Victa Corvette GCS466 (200, 4 Stroke)

Victa Corvette GCS466 (200, 4 Stroke)

Push Mowers Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of push mower would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.3

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency

dissappointing

The belt that drives the self propulsion continuously dislodges so you spend most of time repairing this machine. It was recommended to me for my size garden but it cannot handle it.

Purchased in December 2015 for A$700.00.

Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Product is used Occasionally
Juan G.

Juan G.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Perfect Mower Extremely Reliable has never let me down

I purchased this mower in January of 2019 it has lasted me roughly about eight months and I never had any problem with this Victa Mower I have installed an hour meter on this mower about 2 days ago and the meter works really well I always like to have reliable gardening equipment I do not like to have unreliable gardening equipment

Juan

Purchased in January 2019.

Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Product is used Daily
R.singh

R.singhSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use

I bought this on 31st March 2019. It's a new model with red strap handle and washport as well. It's Corvette 200. When you check specifications on victa website it doesn’t tell that it has washport as well.
Used it next day it’s less noisy for sure. Best thing I like is height adjustable handle which is Great. Power wise it’s not that great, it struggles to stay on with no four cuttting position, very disappointing. I had to cut the lawns on no five position then again on no four. Uses lot of petrol also. May be it was not full. Starts first pull which is good.
Under powered and poor fuel consumption. If Victa has satisfaction guarantee I maybe think to return it. I'm sure grass was not too tall that the engine has to struggle.

Purchased in March 2019 at Browns plains Mowers for A$399.00.

Product is used Occasionally

Petrol Lawn Mowers

Find out how Victa Corvette GCS466 (200, 4 Stroke) compares to other Petrol Lawn Mowers

bjr

bjrCentral West, NSW

Great mower

Purchased in March 2019 for A$459.00.

Product is used Weekly
Barry

BarryBrisbane

Warning - I bought a lemon!

Eighteen months ago I bought a new Victa corvette 200 with Briggs and Stratton 4 stroke. I have a small suburban block in Brisbane and have used Victas for 40 years.
The Briggs and Stratton engine gave major problems associated with the plastic carby from the outset, even though clean, 91 grade, non-alcohol fuel was always used. Sick of paying for repairs!!!
I have dumped this mower, not wanting to pass on the problem!

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Peterb666

Peterb666Merimbula

Could be better

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Robbie

RobbieNSW, 2335

Victa is still making great mowers.

I really like the fact that it starts first go. It is light to push and move around edges etc. If convenience is what you’re after, then the Corvette 200 is perfect because it cuts the grass neatly. The rigid plastic grass catcher is easy to remove, empty and replace.
It is designed and assembled in Australia and it has the functionality and the durability that I like. Victa offers a 3-year domestic warranty as well.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Rachit Dhasmana

Rachit DhasmanaGlen Waverley

No hassles at all

BEing using it for almost 6 months now, works seamlessly.
starts on the first time, mow the lawn as I wish to.

Bought it from mowerPwer Mount waverley, their friendly staff helped me finalize the right one for me.
PRice matched with fuel and oil topped up and all assembled, so you are good to go instantly.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
mkba

mkbaMelbourne

just ok

I have never felt strongly enough about anything to get a bad review, but i am really ticked off about buying this mower, I was bitterly disappointed in it and please do yourself a favour, dont buy this one , I am still waiting to see if the problem will be rectified.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Petrol Lawn Mowers

Victa Corvette 18" cut

I bought a Victa Corvette two years ago, Briggs and Straton engine..engine starts first pull every time...BUT then I noticed a lot of free movement in the handle and in closer inspection found the handle mount to the body has almost rusted out on both sides. I returned the mower to my original place of purchase and was advised by the this particular distributor that he had already replaced/returned 9 mowers for the same fault. I was also advised the company was aware that 700 units had not been under coated before painting but still released to the distributors??? Not good.
The Hills Hoist and Victa are Australian icons?? ...so should I buy Australian products..
I am still waiting to see if the problem will be rectified.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Elord27

Elord27asked

Corvette GCS466 (200, 4 Stroke)

What's better for comercial use corvette comercial or corvette 300 because I am getting on soon.

CamPoole
CamPoole

Neither. Buy something else. Honda, Toro, Greenfield, John Deere all make a commercial walk behind. Victa do not.

bushmagpie
bushmagpie

After having a John Deere JS48 I wouldn't go near them again. Regularly serviced and the most annoying thing is the short time that the battery for the key start lasts. Only about 12 months every time. Typical of most mowers with a single bar type blade and a small chute, it's hopeless particularly of a winter. The B&S motor started blowing smoke after only about 3 years. Not like the Briggs and Stratton motors of old that lasted. Disappointing that John Deere put their name on such garbage. It wasn't a cheap mower either. Looking at the new Honda.

micheal

michealasked

Corvette GCS466 (200, 4 Stroke)

Hi!

Is the Victa Corvette 200 any good?

steelmill
steelmill

Victa Corvette 200 should be fine to mow your grass ,cheers.

Victa
Joe c.Victa

Yes the Victa Corvette is very good.

Victa Customer Care Team

speed
speed

Anything with a Briggs and Stratton engine should be avoided like the plague. A B&S engine made in the past 20 years will give you no end of trouble, cost you more to fix than the purchase price, and expire years before you'd expect it to.

Get an answer from our members and Victa representatives