it and please do yourself a favour, dont buy this one , I am still waiting to see if the problem will be rectified.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Victa Corvette 18" cut

I bought a Victa Corvette two years ago, Briggs and Straton engine..engine starts first pull every time...BUT then I noticed a lot of free movement in the handle and in closer inspection found the handle mount to the body has almost rusted out on both sides. I returned the mower to my original place of purchase and was advised by the this particular distributor that he had already replaced/returned 9 mowers for the same fault. I was also advised the company was aware that 700 units had not been under coated before painting but still released to the distributors??? Not good.
The Hills Hoist and Victa are Australian icons?? ...so should I buy Australian products..
I am still waiting to see if the problem will be rectified.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

What's better for comercial use corvette comercial or corvette 300 because I am getting on soon.
Neither. Buy something else. Honda, Toro, Greenfield, John Deere all make a commercial walk behind. Victa do not.

Hi! Is the Victa Corvette 200 any good?
Victa Corvette 200 should be fine to mow your grass ,cheers.Yes the Victa Corvette is very good. Victa Customer Care TeamAnything with a Briggs and Stratton engine should be avoided like the plague. A B&S engine made in the past 20 years will give you no end of trouble, cost you more to fix than the purchase price, and expire years before you'd expect it to.

Corvette GCS466 (200, 4 Stroke)
Power SourcePetrol